Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But why?

But Katakuri and the other Commanders aren't Marco, Jozu, and Vista. Why, if the Sweet Commanders should falter, should we degrade the others in the actual feats they accomplished? Though I do understand it, but if we do that we might as well throw the entire Marineford arc out instead of just a few instances. Again, I think more than anything giving everyone a blank check because they're supposedly on the same level no longer makes. You get what you give and that's it. Until X character shows me what they have, no matter what the title it seems we should be suspect. Katakuri admitted very plainly that he had never fought someone as strong as Luffy, didn't he? Maybe my memory is fuzzy but at the very least, no one had ever dodged him that much which one would think is super odd if he's supposedly doing what Marco and etc are doing, yes?

I mean, it was super clear that at the time Marco was being portrayed as someone who could contend with the Admirals. No need to argue against that. What has changed, however, is our interpretation of how the Yonkou stack up against each other. At that time, we assumed that all the Yonkou's top forces would pretty much be copy paste in terms of strength but recent times tells us that's not necessarily so and each crew has different dynamics and ways of doing things.

He stood against them with Marine back up but he never scored any hits on Marco or anyone else important. He downed Curiel who didn't seem any stronger than Moria in their brief skirmish. Should we down everyone else because of that?

In check in doing what? Whitebeard had zero interest in being King. Big Mom, however, has been complaining about her loss to Roger for over 20 years and is no closer to it now than she was before Roger was even King. We've got to update our ideas of how the Yonkou work. They're overall close enough in power but that doesn't mean that they're all 100 to each other's 100. And they all have different goals. Whiteberad didn't care about being King or amassing power---he just wanted a family. Blackbeard wants to amass as much power as possible as quickly as possible. Kaidou wants a big war and for all of his crewmembers to be zoan users. Shanks just wants to netflix and chill. Big Mom is still suffering from her big loss to Roger several decades ago and likes to eat sweets.

Heck, even with Jack he "seemed" a bit more hardened in getting a beatdown by presumably Fujitora and possibly Sengoku and going back to Zou to try and fight some more. With what Katakuri took, it's hard to imagine that he'd be able to continue fighting after such a beatdown (note, this isn't me saying Jack is stronger than Katakuri but just looking at portrayal and comparing them). But then again, maybe Luffy is just that powerful now which, with this victory, he probably is. But then again again, we now seemingly have an even more massive gap between some Emperors and probably Admirals than initially thought.

So I mean. What're the Sweet Commanders doing to Akainu again? Once more, my logic says they beat him but recent manga developments seem to say not in this lifetime. Kind of see where I'm coming from?
    I can see the logic. Basically a FM vs a FM shouldn't be gauged based on their standing in respective crews but for what they've shown. I mean, with four crews and marines, it's definitely not impossible for commanders of crew A to be a good deal stronger than commanders in crew B. If there ever was a war between two crews, the others would immediately jump into the action and start backstabbing each other. Even back in the Whitebeard war, Shanks had to interfere to stop Kaido which might have led them into a conflict themselves.

So although I may not agree 100% I can see the reasoning behind the argument and I think it's possible, but it has yet to be confirmed by the performances we see in Wano.

The Sweet Commanders should be able to win without much difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by X18999 View Post
    The Sweet Commanders should be able to win without much difficulty.
    They get mid diffed on a good day bro what are you smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgolen View Post
    They get mid diffed on a good day bro what are you smoking?
    Obviously something less hallucinogenic than you are...

Quote Originally Posted by X18999 View Post
    Obviously something less hallucinogenic than you are...
    Snack is Ace level,he gets one shot,Cracker cant stand pain he gets one shot.Smoothie is same level as Cracker she gets 2 shot and then Akainu destroys Katakuri with low diff