Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Create your Kingdom 6 - signup thread

I wanna have another of these rolling, and this time i'll host and write corners for every match. Promise.

Minor details about the rules might be subjected to change, but the gist of it is:
    _ the bidding phase will be divided into open and silent.
    _ a core of elites are included with the commander free of charge
    _ an extra batch will follow the bidding phases for direct purchases
    _ battles will follow the usual script, if not anything simpler on the strat side
    _ voting in battle matches will be compulsory for all non-fighting players
    _ voting in battle matches will require a motivation of a few lines

New player? Here's a quick rundown

CyK is a game that involves two phases:

_ army creation. The host will release a batch of 5-6 commanders per day. You bid for them with the currency you're given at start, and the one who bids the highest gets the commander. 20 hours of the day are dedicated to open bids, so you do the bids directly in the thread, while in the last hours of the day the thread will stop accepting bids and you'll have to make your final bid in a private message to the host.

_ battles tournament. You and the other players duke it out in battle matches. You're given a map and a few days to think about a strat, to write and submit to the host. Once the host has both strats, they'll be released in the match thread and the battle will start. People vote whoever they think will win the battle, and who gets the most votes wins.

_ check this thread for a more detailed explanation.

Roster will look like this, tell me if you have someone you'd rather add or remove:
    Riboku
    Houken
    Gokei
    Gohoumei
    Reiou
    Earl Shi
    Gaimou
    Renpa
    Ouki
    Duke Hyou
    Shouheikun
    Moubu
    Mougou
    Choutou
    Tou
    Yotanwa
    Shunshinkun
    Kanmei
    Gekishin
    Ordo
    Seikai

Keisha
    Chousou
    Fuuki
    Rihaku
    Mangoku
    Shoumou
    Kousonryuu
    Gakuei
    Kinmou
    Kisui
    Ryuutou
    Batei
    Gyou'un
    Chuganryou
    Bananji
    Shuusuiju
    Junsou
    Kyuugen
    Hakukisai
    Kyouen
    Genbou
    Rinko
    Kaishibou
    Ranbihaku
    Ousen
    Kanki
    Domon
    Rokuomi
    Ryuukoku
    Rinbou
    Kanou
    Heki
    Makou
    Akou
    Karin
    Rinbukun

Kaine
    Futei
    Shin
    Ouhon
    Mouten
    Ten
    Kyoukai
    Raido
    Zenou
    Kokuou
    Maron
    Kanjou
    Bajio
    Hakurei
    Kouyoku

EXTRAS

Gika
    Shinseijou
    Shibashou
    Doukin
    Kou Rigen
    Sosui
    En
    Seikyou
    Shoubunkun
    Hyoushiga
    Mouki
    Tajifu
    Shunmen
    Muta
    Yuuren
    Kaioku

Playing
    _ alias
    _ juan
    _ tenma
    _ duke
    _ xin
    _ tokio
    _ void
    _ felix
    _ drexel
    _ nord
    _ heart
    Last edited by Crispickle; 03-09-2018 at 07:28 AM.

can we get my debate format idea and battle matches idea in here? only way I can play tbh
    All Hail Aldo Jones

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    can we get my debate format idea and battle matches idea in here? only way I can play tbh
    explainu

define "battles will follow the usual script, if not anything simpler on the strat side"

we always switch around every CYK that i don't know what usual is lol

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    define "battles will follow the usual script, if not anything simpler on the strat side"

we always switch around every CYK that i don't know what usual is lol
    players are given the map, have 2 days to come up with a strat and, once that both submit it, the battle begins. There'll be a corner to make voting easier, and then the actual votes.

@Crispickle;

Why are you rushing? It hasn't been three weeks yet.

The roster looks massive for the amount of people I expect to show up, but I really can't analyse it right now, at least not until the weekend.

Are we going to implement the things we talked about? I cannot remember all of them right now, but I know one of them was limiting cavalry in comparison to infantry. In other words, you can't have an army of 100k cavalry and no infantry. Special units or elites would be excluded from these limitations. It can be any amount that we reach a consensus upon, whether it's 20, 50 or 80%.

cavalry/infantry distinction isn't happening

Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    explainu
    this

Matches (planning):

As for the matches themselves, tournament style is going to be thrown out for a "free for all" style: for a period of time (like a month or so), players can challenge whoever they want, whenever they want. Winning a match gets you 100 points, voting in a match gets you 25 points. Winner of the whole tournament is the person who has the most points at the end of the time period (you have to have a minimum amount of matches participated in and won of course, so you can't vote your way to victory). This will remedy the players who go inactive for their matches because of irl stuff, so when you challenge someone, you two can work out your own match schedules and such to fit. You can't challenge the same person more than x amount of times though, cuz I don't want the two most active players making up the whole game. I'll negotiate a reward with the staff to get you guys incentive to get moving if need be.

Matches (debate):

I want to implement a strict format for how matches will be debated to make them cleaner and easier. When I post the strats, I will mention the two players. The first phase is having each of the two players make an opening statement on why their team/strat wins the match, with no debating or quoting of the other player's post. Just a post of how the battle unfolds in their favor in their opinion. Second phase is having each player offering a single post of rebuttal to the other player's opening post, to correct them and such but no debating about each other's rebuttals. Third phase is when the crowd gives their opinions on these posts/matches and the players try to convince them to vote for them, players can also debate each other here but not before the crowd gives their two cents. I'll step in if things get too out of hand.

Thoughts?
    cavalry/infantry distinction isn't happening
    oh boy, watch people not vote as both players argue over speed at their own convenience
    All Hail Aldo Jones

Eh, i don't think i can play.

Although i guess you can let me handle silent bid @Crispickle; so that host can actually play auction without gimping themselves. I'll probably vote the matches if it isn't too much work either

this
    ok, i like the general idea.

might adapt a slightly different structure - like the fact of having a final elimination phase among the ones with the most points, from the top of my head - but i like the "invitational" part of it.

was thinking of letting match threads flow as naturally as possible though, especially since there's gonna be corners it shouldn't make it too chaotic for people to vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    Eh, i don't think i can play.

Although i guess you can let me handle silent bid @Crispickle; so that host can actually play auction without gimping themselves. I'll probably vote the matches if it isn't too much work either
    i'm not gonna be playing either way, so i can handle all the hosting just fine.

any fixable reason for you not to join, or are you just too busy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    @Crispickle;

Why are you rushing? It hasn't been three weeks yet.

The roster looks massive for the amount of people I expect to show up, but I really can't analyse it right now, at least not until the weekend.

Are we going to implement the things we talked about? I cannot remember all of them right now, but I know one of them was limiting cavalry in comparison to infantry. In other words, you can't have an army of 100k cavalry and no infantry. Special units or elites would be excluded from these limitations. It can be any amount that we reach a consensus upon, whether it's 20, 50 or 80%.
    the roster and the initial budget will be cut or increased depending on how many players we get

It's been a while I've not played in one of these things. If it begins after the Mafia game Ultra is hosting now I'll be in !

Quote Originally Posted by Aliasniamor View Post
    It's been a while I've not played in one of these things. If it begins after the Mafia game Ultra is hosting now I'll be in !
    yeah sure, there's still a lot to do

i wanted to host it with brand new maps so it'll take me a few days just for that

yeah sure, there's still a lot to do

i wanted to host it with brand new maps so it'll take me a few days just for that
    Good then. What maps are you considering to make ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliasniamor View Post
    Good then. What maps are you considering to make ?
    was considering making larger stages, as well with a general refresh of the generic mid-sized ones.

if i can pull out 10-15 maps i'm happy

i'm not gonna be playing either way, so i can handle all the hosting just fine.

any fixable reason for you not to join, or are you just too busy?
    my schedule is a bit messed up.. free today and might go busy suddenly tomorrow. would be a pain to commit long time commitment with this game most likely.

It would probably be much better if I go as a spare player instead in case someone went MIA because of real life/etc. I'll try to vote as much as i can though
    Last edited by gn_x00; 02-22-2018 at 02:03 PM.

ok, i like the general idea.

might adapt a slightly different structure - like the fact of having a final elimination phase among the ones with the most points, from the top of my head - but i like the "invitational" part of it.

was thinking of letting match threads flow as naturally as possible though, especially since there's gonna be corners it shouldn't make it too chaotic for people to vote.
    I don't mind if you want to implement a finals match between the two with the most points, it'd make sense
    All Hail Aldo Jones

we doing this or what?
    All Hail Aldo Jones

we doing this or what?
    Damn right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post