View Poll Results: Who's your favorite player ?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Petrosian

3 100.00%
  • Grischuck

0 0%

Chess favorite player tournament Round 1 match 6 Tigran Petrosian vs Grischuck

One is part of the line-up for the upcoming world chess candidates, a tournament that will qualify a player to challenge Magnus to the title of World Chess Champion this fall. The other one has been a World champion and is renowned for the way he'd often sac the exchange (rook versus minor piece, more often for a knight at that) and win from there.

One had a quite positional sense albeit a strong tactical sense as all the top players always had and have, while Grischuck style is more dynamic and creative.

Which is your favorite player ?

i barely know the latter. all i know is that he is one of the best blitz players of all time.

iron tigran's style is far from my favorite, but there's no doubt that it had some influence and was effective at match play. Tigran had great board vision and he was just as much of a tactical genius as he was a positional strategist. He knew exactly when to attack and took risks only if his position is sound (which he usually judged correctly). When on the defensive, it's nearly impossible to beat him. I like this game of his: http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1106725

a brilliant queen sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by Egress View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i barely know the latter. all i know is that he is one of the best blitz players of all time.

iron tigran's style is far from my favorite, but there's no doubt that it had some influence and was effective at match play. Tigran had great board vision and he was just as much of a tactical genius as he was a positional strategist. He knew exactly when to attack and took risks only if his position is sound (which he usually judged correctly). When on the defensive, it's nearly impossible to beat him. I like this game of his: http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1106725

a brilliant queen sacrifice
    I quite agree, Petrosian isn't my favorite player either but he sure was brilliant.

He moves forward in this tourney !