Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: God of War!

baste Hunterchad/Jobro Wi S. Kennedeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Game Master View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes... as previously mentioned in the review. Both optional areas were not designed well imho.

Honestly Muspelheim was cool until you realize you have to go through the whole thing again just to unlock the "true" feature or event of that area. It felt like literally an arena from DmC, which totally ruins the mood of the game...

Niflheim was the worst... It's a freaking randomized dungeon. It turned into a dungeon crawler all of a sudden. And then you have FARM... Freaking FARM mist in order to obtain what's ACTUALLY there to be obtained in the realm.

My favorite Valkyrie fight however was the one in Niflheim. It just presented a much harder challenge than the previous ones. Especially if you meet her without the full armor set that resists the curse.

Other than those 2 areas... I pretty much enjoyed every area.

- - - Updated - - -

What did you get spoiled on ?
    Pretty sure I know who The Stranger is

Yes... as previously mentioned in the review. Both optional areas were not designed well imho.

Honestly Muspelheim was cool until you realize you have to go through the whole thing again just to unlock the "true" feature or event of that area. It felt like literally an arena from DmC, which totally ruins the mood of the game...

Niflheim was the worst... It's a freaking randomized dungeon. It turned into a dungeon crawler all of a sudden. And then you have FARM... Freaking FARM mist in order to obtain what's ACTUALLY there to be obtained in the realm.

but that's exactly what they are lol

thing is, both of those areas are something previous gow games were doing with much less focus. almost every gow game has challenge arenas, which is what both of those areas are supposed to serve as here.

but instead of adding an arena mode in the menu. where you enter a familiar area with specific challenges. they designed 2 realms while adding more to the lore and character interaction. they were intentionally made like that to make optional end game arenas more fun instead of the usual

Pick Challenge 1

Pick Challenge 2

etc.

i'd feel the same way if they were supposed to be story specific chapters, but i take that over this

which wasn't bad, but underwhelming to go back to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    The valkyrie in Nilfheim was easy, but the area itself is super annoying. Fuck that farming shit.

Muspelheim valkyrie in the other hand... Took me like 10 times but I managed to defeat her. Think I only got the one in the elf land until Sigrun.
    you can sell that nifleheim upgrade shit. there was no way i was gonna farm 40k to unlock everything. it does become much easier, but what i did was sell those upgrade items you find in those chest that lets you craft the armor. they go for 500,1000 and 2500 echoes. but only the shit you find in Niflheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskodeh View Post
    Pretty sure I know who The Stranger is
    I am the one who is confused right now actually... put it in spoiler tags and tell me who you think this character is.
    Stay a while, and listen!

I am the great mighty poo, and Im going to throw my shit at you.

Get over here!

The Game Master, here to create amazing games for everyone!

I am the one who is confused right now actually... put it in spoiler tags and tell me who you think this character is.
    Baldur

Baldur
    I am still somewhat confused... The interaction between Kratos and Baldur has been among the most important interactions in the game. So I don't know what's a spoiler that would be related to Baldur.

Get over here!

I am still somewhat confused... The interaction between Kratos and Baldur has been among the most important interactions in the game. So I don't know what's a spoiler that would be related to Baldur.
    you only know him as The Stranger at the start of the game, granted I don't how long after you first fight him that you find out he's Baldur, but still

Been doing a casual run on give me a challenge after doing almost everything in GmGOW and holy shit the game is so much different and may I say worse in terms of difficulty?

The boss fights feel extremely underwhelming on Give me a challenge especially the main game bosses such as the Dark Elf King, The Dragon, Magni and Modi or even the different elemental troll mini bosses, the thing is that the first time around I spend around 2 hours and a half taking down Magni and Modi it was an actual nightmare but in challenge I got it first time same with the Dark Elf king, that guy is absolutely crazy on GOW difficulty, the thing is that the GOW difficulty not only gives more health and damage to most enemies but they're way more aggressive and do way more combos, the third phase of Magni and Modi on GOW is insane.

P.S What do u guys think we will get to fight in the next game, considering we did Baldur in this I think Thor will probably be the final boss of the next game and maybe we get to fight Freya as the real Queen of the Valkyries

If I am not mistaken the norse mythology has way more gods than the Greek one without the Vanaheim gods which depending on how shit goes we may even have to deal with them but I doubt it. The second God of War will probably be set in Fimbulwinter and the third during Ragnarok, cant wait

you only know him as The Stranger at the start of the game, granted I don't how long after you first fight him that you find out he's Baldur, but still
    You actually figure out he's Baldur quite early on in the game, so don't worry. It can't even be considered a spoiler.

Get over here!

So I've played the game almost 100% two times now, the first run was on GmGOW difficulty and the second was on challenge, so seeing all this I would give GOW(2018) a 9-9.5/10 rating, its definitely the best single player game I've played since Bloodborne, a masterpiece I would say.

Now why I would give GOW game this rating instead of a 10/10 is because the enemy variety got kinda iffy after u were done with 60-70% of the game, u got to fight the same constant enemies u fought during the first 5-6 hours of the game and its a shame because the enemy design I thought was wonderful and so fitting to the norse setting yet the variety was kind of a let down, also the whole part of the game with Tyr until the end of the game was kind of a let down, while I loved the idea of having trials instead of an old fashioned boss fight like in every game out there I think different enemies were so needed there instead of just throwing at u the same reskined enemies with different color the same thing when u flip the temple the game could have easily thrown at u different kinds of enemies that would be something special to Tyr's vault instead of Draugr and Hel-Walkers when u got to fight those for 100th time already, while I was totally okay to fight those on side quests and locations I was kinda bugged that that was all u got to fight when u flipped Tyr's temple and during Tyr's trials, I just think the devs got kinda lazy at the end, kinda reminds me of Dark Souls with the whole Lost Izalith thingy when the devs looked like they had done everything perfect until Lost Izalith where it looked like they just gave up.

I didnt have a problem with bosses though, while the troll with the tusk was reused a lot of times as a mini boss I didnt necessarily have a problem with that since the moveset was almost new every time, I am ok with that kind of reskin same with the Valkyries they felt like a new boss in every encounter, the game didnt have much main story boss fights but they were in my opinion quality and thats what I like.

Combat, Design, Story, Writing, Music etc on the other hand were all 10/10 no doubt.
    Last edited by baji17; 06-03-2018 at 02:14 AM.

New Game Plus is coming

@Ink Spot; @Salem; @Wiskodeh; @Y;

NG+ is happening. And it's a free patch

https://www.geek.com/games/god-of-wa...st-20-1748664/

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post

NG+ is happening. And it's a free patch.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.plays...ree-patch/amp/
    i saw a god of war mention. i was hoping for an expansion dlc

this is a nice update though, and it looks like some enemies are getting new moves + some new armor

Now with 50% more BOY

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post

NG+ is happening. And it's a free patch

https://www.geek.com/games/god-of-wa...st-20-1748664/

They did mention that they were going to add NG+ function 2 or so months ago, surprised it took this long for them to add it.

I suppose I can move to ng+ already, doubt I will ever finish the valkyries.

They did mention that they were going to add NG+ function 2 or so months ago, surprised it took this long for them to add it.

because it's not just ng+

and even then 2 months is not long lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    Now with 50% more BOY
    100%*

Considering they had no plans for NG+ until people started requesting it, and they've included a bunch of changes for NG+, I think getting it released in August wasn't long at all.

More to enjoy when I finally get it

Holy hell the valkyries on God Of War NG+ GMGOW are something else, they're way more aggressive, tanky and more unpredictable now and they've been upgraded with new moves, patterns and absolutely ridiculous chain combos, except for Gunnr and Kara the other valks individually are the hardest bosses I've faced in gaming... Rota and Geirdriful are insane, imagine the queen