Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: God of War!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskodeh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly not too much of a fan of the The Last of Us-esque combat system, but I'll probably get it anyway cus I'm loyal to the series
    i'm gonna miss the chains

I'm actually pretty excited. God of War III's story left a horrible taste in my mouth with how the story was handled and Kratos was just turned into a raving lunatic murderer beyond any semblance of sense and the games after were just cash grabs. This game looks like it'll actually have a focused story with a Kratos that has developed as a character so yeah, bring it on.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

I'm not a magician, babe Wiskodeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    i'm gonna miss the chains
    Forgot we had axes and shit now

Forgot we had axes and shit now

his axe actually looks great, going barefisted while it's stuck in your enemies. parries sending people flying

he doesn't spend a minute opening chests, also Atreos >>>>>>>>>> Ellie

the weapon upgrading is expected, but changing armor?

Playing God of War 3 to hype myself up for this

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Playing God of War 3 to hype myself up for this

My first introduction to the franchise was GoW 2 several years ago. I didn’t know anything about the game and after first 5 mins thought Kratos was the main villain. How wrong was I.

I still haven’t got a PS4 as I haven’t had much chance to play any games lately. But I’ll be buying soon as I don’t want to miss out on Gow and UC4.

his axe actually looks great, going barefisted while it's stuck in your enemies. parries sending people flying

he doesn't spend a minute opening chests, also Atreos >>>>>>>>>> Ellie

the weapon upgrading is expected, but changing armor?
    Actually looks like a pretty entertaining dynamic

Love the fact that Atreos can actually help you in fights
    The changeable armor really hammers home how much they wanna do things differently from the previous games

Actually looks like a pretty entertaining dynamic

Love the fact that Atreos can actually help you in fights
    The changeable armor really hammers home how much they wanna do things differently from the previous games
    yeah, idk why they would want that, but if it adds more to the game i don't mind. i mean kratos was always equipped with the best shit he looted from his enemies. the monster journal and the runelore that Atreus learns throughout the game is appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luffee View Post
    My first introduction to the franchise was GoW 2 several years ago. I didn’t know anything about the game and after first 5 mins thought Kratos was the main villain. How wrong was I.

I still haven’t got a PS4 as I haven’t had much chance to play any games lately. But I’ll be buying soon as I don’t want to miss out on Gow and UC4.
    i'm sure GoW4 will live up to the hype, but i can assure that UC4 was great, if you enjoyed the previous UC titles you're gonna like this one, and the single player dlc with Chloe is almost as good. a friend of mine thought it was better, but it's very similar with new settings and story

yeah, idk why they would want that, but if it adds more to the game i don't mind. i mean kratos was always equipped with the best shit he looted from his enemies. the monster journal and the runelore that Atreus learns throughout the game is appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

i'm sure GoW4 will live up to the hype, but i can assure that UC4 was great, if you enjoyed the previous UC titles you're gonna like this one, and the single player dlc with Chloe is almost as good. a friend of mine thought it was better, but it's very similar with new settings and story
    I mean I could get behind it I suppose, but the formula they had already established was GOAT in its own right. Whatever though, I'm pretty happy with the direction they're taking the story, Norse mythology is like top 5 in entertainment value I can just feel Thor being the first boss

I mean I could get behind it I suppose, but the formula they had already established was GOAT in its own right. Whatever though, I'm pretty happy with the direction they're taking the story, Norse mythology is like top 5 in entertainment value I can just feel Thor being the first boss
    it was GOAT, but if this game is longer than the others i'd say it's worth. of course the length has to have the same quality as previous games.

it is, but there's no way Thor is the first boss man. expect some famous mytholigical beasts or something. remember we didn't get to fight anyone but Ares and Zeus of the gods until the third game. Thor is most likely gonna get the Hades special treatment or maybe we get multiple fights with both him and Loki?

i wonder if Kratos is allowed to enter Vallhalla now that he has a son to take care of? sending him to the underworld was no issue when he was alone

I can see Kratos dying at the end of this game, and the kid takes over as protagonist if they make future games.

And if anyone's taking Kratos down, it's Thor

I can see Kratos dying at the end of this game, and the kid takes over as protagonist if they make future games.

And if anyone's taking Kratos down, it's Thor

Kratos always returns, and the only way he'll die for good is if his quest is over. it was previously revenge, and now it's raising his son. now way is he being replaced after 1 game. Norse Mythology is pretty huge not as big as Greek, but they won't cover it all in one game

you must not have finished GoW3 if you believe Thor can stop my man Kratos

Kratos always returns, and the only way he'll die for good is if his quest is over. it was previously revenge, and now it's raising his son. now way is he being replaced after 1 game. Norse Mythology is pretty huge not as big as Greek, but they won't cover it all in one game

you must not have finished GoW3 if you believe Thor can stop my man Kratos
    I suppose it's a bit of a running gag that Kratos keeps getting sent to Hell and gets out every time

Not yet, just beat Hades in fact.

it was GOAT, but if this game is longer than the others i'd say it's worth. of course the length has to have the same quality as previous games.

it is, but there's no way Thor is the first boss man. expect some famous mytholigical beasts or something. remember we didn't get to fight anyone but Ares and Zeus of the gods until the third game. Thor is most likely gonna get the Hades special treatment or maybe we get multiple fights with both him and Loki?

i wonder if Kratos is allowed to enter Vallhalla now that he has a son to take care of? sending him to the underworld was no issue when he was alone
    yeah, I guess it works out if they if they improve the other aspects of it overall, while making it pretty lengthy

I dunno man, the Thor statues have me suspicious, then there's the fact that apparently the Wolrd Serpent wants to help him out, maybe in exchange for killing Thor since they've always had some sort of a rivalry. But at the same time, he's a pretty high level god, so putting him before other weaker ones would probably feel underwhelming

I think if anything it would probably make him more qualified as he's passing on the next line of warriors along with the fact he killed the major deities of an entire pantheon

also wonder how powerful Atreos is gonna become he's already learning nordic tunes and everything
    I actually feel like Odin and Kratos are/would hit it off pretty well until Kratos starts murdering them

I suppose it's a bit of a running gag that Kratos keeps getting sent to Hell and gets out every time

Not yet, just beat Hades in fact.
    I think Ascension and the first psp game that he's never sent to the underworld

You did? I kinda felt bad for Hades, but it was an awesome boss fight

yeah, I guess it works out if they if they improve the other aspects of it overall, while making it pretty lengthy

I dunno man, the Thor statues have me suspicious, then there's the fact that apparently the Wolrd Serpent wants to help him out, maybe in exchange for killing Thor since they've always had some sort of a rivalry. But at the same time, he's a pretty high level god, so putting him before other weaker ones would probably feel underwhelming

I think if anything it would probably make him more qualified as he's passing on the next line of warriors along with the fact he killed the major deities of an entire pantheon

also wonder how powerful Atreos is gonna become he's already learning nordic tunes and everything
    I actually feel like Odin and Kratos are/would hit it off pretty well until Kratos starts murdering them
    I mean we did get Ares in the first game so it's not impossible, but Thor is the most famous one next to Loki and Odin. We got nine realms, there's plenty to kill. And I'm sure Kratos is gonna kill Jörmungandr, but let's hope he makes more lasting allies in this game

I mean we did get Ares in the first game so it's not impossible, but Thor is the most famous one next to Loki and Odin. We got nine realms, there's plenty to kill. And I'm sure Kratos is gonna kill Jörmungandr, but let's hope he makes more lasting allies in this game
    I can feel another Gaea coming on with the WS

I can feel another Gaea coming on with the WS
    Mama G

Can't wait to fight Jor tho

I really like that the trolls and Jor sounds foreign to Kratos

Mama G

Can't wait to fight Jor tho

I really like that the trolls and Jor sounds foreign to Kratos
    Yeah, then we have the jötunn, Fenrir, Hela, Tyr, Heimdall and Valkyries to look forward to

Maybe Kratos will help to bring about Ragnarok
    Last edited by Wiskodeh; 03-22-2018 at 08:36 PM.