Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm not a magician, babe Wiskodeh's Avatar
    Don't think Luffy could put Jozu down in time

Quote Originally Posted by Shota Aizawa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wth man? Garp took Dadan's attack intentionally, that was dramatic, its kinda dumb to use such logic for combat scenarios.
    similarly, Garp was asleep when Morgan attacked, he didn't even feel that -_-

i don't think that preskip yami BB is considered as a high class powerful character, so making him bleed is no biggie and also there's nothing much to compare Magellan either.

During the Marineford war WB commanders are praised even by the likes of admirals for their abilities and powers, also it has never mentioned that all Yonkos are equally balanced in terms of powers, it's just that Yonkos are of different tier from the rest of the pirates and any confrontation between the Yonkos can lead to mass destruction.

I'm in no mood to debate whether Kizaru is lightspeed or not, I'm tired of this -_-
    So, why does Jozu making Aokiji bleed matter when Aokiji was occupied fighting WB at that time? When Aokiji focused on Jozu, he put him down for the rest of the arc effortlessly.

And Teach beat a WB commander, Ace. How is Luffy making him lay on the ground screaming and holding his head in pain "no biggie"? And Magellan was pretty much soloing multiple Shichibukai with no trouble. He one-shot a bunch of Level 6 prisoners and Teach's entire crew with his most basic attack.

Yeah, they were praised and Akainu was pretty much soloing them ALL. They were never praised above any other Yonkou crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Raigou apparently can't even destroy an island, which Whitebeard can do easily.
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.
    Vista can fight Whitebeard,

Boundman would be a better match due to the raw power. Also is this two or one arm jozu? Two arm is a toss up, one arm wohld be luffy i think

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    So, why does Jozu making Aokiji bleed matter when Aokiji was occupied fighting WB at that time? When Aokiji focused on Jozu, he put him down for the rest of the arc effortlessly.
    He managed to put him only when Jozu got distracted, both him and marco has shown to stall aokiji and kizaru respectively up till then.

And Teach beat a WB commander, Ace.
    Barely, it was almost an equal fight, also Ace wasn't as powerful as other commanders.
    How is Luffy making him lay on the ground screaming and holding his head in pain "no biggie"?
    dude luffy had no idea abt BB's abilities, so it's obvious he got the same treatment as ace in the beginning.
    He didn't And Magellan was pretty much soloing multiple Shichibukai with no trouble. He one-shot a bunch of Level 6 prisoners and Teach's entire crew with his most basic attack.
    Now that you mentioned it, show me the scans of Luffy making Magellan bleed.

Yeah, they were praised and Akainu was pretty much soloing them ALL. They were never praised above any other Yonkou crew.
    Aren't you exaggerating now? Akainu has never shown soloing all the commanders including Marco, Jozu and Vista.
    And no, no other yonko commander has been praised or hyped or mentioned by admirals except Beckman, certainty not the likes of Cracker and Kata, not even the BB pirates.

He managed to put him only when Jozu got distracted, both him and marco has shown to stall aokiji and kizaru respectively up till then.
    Jozu was never shown to be distracted. Jozu was never shown to stall Aokiji.

Barely, it was almost an equal fight, also Ace wasn't as powerful as other commanders.
    dude luffy had no idea abt BB's abilities, so it's obvious he got the same treatment as ace in the beginning.
    That fight was nowhere near equal. Not once did Ace ever have the upper hand against Teach. And Ace was one of the top commanders.

Now that you mentioned it, show me the scans of Luffy making Magellan bleed.
    Sure thing, my brother.

Aren't you exaggerating now? Akainu has never shown soloing all the commanders including Marco, Jozu and Vista.
    And no, no other yonko commander has been praised or hyped or mentioned by admirals except Beckman, certainty not the likes of Cracker and Kata, not even the BB pirates.
    Not Jozu because, as I said earlier, Aokiji put him down for the rest of the arc. Marco and Vista were there. So were all the other commanders as I showed earlier.

Of course no other commander was praised because none of them were there. Beckmann isn't a commander, by the way. He's a first-mate. The WB commanders were never compared to any other Yonkou crew.
    Last edited by Minty; 02-25-2018 at 06:40 PM.

I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.

Jozu was never shown to be distracted.

Jozu was never shown to stall Aokiji.

after that Aokiji hasn't been shown interfering anywhere else until the point where Jozu got distracted and fallen down.

That fight was nowhere near equal. Not once did Ace ever have the upper hand against Teach. And Ace was one of the top commanders.
    Ace managed to hurt him so many times throughout the battle, it's becuz of his ability to "suck" everything it doesn't seem that way, so u can see that to be able to punch him atleast once is no big deal.
    And i believed it was ALMOST equal because of their equal auras of DFs emerging in the last attack

Again, Ace wasn't as powerful as other commanders.

Sure thing, my brother.

That wasn't blood brother

Not Jozu because, as I said earlier, Aokiji put him down for the rest of the arc. Marco and Vista were there. So were all the other commanders as I showed earlier.
    So what Jozu wasn't there, you failed to prove that Akainu soloed them all.

Of course no other commander was praised because none of them were there. Beckmann isn't a commander, by the way. He's a first-mate. The WB commanders were never compared to any other Yonkou crew.
    ohk, i meant, other commanders weren't even talked about, like how Marco has been in discussion in marines HQs and stuffs like that. You know what let's ignore this "praised by admiral" part, it's not gonna make sense if it is dragged too much.
    Last edited by Shota Aizawa; 02-26-2018 at 05:01 PM.

after that Aokiji hasn't been shown interfering anywhere else until the point where Jozu got distracted and fallen down.
    You're right. He was distracted, but Aokiji wasn't held off.

Ace managed to hurt him so many times throughout the battle, it's becuz of his ability to "suck" everything it doesn't seem that way, so u can see that to be able to punch him atleast once is no big deal.
    And i believed it was ALMOST equal because of their equal auras of DFs emerging in the last attack

Again, Ace wasn't as powerful as other commanders.
    The fight was nowhere near equal and which commanders are stronger than Ace? Marco and Jozu?

That wasn't blood brother
    The anime isn't a valid source. It is known to censor many things especially during ID and MF as this was during the time OP first moved to daytime/primetime TV. Just look at Luffy vs. Minotaurus or Akainu vs. WB in the manga and then in the anime. In the manga, the blood isn't the same color as the poison.

So what Jozu wasn't there, you failed to prove that Akainu soloed them all.

ohk, i meant, other commanders weren't even talked about, like how Marco has been in discussion in marines HQs and stuffs like that. You know what let's ignore this "praised by admiral" part, it's not gonna make sense if it is dragged too much.
    Besides the scan I already provided?

Akainu was already running over commanders before the other marines came to back him up.

If Aokiji wasn't held off then why didn't he just move on?

Did he stay in the spot WB left him still dealing with the same opponent? Yes? Then he was held off.
    Last edited by Dayum; 03-02-2018 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    If Aokiji wasn't held off then why didn't he just move on?

Did he stay in the spot WB left him still dealing with the same opponent? Yes? Then he was held off.
    3 chapters with one of the chapters being Garp's flashback about child Ace? How many in-universe seconds passed before Aokiji finished Jozu off? How long did Luffy hold off Aokiji? 2 chapters? (Keep in mind these chapters are mostly double spread).

3 chapters with one of the chapters being Garp's flashback about child Ace? How many in-universe seconds passed before Aokiji finished Jozu off? How long did Luffy hold off Aokiji? 2 chapters? (Keep in mind these chapters are mostly double spread).
    Jozu first attacked Aokiji in the middle of 567. He was frozen in the middle of 568. It was about 1 chapter. So Jozu most likely lasted for a few minutes. (The first half of marineford was something like 1-2 hours long, and it was 15 chapters.)
    "What!? Obviously Doflamingo and any other New World saga antagonist can easily beat that Whitebeard pirate with the top hat whose name I forgot, the one who appeared for a few panels at Marineford. Also Barreltheif is my favorite poster on NF." - Eiichiro Oda (SBS)

Quote Originally Posted by barreltheif View Post
    Jozu first attacked Aokiji in the middle of 567. He was frozen in the middle of 568. It was about 1 chapter. So Jozu most likely lasted for a few minutes. (The first half of marineford was something like 1-2 hours long, and it was 15 chapters.)
    You are both so full of shit. Jozu fought Aokiji in the time it took for Luffy to get ganged up by Vice Admirals, lots of fighting to occur among random pirates, taunted by Kizaru, WB had a short conversation with Luffy and Iva, Garp knocked away Marco and made his stand, WB had a skirmish with Akainu, more random fighting with WB commanders breaking down the line of marines and Pacifistas, and then only did Joz get distracted when the hear.

It was definitely not seconds in-verse. Aokiji was not free until a distraction occurred. An Admiral being unable to deal with a guy for 10 minutes is praiseworthy, not some knock against that fighter. Marco&WB in that very time frame got it worse than Jozu.

You are both so full of shit. Jozu fought Aokiji in the time it took for Luffy to get ganged up by Vice Admirals, lots of fighting to occur among random pirates, taunted by Kizaru, WB had a short conversation with Luffy and Iva, Garp knocked away Marco and made his stand, WB had a skirmish with Akainu, more random fighting with WB commanders breaking down the line of marines and Pacifistas, and then only did Joz get distracted when the hear.
    The first half of marineford was something like 1-2 hours, or possibly less. We know this because before marineford, we were told it was 3 hours until Ace's execution, then some chapters passed, people waited around, Sengoku gave his speech, etc. Then the war started. And then Ace's execution was moved up, so it was significantly less than 3 hours total.

That means that each chapter on average was around 4-8 minutes (or possibly less). You could maybe argue that the chapter when Jozu was stalling Aokiji was a longer than average chapter, but there's not really any reason to think it was a big outlier.
    "What!? Obviously Doflamingo and any other New World saga antagonist can easily beat that Whitebeard pirate with the top hat whose name I forgot, the one who appeared for a few panels at Marineford. Also Barreltheif is my favorite poster on NF." - Eiichiro Oda (SBS)

You're right. He was distracted, but Aokiji wasn't held off.
    Wjy didn't he finished him off in the next moment then? Why only when he got distracted?

which commanders are stronger than Ace? Marco and Jozu?
    Yes

The anime isn't a valid source. It is known to censor many things especially during ID and MF as this was during the time OP first moved to daytime/primetime TV. Just look at Luffy vs. Minotaurus or Akainu vs. WB in the manga and then in the anime. In the manga, the blood isn't the same color as the poison.
    Ohk

Besides the scan I already provided?

Akainu was already running over commanders before the other marines came to back him up.
    It doesn't prove anything -_-

Akainu never soloed top commanders
    Tell me if you can see Marco and vista getting fked up in those panels

Wjy didn't he finished him off in the next moment then?
    He did. In 567, Jozu ambushes Aokiji and tells WB to go on ahead. Literally the very next thing we see from them, in 568, is Aokiji freezing Jozu.

He did. In 567, Jozu ambushes Aokiji and tells WB to go on ahead. Literally the very next thing we see from them, in 568, is Aokiji freezing Jozu.
    What kind of logic is that? do you even understand the term "very next moment"??

see all the things happened between the gap, see how Jozu stalled Aokiji from aiding marines in those situtations.

Yeah, Akainu soloing those commanders is probably akin to soloing Oven, Daifuku, Compote and anybody who isn't a Sweet Commander in Big Mom's Crew at the same time.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

The first half of marineford was something like 1-2 hours, or possibly less. We know this because before marineford, we were told it was 3 hours until Ace's execution, then some chapters passed, people waited around, Sengoku gave his speech, etc. Then the war started. And then Ace's execution was moved up, so it was significantly less than 3 hours total.

That means that each chapter on average was around 4-8 minutes (or possibly less). You could maybe argue that the chapter when Jozu was stalling Aokiji was a longer than average chapter, but there's not really any reason to think it was a big outlier.
    There is no average amount of time passing per chapter. Every chapter had different structure of events. One chap would be a clusterfuck/flash forward, another could have many consecutive events going on in a short time, another flashbacks so no time passed, others had sequential events. This one had sequential events. Jozu got in Aokiji's way, WB then had the freedom to be there when Luffy was swatted towards him, see Luffy taunted by Kizaru, tossed him to Iva, moved onto skirmish with Akainu, continued until Marco got Punched and Garp made his entrance, more fighting then the heart attack kicked in.

More than 5 minutes definitely passed(so forget this possibly less stuff, they weren't speed talking and power walking everywhere). WB was relaxed with little urgency before him and Akainu squared off meaning Jozu was doing his job...until the distractions.

It was definitely not seconds in-verse. Aokiji was not free until a distraction occurred. An Admiral being unable to deal with a guy for 10 minutes is praiseworthy, not some knock against that fighter. Marco&WB in that very time frame got it worse than Jozu.
    That was nowhere near 10 minutes. Not much happened in those chapters. Remember, they were mostly filled with double spreads. Maybe 3 minutes max.

And the assertion was Jozu "held Aokiji off". From what? Aokiji wasn't the one with an objective, Jozu was. Aokiji didn't move away from Jozu because there was nothing more pertinent for Aokiji to do besides killing WB who was having a heart attack at the time. Jozu's presence didn't force Aokiji to do anything.

Wjy didn't he finished him off in the next moment then? Why only when he got distracted?
    Jozu happened to get distracted as soon as WB went on to fight Akainu and had a heart attack.

Yes
    So, how is Ace not one of the top commanders?

It doesn't prove anything -_-

Akainu never soloed top commanders
    Tell me if you can see Marco and vista getting fked up in those panels
    It doesn't show them getting beat, but we know they were running away right after Luffy and Jimbe were able to get away. Akainu was "chasing after pirates who have no will to fight"

That was nowhere near 10 minutes. Not much happened in those chapters. Remember, they were mostly filled with double spreads. Maybe 3 minutes max.
    LIke I said you're full of shit. I just gave you a breakdown and reread the chapters before posting. I don't have to remember shit. I posted my last post based on what I was seeing in my other tabs. No way in hell a mere 5 minutes went by when WB was so relaxed and everything was happening sequentially. You're choosing to believe everyone was power walking and speed talking with no pauses between conversations, not to mention you have no idea how much time elapses in the clusterfuck battles portions.

And the assertion was Jozu "held Aokiji off". From what? Aokiji wasn't the one with an objective, Jozu was. Aokiji didn't move away from Jozu because there was nothing more pertinent for Aokiji to do besides killing WB who was having a heart attack at the time. Jozu's presence didn't force Aokiji to do anything.
    This is so fucking dumb. If a character says they are going to hold a character off and both characters are not seen interfering with the character told not to worry(WB) then said character did their job. I have no idea what you're trying to argue now. How words work?

The hell are you talking about? You're telling me to remember (because apparently re-looking is impossible in your world) and yet you don't know what happened. WB went on his merry way with little urgency for decent amount of time before his heart attack happened. It's in the post you're reading so why would you respond to me like this?

Jozu happened to get distracted as soon as WB went on to fight Akainu and had a heart attack.
    You're not counting other events that happened in between.
    Last edited by Dayum; 03-03-2018 at 04:21 PM.