Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luffy vs Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cracker, he's 3rd in Kaidou's crew
    I view Luffy at around Jozu level at this point.

Jack showed such insane endurance in Zou that it wouldn't surprise me if he is also around that level.

This is how I see this: First mate high diffs second mate, who high diffs third mate. So first mate mid diffs third mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    This is how I see this: First mate high diffs second mate, who high diffs third mate. So first mate mid diffs third mate.
    I don't know if it's as simple as second mate>third mate. Smoothie has not been more impressive then any of the third mates.

Think Luffy will fight King in Wano?
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty Kaido View Post
    I don't know if it's as simple as second mate>third mate. Smoothie has not been more impressive then any of the third mates.
    Well thats because she hasn't fight anyone yet. I mean its pretty clear that Jozu>Vista.

I view Jack still as a counter to Luffy. I doubt Luffy can overpower him without G4. The problem is that I don’t see Jack going down after Luffy using G4 once which gives him the win.

Luffy simply doesnt have the attack power (except KKG) to seriously hurt Jack

Zoro on the other hand specializes in attack power and can defeat Jack

Luffy high/extreme diff.

Going with Luffy at this point his CoO is now on par with Katakuri's having a more advanced level of Haki. Plus he has his G4 modes which gives him more ways to defeat Jack by blitzing him more with Snakeman and tanking all his attacks win Tankman.

He has to be fat to use Tankman. Tank man is not something we're likely to see again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    He has to be fat to use Tankman. Tank man is not something we're likely to see again.
    No, he doesn’t.

We only saw the “Full Version” of Tank Man. There’s still a standard version that remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    there has to be a normal version of tank man.

anyways, I think in wano we will see G4's attack version.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalIce View Post
    I view Jack still as a counter to Luffy. I doubt Luffy can overpower him without G4. The problem is that I don’t see Jack going down after Luffy using G4 once which gives him the win.
    luffy also happens to be an endurance freak during base mode

call it willpower, amazing endurance or plot shield but luffy lasted in the ring against someone who is comparatively stronger than kaido's third mate

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    luffy also happens to be an endurance freak during base mode

call it willpower, amazing endurance or plot shield but luffy lasted in the ring against someone who is comparatively stronger than kaido's third mate
    That’s true. There is a major difference though in Luffy vs Katakuri and Luffy vs Jack in this scenario. Katakuri would have already won the fight the moment stopped Luffy from activating G4 yet he chose to leave him be and have his tea time. Then he could have also won when G4s time limit ran out but Luffy escaped with Brulees help to recharge his haki. Those conveniences won’t occur here. The moment Luffys haki runs out he is done. It doesn’t seem like he could take Jack down in his limited time.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalIce View Post
    That’s true. There is a major difference though in Luffy vs Katakuri and Luffy vs Jack in this scenario. Katakuri would have already won the fight the moment stopped Luffy from activating G4 yet he chose to leave him be and have his tea time. Then he could have also won when G4s time limit ran out but Luffy escaped with Brulees help to recharge his haki. Those conveniences won’t occur here. The moment Luffys haki runs out he is done. It doesn’t seem like he could take Jack down in his limited time.
    i don't think he needs conveniences to recharge his haki against a slower, stationary fighter like jack. it's a lot easier to recharge now with his newly acquired advanced coo. furthermore, he's not exactly dealing with a guy like katakuri who has the speed and tools to pin down luffy from long distance

but let's just assume jack puts down luffy after a single round of G4. that would imply that a) luffy didn't retreat after his haki reserves dropped and b) jack arguably put out more damage than katakuri. the latter seems impractical for a character who specializes in being an endurance tank. jack would be overloaded for someone who's supposed to be a 3rd seat lackey

I don't see Jack being stronger than Katakuri.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Jack is the worst fight for luffy because it is a monster of tankiness.The gear 2 and gear 3 is probably useless against Jack because like we say due to crocodile "the awakened zoan has a great regeneration".
    Luffy will be force to use his gear 4 but he can't keep it enough long-time for finish the fight.
    And against Jack without caa it's over
    Therefore Jack hard-diff luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    i don't think he needs conveniences to recharge his haki against a slower, stationary fighter like jack. it's a lot easier to recharge now with his newly acquired advanced coo. furthermore, he's not exactly dealing with a guy like katakuri who has the speed and tools to pin down luffy from long distance

but let's just assume jack puts down luffy after a single round of G4. that would imply that a) luffy didn't retreat after his haki reserves dropped and b) jack arguably put out more damage than katakuri. the latter seems impractical for a character who specializes in being an endurance tank. jack would be overloaded for someone who's supposed to be a 3rd seat lackey
    I doubt Jack wont be able to catch a worn out Luffy. Up to now Luffy was only able to recharge his haki in a fight with major help. We had the collosseum fighter against Doffy, the homies + Nami against Cracker and now he basically left Katakuri behind in the mirror world. If it wasnt for them Im pretty sure he would have gotten caught. Im not saying that Jack can dish out more than Katakuri, just that it wont take much to beat down Luffy who isnt able to use haki.

An injured Luffy after G4 ran out managed to escape through a group of BM pirates including the likes of Cracker level Perospero and Big mom herself, WHILE CARRYING BRULEE. Jack surviving the first round of G4 isn't even a certainty considering he's fighting someone higher than him in the power level hierarchy. He's also not dodging those G4 attacks like Katakuri did and will be eating all those G2 and 3 CoA imbued attacks even before Luffy goes G4. Even if he did survive, big slow Jack after taking a beating from gears 2 through 4 isn't catching up here without outside help. This isn't the same Luffy that became fodder after G4 ran out against Doflamingo.

Luffy takes it mid-high diff.
    Last edited by Sylvalant; 03-16-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Yeah i was not confident Luffy would defeat Katakuri but now when it happened, Luffy wins this.