Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154
Results 3,061 to 3,078 of 3078
    Yeah I agree, I really liked my role for the most part and I had fun with a lot of the abilities. But yeah I think role madness isnt probably my preferred set up either. I think I honestly just enjoy the purity of scum hunting a lot.

Yeah like if I have something to say I just say it, its up to other people to decide on whether they agree or not. I thought in terms of trying to spot differences in your town play as far as your scum play goes goes there wasnt many this game, its important for you to try and be consistent with your reads when youre scum though which is something ive struggled with in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    oh yeah, before that i even told ultra to deny his "invitation" because i never said yes. but when he came back saying i'm clear. i supported it 100%

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    It's not about the lie, it's how people react to the lie. You reacted exactly how I expected a scum would react.

Ignoring my invite made you look even worse, because if I'm lying then there should be no downside to you accepting, right?
    Sure there is, I thought you were Legion who was maybe a Role Cop trying to peek at our abilities for whatever reasons and I didn't really need that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Yeah I agree, I really liked my role for the most part and I had fun with a lot of the abilities. But yeah I think role madness isnt probably my preferred set up either. I think I honestly just enjoy the purity of scum hunting a lot.

Yeah like if I have something to say I just say it, its up to other people to decide on whether they agree or not. I thought in terms of trying to spot differences in your town play as far as your scum play goes goes there wasnt many this game, its important for you to try and be consistent with your reads when youre scum though which is something ive struggled with in the past
    Exactly. And with another faction, it was a bit easier to stay convicted since I was actually scum hunting in this game, it was just late in the game where I kind of forgot shit, like TOP being the IC since he had been subbed in a couple of times already.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    suck my dick town and suck my dick Vegas boys and you too Benny
    Congratulations on the victory, but how come every time I go to work during a mafia game I come back online and see you talking shit about how I'm a bitch who must have fled the thread because I couldn't take the pressure? I had already explained that to you in the previous mafia game where you were accusing me of giving up without a fight for a phase I wasn't even around for. You could just check my latest activity and posts and see that I wasn't online. I don't use invisible mode either.

@X;

You did a good job fooling me X. You were House, the main guy I was after, but you were the only one of your faction that I did not peg. I was actually pretty convinced you were Town.

First because you targeted TOP, and even though he was scum he had the power to put you as lead lynch if he chose to retaliate so I felt that was too ballsy a move for a scum to want to go for. Second you questioned my lynch and started pushing for another target and didn't waver even after I said my goal was to kill Vegas faction. I didn't grow suspicious of you until the very end game when things were narrowed down and you were sort of throwing your vote wherever it stuck, and that's sort of difficult because it seemed nearly everyone else had something clearing them.

I had Aether, BHN, and Crispickle as my suspects for the New Vegas faction and had to choose between them, and it was actually because @Aether; played the best among them that I went with him.

BHN and Crispi were already under pressure and looking suspicious, so I felt pretty confident we'd be able to pull a lynch on one of the two the following day phase. Aether was the guy nobody else was even looking at aside from me, and that made him more appetizing since I was feeling good about that one and really wanted to score that scum kill.

since the game's over I guess I can take ink out of my ignore list now

"Dragoons! Dragoons! The King's Dragoons!"

The abilities with the town where a mess I agree on that, but role madness is what it is really and role madness games are meant to be about fun more than anything else. I know a lot of time has gone into this set up as well, so I dont really wanna shit on it either.
    I think the problem was less the abilities and moreso due to a multiball set up. In multiball you have to have a slight excess of scum and there are scenarios where both town could stomp and mafia could stomp, it's just inherently more swingy, although you may have felt the outcome was unfair since town lost with just one mislynch, also consider a scenario where you were able to kill off a scum team entirely by Day 2 (which was possible with all the killing roles town could access.)

Another reason why I think role revealing really fucked over town was that there was hardly any crossfire between scum teams. I still don't think that many of these roles were alignment indicative but it seemed like eagerness to role reveal made it easy to identify a lot of weaker town players. So both scum teams were working towards getting rid of town obstacles.

With that said I'll probably do less multiball in the future but I felt it was really appropriate for this set up
    Last edited by Ultra; 03-03-2018 at 05:38 PM.

I think youre right, and we have had games like that in the distant past where both scum factions have ended up losing two people on the first night the town has just went on to straight stomp and something similar happened like that in the boku game. The role revealing is probably a good point as well. Normally I dont really like to role reveal but a vote buffer getting switched off me onto someone else seemed important to bring up in the game, if I do play a multiball again thatd be something to keep in mind.

I guess it was frustating to have the game taken out of your hands but to still be alive to play it so to speak, like I even suspected Ink and predicted a possible godfather by him but with the amount of people left I was sort of just left hoping that the Godfather just wouldnt be in it despite the fact that the role is almost a staple for tmf games at this point

I think youre right, and we have had games like that in the distant past where both scum factions have ended up losing two people on the first night the town has just went on to straight stomp and something similar happened like that in the boku game. The role revealing is probably a good point as well. Normally I dont really like to role reveal but a vote buffer getting switched off me onto someone else seemed important to bring up in the game, if I do play a multiball again thatd be something to keep in mind.

I guess it was frustating to have the game taken out of your hands but to still be alive to play it so to speak, like I even suspected Ink and predicted a possible godfather by him but with the amount of people left I was sort of just left hoping that the Godfather just wouldnt be in it despite the fact that the role is almost a staple for tmf games at this point
    Although I suspect town might have still lost at that point, the 3 townies dying from the Lottery in a row had a 1/216 chance of happening, that was just a huge slap in the face

Thing is Ink wasn't quite a godfather, he had a disguise role, which could have fucked him if he targeted anyone who scanned guilty (between the other team and the miller). In addition Avalon's cop role could punish those who scanned innocent but weren't NCR, a mechanic which we didn't get to see in play (again, because Ava role revealed, he was being yanked around)

There were basically a lot of town abilities in play that just weren't properly utilized. In fact almost everyone in this game had the potential to fuck over scum, which is why each team felt like they were walking on eggshells even as town was losing.

I like making roles that depend on the skill of the player using them, but seeing this outcome, I might make them a little easier or less complicated in the future.

@Ultra; We gonna get like a retrospect thread with ratings and what not or has this become that?
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    Although I suspect town might have still lost at that point, the 3 townies dying from the Lottery in a row had a 1/216 chance of happening, that was just a huge slap in the face

Thing is Ink wasn't quite a godfather, he had a disguise role, which could have fucked him if he targeted anyone who scanned guilty (between the other team and the miller). In addition Avalon's cop role could punish those who scanned innocent but weren't NCR, a mechanic which we didn't get to see in play (again, because Ava role revealed, he was being yanked around)

There were basically a lot of town abilities in play that just weren't properly utilized. In fact almost everyone in this game had the potential to fuck over scum, which is why each team felt like they were walking on eggshells even as town was losing.

I like making roles that depend on the skill of the player using them, but seeing this outcome, I might make them a little easier or less complicated in the future.
    When you actually do the math on it, the fucking salt

Either way good game, I had fun playing this

I can’t be blamed for towns lossing.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    Congratulations on the victory, but how come every time I go to work during a mafia game I come back online and see you talking shit about how I'm a bitch who must have fled the thread because I couldn't take the pressure? I had already explained that to you in the previous mafia game where you were accusing me of giving up without a fight for a phase I wasn't even around for. You could just check my latest activity and posts and see that I wasn't online. I don't use invisible mode either.
    thanks. oh yeah, you made it clear last time, i did it just for a quick reason to lynch you. i believe you man

Funny thing is Ava called out Katyusha for being a terrible player who saved me from Ava's kill by roleblocking his investigation.

The sad part is I had godfather type role that scanned me innocent so Katyusha actually screwed me by role blocking the cop. If Ava wasn't role blocked he could have cleared me and the wagon on myself wouldn't have gained that sort of traction, and then I would have looking like a cleared town with a skillset that could have potentially seen me through to endgame.

It's like the one time Ava sends something beneficial my way the universe realizes something is misaligned and cockblocks it.

Funny thing is Ava called out Katyusha for being a terrible player who saved me from Ava's kill by roleblocking his investigation.

The sad part is I had godfather type role that scanned me innocent so Katyusha actually screwed me by role blocking the cop. If Ava wasn't role blocked he could have cleared me and the wagon on myself wouldn't have gained that sort of traction, and then I would have looking like a cleared town with a skillset that could have potentially seen me through to endgame.

It's like the one time Ava sends something beneficial my way the universe realizes something is misaligned and cockblocks it.
    Read the rest of Avalon's role sheet, it may not have worked out in your favor

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    Read the rest of Avalon's role sheet, it may not have worked out in your favor
    I did see that. Though he scanned Ink and that didn't seem to go anywhere, so would Ava have tried to screw me if he saw I came back innocent? I guess not impossible he'd try to pull something like that on me, but I figured he was saving it for when he caught a scum.

Though it seems odd you would give me a scan innocent ability if you were just going to hand the cop the ability to screw me over regardless.
    Last edited by Great Potato; 03-04-2018 at 01:22 AM.

I did see that. Though he scanned Ink and that didn't seem to go anywhere, so would Ava have tried to screw me if he saw I came back innocent? I guess not impossible he'd try to pull something like that on me, but I figured he was saving it for when he caught a scum.

Though it seems odd you would give me a scan innocent ability if you were just going to hand the cop the ability to screw me over regardless.
    The reason is Ink disguised himself as a character that both scanned innocent and was an NCR member

His ability to screw you over is pretty circumstantial, but had events gone that way it would have been quite interesting to see

If you came back innocent then I would tell everyone in the thread that you're innocent and try to save you. You may think that I always try to kill you any chance I get, but that simply isn't true, you just happen to be on a different faction from me everytime I screw you over. I would never do anything to you if I know you're also on the same team as me.

My plan was to only use my killing powers once I got a guilty result on someone.