Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    So luffy's endurance is godlike in this arc, i hope his endurance is not limited only in this arc, if not its fucking bullshit. But again he is rubberman, he is suppose to be resistant to blunt attack. Maybe he can use that rubber power behind haki defense while fighting katakuri

So luffy technically lost(while he is the one who could stand up and walk away he definitely was the first to fall and the last to get up)

Luffy winning this fight has been absolutely horrible writing. He basically tanked attack after attack from a Yonkou FM for 10 hours or w/e. Some of the worst from Oda.

Kataguri still great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dank Sinatra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So luffy technically lost(while he is the one who could stand up and walk away he definitely was the first to fall and the last to get up)
    Kataguri obviously didn't have enough strength to finish Luffy off though. The fact that he couldn't do anything but collapse whilst Luffy could get up and run away before Kataguri had the strength to do anything means Luffy won albeit by a tiny margin.

This kinda reminds me of dragonball where roshi and goku were both on the ground and in order to win one of them had to stand and exclaim that they were the champion. From that and the fact that luffy fainted first, it seems katakuri actually won but instead of killing luffy he used his remaining strength to ask him the question.
    [/SIGPIC]This world gives me oranges and expects lemonade.

Pretty neat show of respect from Luffy. Curious to see what happens with Kata's character after this arc, he's the best BM crew members hands down.

Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermilion Kn View Post
    Pretty neat show of respect from Luffy. Curious to see what happens with Kata's character after this arc, he's the best BM crew members hands down.
    He gets demoted from the Sweet Generals and gets a short cover story before the inevitable fall of the Big Mom Pirates.

Demoting him would be 100% retarded. Who would replace him ?

He's the only competent one in the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermilion Kn View Post
    He's the only BM crew member Oda even tried to make look good.

As much as a lot did not want this it was pretty much destined to happen with the prolonging of the fight and the foreshadowing/hints. Still the best post-skip fight even if the ending is a bit anti climatic.

Well now we are (hopefully) moving on from this arc to reverie/Wano.
    Last edited by Neko; 03-01-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Tbh it seems like Kata won, he was ready to strike down Luffy but Luffy fainted first.

I think Kata will leave, I mean now everyone knows he has a weird mouth. It would be cute if he leaves with Pudding and maybe Brulee or Parline
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Retired Legend #3
    18/2/18

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    I think Kata will leave, I mean now everyone knows he has a weird mouth. It would be cute if he leaves with Pudding and maybe Brulee or Parline
    why brulee though

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    why brulee though
    I think she will be the only one who would like Kata even with an ugly mouth
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Retired Legend #3
    18/2/18

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    I think she will be the only one who would like Kata even with an ugly mouth
    I think Pudding is the best fit for that. And Paraline will maybe go with the fishman pirates

Luffy covered Katakuri's mouth though.

Ofc its possible that Flambe and the fanclub tell everyone about it, but Katakuri's not pussy enough to leave just because everyone knows the truth about his face.

That, and I honestly doubt anyone noteworthy would treat Katakuri any different, all of the older siblings should already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Luffy covered Katakuri's mouth though.

Ofc its possible that Flambe and the fanclub tell everyone about it, but Katakuri's not pussy enough to leave just because everyone knows the truth about his face.

That, and I honestly doubt anyone noteworthy would treat Katakuri any different, all of the older siblings should already know.
    I think Kata dislikes that people know about his mouth, there is a reason he always covered it just like Pudding and her third eye. Apparently one of the big mom's family flaws is that they care so much about looks.
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Retired Legend #3
    18/2/18

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    I feel like going on about how this doesn't make sense is just excessive at this point.
    You are absolutely right.

But what the fuck is this shit?

tfw Katakuri didn't go down to a super tier high end technique from Luffy

Doffy got more justice.

I feel like every OP arc I read makes me want to escape to the future one. Somebody kill this arc and bring me Wano already x.X

I guess the implication here might be that whilst Luffy was unconscious, Katakuri could’ve finished him off. Maybe he stood guard to make sure no one else hurt him. These are just my hopes though. Guess it depends on how it’s drawn.

This would make the ending a little bit better than Kata collapsing just because.