2 4.88%
  • 8/10

3 7.32%
  • 9/10

10 24.39%
  • 10/10

23 56.10%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I am so used to the breaks now i did not even pay attention to the break notice lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Whitebeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I thought Katakuri would go down but after seeing that he wasn't having issues reacting and countering Snakeman, I think Luffy will only make him touch the ground with his back. Luffy saying to Katakuri to fall already probably reinforces that.

Katakuri going down is still very likely. It has been going on for a long time and Oda is really making it a huge boss fight.
    Last edited by Neko; 02-16-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty Kaido View Post
    I am so used to the breaks now i did not even pay attention to the break notice lol.

Katakuri going down is still very likely. It has been going on for a long time and Oda is really making it a huge boss fight.
    Maybe, but the way this is being written leads me to believe Luffy's more likely to get a symbolic win.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Whitebeard View Post
    Maybe, but the way this is being written leads me to believe Luffy's more likely to get a symbolic win.
    I just hope if Katakuri is defeated it's not in a bullshit or typical plot way.

just got off work and wow just wow
    Doflamingo doesn't even look like a combatant compared to these two
    [/SIGPIC]This world gives me oranges and expects lemonade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    Post skip One Piece can't have anything better than pre skip you fool
    ur right how could based katakuri even touch foxy vs luffy fight in terms of quality

Katakuri put this arc on his back and carried it

/s

Yoooooooooooo Katakuri my man. Such a beast.

This fight was one of the best in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty Kaido View Post
    I just hope if Katakuri is defeated it's not in a bullshit or typical plot way.
    Kinda hard for it not to be when he's barely taken damage yet may lose. Why I'm hoping for the symbolic victory or a fake-out loss.

Poor Smoothie. Probably no CoO and no cool scenes, now completely out shined by Luffy and her big brother.

Loved those panels that showed Luffy's punch twisting and turning multiple times in mid air

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    Kinda hard for it not to be when he's barely taken damage yet may lose. Why I'm hoping for the symbolic victory or a fake-out loss.

Poor Smoothie. Probably no CoO and no cool scenes, now completely out shined by Luffy and her big brother.
    I can see some neat trickery happen. It being such a huge boss fight so far makes me feel Katakuri will indeed go down even though him touching the ground can still happen.

I still believe in Smoothie.

Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post

He stabbed himself in the gut to be on even footing with Luffy. Of course he’d taken damage.

This was a great chapter.

Destiny still arrives Mythoclast's Avatar
    The choreography was sweet.

So he transforms into a donut?

best chapter in a long, long ass time!

Katakuri's portrayal (i said katakuri not dog tooth) this is how much i acknowledge and like this dude, he saved this whole arc...MVP

Next chapter Luffy needs to be unconscious and Kata on his back...I want Kata to acknowledge Luffy and become his mentor! Too much to ask for?
    That would be pretty cool lol

P.S. Luffy should be able to shit on every member of the worst generation at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    He stabbed himself in the gut to be on even footing with Luffy. Of course he’d taken damage.
    You should know what I mean. Luffy took the same injury and took shots for hours on end long before Snake Man. Long before him trying to level up his CoO when taking the spear shot. Bout began with him getting kicked, slammed by psuedo EG, and hit by psuedo Hawk Hatling, now he took the slicing mochi/body slam, the big Awakened hand to his torso when he first used G4, the heated jet punch last chapter, on top of what can only be hundreds of hardened generic shots throughout the fight. The number of blows Luffy has endured dwarf the level and number Kata has taken.
    Last edited by Dayum; 02-17-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    its not letting me edit the poll
    Oh ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    How is he on even footing with kat, he only stabbed himself for the one blow he gave to luffy because of the interference caused by flambe. He already took numerous fatal blows before.

Luffy can fight more evenly with katakuri because he knows him better than even his real family now. Luffy accepts all aspects of him and understands why katakuri loves a good fight

At the start, kata was composedand no nonsense, not caring about a good fight

He got angry at luffy for being a threat to his family

He got interested at a new level of power from luffy

He got embarrassed by getting caught lying down.

He got frustrated Luffy got the best of him.

when the fight resumed, Luffy wasn't fighting a composed veteran anymore, he was fighting the genuine thing.

And then, when katakuri was sorely disappointed by luffy failing to dodge mogura. If he had been like he was at the start of the fight, he wouldn't care. Now he did.

And then he got enraged that their battle that had become much more was influenced by others, so by his own merithe leveled the playing field.

He also grinned a bit when they clashed with CoC.

Now, given the range of different feelings kata has given to this fight, Luffy can fight on a more even ground.

Thanks to Cake~

Quote Originally Posted by Kong View Post
    You were made to be a TMF poster. You have the right temperament and can exchange insults with anyone. I know the majority of the site hates your entrails, but that just makes you more of a Temeffian to me.

one of the comments in MS

'that explosion was big enough to create a hole in time-space quantum giving birth to what we refer to as Break.'

Hajrudin is top 5 money maker for Buggy? Whatever he brought, I hope it wasn't based on strength... It appears that Buggy's still in that weird inflated suit. He also has a reason to target Luffy again

The fight between Luffy and Kata was creative and I liked snakeman (oda's inspiration must have been this

That said, I still wonder if Shounen jump asked Oda to rush rush the manga like they did with Shima's Toriko. (Because I can't believe Luffy's going toe-to-toe with the number one of a Yonkou this early)

Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    10/10 Chapter.

Another testament to how much of a fucking boss katakuri is.

I was fully expecting this chapter to mark the point at which the tables would turn and luffy would start to dominate, if not win by the end, but praise the lord, my homeboy is STILL faring just fine, evading the fastest attacks luffy has to offer and landing a good share of hits in return.

Obviously it will be revealed next chapter that luffy won the King Cobra vs Diced Mochi exchange, but holy fuck, this has been the most intense and entertaining manga fight ive ever had the pleasure of reading.

Praise be to Katakuri. You are a legend
    Kata still had the upperhand in this chapter. I'm not sure if Snakeman's King Cobra equals Boundman's King kong gun but it appears to lack power. So much so that I don't see Kata losing to it. Perhaps a flat landing on his back which he will consider as "losing" the fight.

If you want more intense and entertaining manga fights read OPM