Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 399
  1. #1
    Cafe Conqueror X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,075

    The Second Amendment

    I think it's pretty dumb that some Americans cling so desperately to this. Thoughts?


    The Commander From Hell

    We The North








  2. #2
    I agree.

    However it is a cultural thing, so instead of fighting it head on, strict regulations on gun ownership should be implemented.

  3. #3
    I find it really strange that some people are against such a common sense right.
    No.​

  4. #4
    it is not a common sense right to own something whose only purpose is to harm others or yourself
    Last edited by R; 02-23-2018 at 04:15 PM.

  5. #5
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    84,762
    It's important.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it is not a common sense right to own something whose only purpose is to harm others or yourself
    Yes it is. Hurting and even killing other people when necessary is a part of human culture. Those cultures that see this as unnatural or wrong are themselves unnatural. If a person breaks into my home, for example, I should have the right to defend my property and my family. Even kill him if need be.
    No.​

  7. #7
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    84,762
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it is not a common sense right to own something whose only purpose is to harm others or yourself
    It's tied to life and liberty...pursuit of happiness maybe

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    17,290
    @R; @X;

    Instead of treating you two with dignity, I’ll just make fun of your goofy worldviews.









  9. #9
    Cafe Conqueror X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find it really strange that some people are against such a common sense right.
    How man other Constitutions have it?


    The Commander From Hell

    We The North








  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    17,290
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How man other Constitutions have it?
    Is this supposed to be an argument?

  11. #11
    Cafe Conqueror X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this supposed to be an argument?
    Four countries in the entire world have it as a Constitutional right yet you say it's so necessary.


    The Commander From Hell

    We The North








  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    17,290
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Four countries in the entire world have it as a Constitutional right yet you say it's so necessary.
    Argumentum ad populum...

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes it is. Hurting and even killing other people when necessary is a part of human culture. Those cultures that see this as unnatural or wrong are themselves unnatural. If a person breaks into my home, for example, I should have the right to defend my property and my family. Even kill him if need be.
    your first part has nothing to do with your second part so i will respond to them separatly.

    yes, killing and hurting has and likely will be always part of human civilization. yet everyone agrees that it actually is a bad thing to hurt and kill - so the fact that people try to take actions which lessen hurting and killing is not unnatural. unnatural are the people who, albeit being aware of the fact that it is bad, try to establish a society which eases the possibility for even more hurting and killing.

    -

    regarding your second point - yes, obviously you do have the right to defend yourself in times of crisis. however you said it yourself - killing only when absolutely necessary. when the chances of the intruder himself not having a gun due to limited and restricitve gun policies you do not need to think in such extremes.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How man other Constitutions have it?
    Plenty of countries allow you to own firearms, but only a few have is as a constitutional right. That doesn’t matter though, cause most constitutions are sub-par at best and most governments are pathetic.

    Do you guys not like the idea of defending yourselves or something?
    No.​

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @R; @X;

    Instead of treating you two with dignity, I’ll just make fun of your goofy worldviews.








    i have not read through these comics. if you like you can give me a tldr. however i also accept you backing out of such a complex debate. going by what i have observed from different topics in recent times you like to do that a lot.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    your first part has nothing to do with your second part so i will respond to them separatly.

    yes, killing and hurting has and likely will be always part of human civilization. yet everyone agrees that it actually is a bad thing to hurt and kill - so the fact that people try to take actions which lessen hurting and killing is not unnatural. unnatural are the people who, albeit being aware of the fact that it is bad, try to establish a society which eases the possibility for even more hurting and killing.

    -

    regarding your second point - yes, obviously you do have the right to defend yourself in times of crisis. however you said it yourself - killing only when absolutely necessary. when the chances of the intruder himself not having a gun due to limited and restricitve gun policies you do not need to think in such extremes.
    Who says it’s wrong to hurt or kill? Depends entirely on the situation, they aren’t bad by default.

    I’m not gonna wait to see if he has a gun. If someone breaks into my home I’m pointing a weapon at him and if he doesn’t back out in a few seconds I’m going for his leg. If I have reason to think he’s an immediate and legit danger I’m going for his head or heart.
    No.​

  17. #17
    Cafe Conqueror X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plenty of countries allow you to own firearms, but only a few have is as a constitutional right. That doesn’t matter though, cause most constitutions are sub-par at best and most governments are pathetic.

    Do you guys not like the idea of defending yourselves or something?
    Don't make this about defending oneself, because that's not what it's about. I live in a city that was named Canada's Murder Capital for a few years and we have one of the highest violent crime rates per capita in the country. I also live in a place where there are a lot of sketchy people constantly walking around and not once have I ever felt the need to go out and grab a gun or any form of protection for that matter. This whole "you need to defend yourself" angle is weak because it's nothing but hysteria and paranoia. The majority of people will go through their lives without ever having a violent crime happen to them and will never have the need for a gun or another weapon to protect them. Hell, my girlfriend's father is a retired cop and former peace keeper in Bosnia who suffers from PTSD and doesn't even have a gun in his house to protect them. So don't tell me we need guns for protection because that's just a line to say when someone questions why there is a need for guns at all.


    The Commander From Hell

    We The North








  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who says it’s wrong to hurt or kill? Depends entirely on the situation, they aren’t bad by default.

    I’m not gonna wait to see if he has a gun. If someone breaks into my home I’m pointing a weapon at him and if he doesn’t back out in a few seconds I’m going for his leg. If I have reason to think he’s an immediate and legit danger I’m going for his head or heart.
    hurting and killing people is always bad. there is no gray area.

    the most you can argue for is no-other-choice situations. yet that does not mean that the act of harming someone else in itself is not a bad thing.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    17,290
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't make this about defending oneself, because that's not what it's about. I live in a city that was named Canada's Murder Capital for a few years and we have one of the highest violent crime rates per capita in the country. I also live in a place where there are a lot of sketchy people constantly walking around and not once have I ever felt the need to go out and grab a gun or any form of protection for that matter. This whole "you need to defend yourself" angle is weak because it's nothing but hysteria and paranoia. The majority of people will go through their lives without ever having a violent crime happen to them and will never have the need for a gun or another weapon to protect them. Hell, my girlfriend's father is a retired cop and former peace keeper in Bosnia who suffers from PTSD and doesn't even have a gun in his house to protect them. So don't tell me we need guns for protection because that's just a line to say when someone questions why there is a need for guns at all.


    Hey, X, should people also not buy home or car insurance? I mean, statistically your home or car won’t get demolished.

  20. #20
    Cafe Conqueror X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Hey, X, should people also not buy home or car insurance? I mean, statistically your home or car won’t get demolished.
    Sure, you could easily make an argument against that as well. How many guns do you own, Kong?


    The Commander From Hell

    We The North








Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •