View Poll Results: Who's your favorite player ?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Morphy

3 100.00%
  • Nezmethdinov

0 0%

Chess favorite player tournament Round 1 match Morphy vs Nezmethdinov

Ok this is a tough match-up for the crazy Nezmet as he's faced with a pure genious of the game, one many consider a World Champ even though the title didn't exist in his days. Paul Morphy travelled from America to Europe when he turned 21 yo and destroyed the so called best players of that time, showing what true talent looked like. He abandonned his chess carrier for a law carrier rather soon, but he left us some gems before doing so.

On the other hand we have Nezmethdinov, who's certainly a good player himself but doesn't stack up and got there by learning from all the past masters INCLUDING Morphy.

I was certainly a bit biased for this one, but it's not up to me to choose ! So tell us : who's your favorite player ?

Still would go with Morphy, simply because of his achievements and style of play
    Stay a while, and listen!

I am the great mighty poo, and Im going to throw my shit at you.

Get over here!

The Game Master, here to create amazing games for everyone!

I'll go for Morphy myself. The guy's a legend.

I only know Nezmethdinov from a few famous games of his and I don't think he even became a GM.

Morphy games are more enduring and more instructive for lower level players. He is revered not just because he had a lot of natural talent of course but because his play was exciting and fresh at the time but not too wild.

My favorite games from him were not the immortal games that he is usually associated with, but the way he humiliated his opponents with smothered checkmates (which is my favorite type of checkmate) such as his one match with a guy named meek or something.

One of the Goats, Morphy, is through to the qf !