Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1

    G2/G3 Luffy vs Doflamingo

    Base Doffy vs current Luffy with G4 restricted. Who takes it?
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

  2. #2
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,231
    Luffy wins handily.

    Hes significantly faster and more reactive/evasive then he was during the DR arc to the extent that not even katakuri can take him lightly anymore.

    This spells bad news for a much weaker person in doflamingo. Even during the dressrosa arc, g2 was more than capable of landing hits on him and evading awakening attacks, so in his current state, he'll be tagging doflamingo at leisure and evading every single attack thrown his way

    It might take a little while for doflamingo to go down, but this is going to be completely one sided from start to finish, so I cant see it going above mid mid diff






    Not everyone dies because they want to die.

    Most of them die against their will

  3. #3
    Doflamingo still took several G4 attacks and Luffy just doesn't have that kind of power without....well, G4. G3 doesn't seem to be any more useful now than it was then so while Luffy will certainly be harder to hit (unless Parasite is used) eventually he'll go down.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

  4. #4
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doflamingo still took several G4 attacks and Luffy just doesn't have that kind of power without....well, G4. G3 doesn't seem to be any more useful now than it was then so while Luffy will certainly be harder to hit (unless Parasite is used) eventually he'll go down.
    No offense, but that sounds like a colossal understatement.

    We saw how katakuri attacking with his own elongated limbs and peerless donuts simultaneously was having to put in work to land hits, so what hope does someone much weaker like doflamingo have if he couldn't even tag luffy every time BEFORE the events of the WCI arc took place?

    I know we don't agree with each other about how powerful parasite is, but even if we were to be a lot more generous then we should be and assume its CLOSE to mochi attacks in speed, luffys COO will enable him to handle that just fine, and chances are he'll either be on the offensive or zipping around with such speed that doflamingo doesn't even get the opportunity to counter attack.

    As for dealing damage, DR g2 could do that well enough. Doflamingo wasn't having hawk gatling at all, and eagle bazooka put a bothered look on his face, so current luffy should eventually be able to get the win. Hes just endured a beating for over half a day and STILL been in fighting condition by the end of it, so if hes not even going to get hit ONCE then he should EASILY be able to keep the attacks coming for as long as he needs to be able to.
    Last edited by ReXDrake; 02-21-2018 at 09:41 AM.






    Not everyone dies because they want to die.

    Most of them die against their will

  5. #5
    The Special One Aether's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    6,277
    Luffy might give him high diff at best.
    Last edited by Aether; 02-22-2018 at 03:20 AM.


  6. #6
    Doffy should still win if Luffy can’t use G4. He may be able to fight on more equal grounds with him without using G4 but that won’t be enough to win. Especially if Doffy uses his awakening.


  7. #7
    Skeptik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,842
    Hard to say. Current Luffy doesn't need g4 to keep an advantage anymore(base Luffy can fight on par with doffy now imo). But I think he does need it to put doffy down. Which will be significantly easier now.
    You're all...so small

  8. #8
    Cafe Conqueror X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,570
    Luffy NEEDED G4 to defeat Dolfo and I don't think his base stats have increased that much in order to allow him to win without G4.


    The Commander From Hell

    We The North








  9. #9
    Luffy got better CoO in this arc, he'd give base Dofla way more trouble. But if we really take into account Parasite, Black Knight, flight and other non-Awakening stuff, Luffy still loses badly.

  10. #10
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    16,830
    I simply don’t believe that G2/G3 Luffy can fully match Awakened Doffy just yet, so he loses high-diff.

  11. #11
    Tremendous Power Huo Yuhao's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    38,643
    Quote Originally Posted by FerreiraDaSilva View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luffy got better CoO in this arc, he'd give base Dofla way more trouble. But if we really take into account Parasite, Black Knight, flight and other non-Awakening stuff, Luffy still loses badly.
    parasite would be completely ineffective against Luffy after he awakened level 2 CoO.

    and I honestly do think base Doffy might lose here. Luffy has been putting up with Katakuri’s assasult for hours so Base Doffy shouldn’t be capable of putting Luffy down with his basic attacks (which probably wouldn’t land anyways, Doffy will need huge AoE attack to manage this).

    that’s how broken level 2 CoO should be, complemented with G2’s speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I simply don’t believe that G2/G3 Luffy can fully match Awakened Doffy just yet, so he loses high-diff.
    this is Base Doffy.





  12. #12
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I simply don’t believe that G2/G3 Luffy can fully match Awakened Doffy just yet, so he loses high-diff.
    Remember, even DR g2 luffy was capable of avoiding doflamingos attacks including breakwhite, so how is he going to get hit at all now that hes significantly faster and more perceptive than he was back then






    Not everyone dies because they want to die.

    Most of them die against their will

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember, even DR g2 luffy was capable of avoiding doflamingos attacks including breakwhite, so how is he going to get hit at all now that hes significantly faster and more perceptive than he was back then
    You're fucking stupid. G2 was getting it's ass kicked multiple times with base attacks.


  14. #14
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    16,830
    Oh, so it’s just Base Doffy. Then Luffy wins.


  15. #15
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're fucking stupid. G2 was getting it's ass kicked multiple times with base attacks.
    did I deny that you fucking cunt?






    Not everyone dies because they want to die.

    Most of them die against their will

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No offense, but that sounds like a colossal understatement.

    We saw how katakuri attacking with his own elongated limbs and peerless donuts simultaneously was having to put in work to land hits, so what hope does someone much weaker like doflamingo have if he couldn't even tag luffy every time BEFORE the events of the WCI arc took place?

    I know we don't agree with each other about how powerful parasite is, but even if we were to be a lot more generous then we should be and assume its CLOSE to mochi attacks in speed, luffys COO will enable him to handle that just fine, and chances are he'll either be on the offensive or zipping around with such speed that doflamingo doesn't even get the opportunity to counter attack.

    As for dealing damage, DR g2 could do that well enough. Doflamingo wasn't having hawk gatling at all, and eagle bazooka put a bothered look on his face, so current luffy should eventually be able to get the win. Hes just endured a beating for over half a day and STILL been in fighting condition by the end of it, so if hes not even going to get hit ONCE then he should EASILY be able to keep the attacks coming for as long as he needs to be able to.
    It's not like Luffy has been dodging every attack. He's been dodging some and being hit by others. And Doflamingo was having an artificially tough time with Luffy----don't forget all of the abilities and techniques that he negated to use against him for reasons. Dude could comfortably take out both Law as well as Luffy and that was highlighted and shown over and over again. And again, Luffy's Observation is better but it isn't perfected yet. Plus, Doflamingo could control hundreds of people with Parasite. Don't think it's that easy to "dodge" or whatever. We'll never know because Oda pretended it didn't exist until the last minute but hey.

    As for damage, you know as well as I that G2 isn't going to do a single thing to Doflamingo. Let us not forget how he took a full on unguarded Red Hawk to the gut and it nearly knocked him on his posterioer end. The same Red Hawk (weakened by being in water) sent Monster Hody flying like a rocket into Noah. Meanwhile, a single Kong Gun through Doflamingo's double hardened arm guard sent him halfway across the city in an instant and the Stringman took several more Boundman G4 hits.

    Without G4, Luffy does NOT have the firepower to take Doflamingo down. Period. The only point worth mentioning, I think, is length of time. Because now Luffy can fight for 11 hours straight and be beaten up practically the entire length of it and still keep going. So Luffy is only winning this by tuckering Doflamingo out which, according to recent happenings, might be a possibility.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

  17. #17
    The Special One Aether's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    6,277
    ok didnt see the "base" doffy. Luffy wins high diff then I guess then


  18. #18
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not like Luffy has been dodging every attack. He's been dodging some and being hit by others. And Doflamingo was having an artificially tough time with Luffy----don't forget all of the abilities and techniques that he negated to use against him for reasons. Dude could comfortably take out both Law as well as Luffy and that was highlighted and shown over and over again. And again, Luffy's Observation is better but it isn't perfected yet. Plus, Doflamingo could control hundreds of people with Parasite. Don't think it's that easy to "dodge" or whatever. We'll never know because Oda pretended it didn't exist until the last minute but hey.

    As for damage, you know as well as I that G2 isn't going to do a single thing to Doflamingo. Let us not forget how he took a full on unguarded Red Hawk to the gut and it nearly knocked him on his posterioer end. The same Red Hawk (weakened by being in water) sent Monster Hody flying like a rocket into Noah. Meanwhile, a single Kong Gun through Doflamingo's double hardened arm guard sent him halfway across the city in an instant and the Stringman took several more Boundman G4 hits.

    Without G4, Luffy does NOT have the firepower to take Doflamingo down. Period. The only point worth mentioning, I think, is length of time. Because now Luffy can fight for 11 hours straight and be beaten up practically the entire length of it and still keep going. So Luffy is only winning this by tuckering Doflamingo out which, according to recent happenings, might be a possibility.
    True, katakuri has still been getting some blows in, but when you consider just how massive the speed differential between him and doflamingo is, the fact that luffy has been able to evade and block him at all is reason enough to think that he could feasibly avoid every attack doflamingo throws his way, and that includes parasite.

    g2 was no less than a mid diff opponent for non awakened doflamingo. Sure, doflamingo could have used more of his arsenal against him, but to the same extent luffy never used g2 and g3 in conjunction with each other, nor any red hawks or hawk stamps. Also, doflamingo never dealt with luffy and law at the same time by himself at any point in the fight and this is very telling. He always had some means of keeping one of the two occupied while he faced off against the other, and there is no way a fresh law would have gone down with anything less than high mid diff.

    You really think doflamingo will be able to just take blow after blow from g2 for an indefinite period of time? The damage is going to pile up, and luffy has shown that he can continue dishing it out for 11 hours straight while injured.






    Not everyone dies because they want to die.

    Most of them die against their will

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True, katakuri has still been getting some blows in, but when you consider just how massive the speed differential between him and doflamingo is, the fact that luffy has been able to evade and block him at all is reason enough to think that he could feasibly avoid every attack doflamingo throws his way, and that includes parasite.
    I mean, Katakuri had that same massive speed differential against Luffy, right? Honestly, I have no idea how the speed stacks up. With Obervation Katakuri was, in the beginning, dodging Luffy easily but without it? He got a full course of G4 service. Then, once his Observation kicked back in he was back to avoiding G4. Later in the fight, Luffy has been able to get a hit in or two and dodge OK. His Observation is better but still not on Katakuri's level. So just because Katakuri can do X, doesn't mean Luffy can as well. At least not yet. Wait another week or two.

    Besides, consistently avoiding attacks is the most important. Doflamingo was mostly outstripped by G4's speed but he was able to react to at least one G4 attack without Awakening. Again, it's not Luffy's speed that really matters here. It's his Observation.
    g2 was no less than a mid diff opponent for non awakened doflamingo. Sure, doflamingo could have used more of his arsenal against him, but to the same extent luffy never used g2 and g3 in conjunction with each other, nor any red hawks or hawk stamps. Also, doflamingo never dealt with luffy and law at the same time by himself at any point in the fight and this is very telling. He always had some means of keeping one of the two occupied while he faced off against the other, and there is no way a fresh law would have gone down with anything less than high mid diff.
    I didn't mean he could take both of them out at the same time with no issue so excuse my wording. As for mid diff....I mean, sure. He was a mid diff opponent for a Doflamingo who refused to use Parasite or double team with Dark Knight. And a fresh Law was shown as someone who couldn't beat Doflamingo nor get him to even push himself. Doflamingo clearly dominated both Law and Luffy in their fights until G4 showed up. I mean, what argument is there for an unrestricted Base Doflamingo not being able to treat Luffy like he did Sanji?
    You really think doflamingo will be able to just take blow after blow from g2 for an indefinite period of time? The damage is going to pile up, and luffy has shown that he can continue dishing it out for 11 hours straight while injured.
    Um, Luffy hasn't been the one dishing things out for 11 straight hours. He's mostly been the guy getting his stuff dished in, if you know what I mean. And I mean, how many G2 hits do you think matches up to G4? I already gave a pretty clear example of the enormous differential with Red Hawk and Kong Gun. And Doflamingo is known for his ability to take stupid amounts of punishment. With how Doflamingo was handling G2/G3 Luffy, what makes you so sure that Luffy has grown so much that now he's going to be dodging everything and laying into Doflamingo with such impunity? And it's also not like G2 was ever that much faster than Doflamingo anyway. He has taken care of G2 speed before generally fine and physically, he showed himself to just be better than Luffy. If I'm misunderstanding your argument though, please let me know. As of right now, Luffy has an increase in Observation skill and can take a lot of punishment. I don't think that's going to suddenly push him from being a mid diff fight for a restricted Doflamingo to suddenly beating him.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

  20. #20
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean, Katakuri had that same massive speed differential against Luffy, right? Honestly, I have no idea how the speed stacks up. With Obervation Katakuri was, in the beginning, dodging Luffy easily but without it? He got a full course of G4 service. Then, once his Observation kicked back in he was back to avoiding G4. Later in the fight, Luffy has been able to get a hit in or two and dodge OK. His Observation is better but still not on Katakuri's level. So just because Katakuri can do X, doesn't mean Luffy can as well. At least not yet. Wait another week or two.

    Besides, consistently avoiding attacks is the most important. Doflamingo was mostly outstripped by G4's speed but he was able to react to at least one G4 attack without Awakening. Again, it's not Luffy's speed that really matters here. It's his Observation.


    I didn't mean he could take both of them out at the same time with no issue so excuse my wording. As for mid diff....I mean, sure. He was a mid diff opponent for a Doflamingo who refused to use Parasite or double team with Dark Knight. And a fresh Law was shown as someone who couldn't beat Doflamingo nor get him to even push himself. Doflamingo clearly dominated both Law and Luffy in their fights until G4 showed up. I mean, what argument is there for an unrestricted Base Doflamingo not being able to treat Luffy like he did Sanji?


    Um, Luffy hasn't been the one dishing things out for 11 straight hours. He's mostly been the guy getting his stuff dished in, if you know what I mean. And I mean, how many G2 hits do you think matches up to G4? I already gave a pretty clear example of the enormous differential with Red Hawk and Kong Gun. And Doflamingo is known for his ability to take stupid amounts of punishment. With how Doflamingo was handling G2/G3 Luffy, what makes you so sure that Luffy has grown so much that now he's going to be dodging everything and laying into Doflamingo with such impunity? And it's also not like G2 was ever that much faster than Doflamingo anyway. He has taken care of G2 speed before generally fine and physically, he showed himself to just be better than Luffy. If I'm misunderstanding your argument though, please let me know. As of right now, Luffy has an increase in Observation skill and can take a lot of punishment. I don't think that's going to suddenly push him from being a mid diff fight for a restricted Doflamingo to suddenly beating him.
    He did when their fight began, but I think its fair to say that the majority of that gap has now been bridged. Once again, its the fact that hes been able to land hits on katakuri at all that's important.

    I don't want to say too much more about the DR fights, but I reject the idea that doflamingo could have had an easier time than he did. Parasite aside, black knight was taken care of by g2 like nothing, and doflamingo withholding those attacks is balanced out by luffy not using gear stacking and his hawk moves. I don't think the gap between doflamingo and law is as big as youre making it out to be. Law was gravely injured by the time he was able to get a proper shot at doflamingo, and we know that the more depleted he is the less effectively he can use the ope ope. Despite that, he still managed to block overheat, a few uses of 5cs and land a hit or two.

    Taking attacks is going to deplete your energy reserves a ton more than delivering them, so if luffy can do that for 11 straight hours then being on the offensive for the same amount of time shouldn't be a stretch for him.

    COO is an important tool, but your speed still needs to meet a certain threshold for you to land and evade hits. Doflamingo wouldn't put a single scratch on katakuri, so the fact that luffy has done a hell of a lot better than that puts him well above the birdman in speed. Don't forget that luffy was evading and hitting doflamingo BEFORE he made all of his recent gains as well






    Not everyone dies because they want to die.

    Most of them die against their will

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •