2 4.76%
  • 8/10

3 7.14%
  • 9/10

11 26.19%
  • 10/10

23 54.76%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    So I'm suspecting that after Luffy gets out fo the Mirrorworld that the Vinsmokes will show up and save him. After all, the last we saw them they were getting the locale of where Luffy will meet the others. Maybe they'll erect a megazord from their country or something. I know Sanji will save Luffy and all but the others have to show up at some point.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow...so you mentioned us, proclaim what I think, then when I tell you what I actually think and ask you questions you tell me to fuck off?

I don't remember being disrespectful towards you?

Huh? What was my original argument then? You make no sense. I hated the chapters where Pudding allowed them to skip right to BM. Hated that the BM pirates knew where Sunny was and just let sit idle. Hated that BM had no greater plan for allowing SH to enter her backyard. Always had a problem going up against BM so quick but was cool when it seemed like it was really going to be a SH vs. Vinnesmoke arc but they are a non-factor now.

How did my argument shift when I always found it suspect that Oda had Law go into detail on how difficult it is to reach the Yonkou's front yard(pre-WCI Oda even re-emphasized the problem of getting through) then completely circumvented those obstacles via Pudding??
    The whole point was that Big Mom allowed them to get that close

Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    The whole point was that Big Mom allowed them to get that close
    I don't understand you Del. I wrote this:

Hated that BM had no greater plan for allowing SH to enter her backyard.

So clearly I understand she let them, I say so in the post you're quoting. I don't like that Oda went that route.

I don't understand you Del. I wrote this:

Hated that BM had no greater plan for allowing SH to enter her backyard.

So clearly I understand she let them, I say so in the post you're quoting. I don't like that Oda went that route.
    Is there anything you even like ? I mean what would you prefer ?

Is there anything you even like ? I mean what would you prefer ?
    Still don't get why you are asking this. There is enough information in the post you are quoting for you to reasonably guess what I'd like. Pretty direct, nothing you should have to decode.

Always had a problem going up against BM so quick but was cool when it seemed like it was really going to be a SH vs. Vinnesmoke arc.

Found it suspect that Oda had Law go into detail on how difficult it is to reach the Yonkou's front yard(pre-WCI Oda even re-emphasized the problem of getting through) then completely circumvented those obstacles via Pudding

Do these items really not communicate what I wanted to see? Or is it that what I wanted to see is me being entitled and unreasonable? The way the arc went is the only way events could have unfolded??? I wanted to see an allied crew. I wanted to see more Vinnsmokes. I did not want to see an arc where the only well represented threat is 1 character with the rest filling up a photoshop page of failure or show little or no agency in the situation if they are not on there way to the memeshot. Few outside Katakuri who do show some agency don't leave an impression like Dai and Smoothie's slow air slashes.
    Last edited by Dayum; 02-24-2018 at 09:31 PM.

Still don't get why you are asking this. There is enough information in the post you are quoting for you to reasonably guess what I'd like. Pretty direct, nothing you should have to decode.

Always had a problem going up against BM so quick but was cool when it seemed like it was really going to be a SH vs. Vinnesmoke arc.

Found it suspect that Oda had Law go into detail on how difficult it is to reach the Yonkou's front yard(pre-WCI Oda even re-emphasized the problem of getting through) then completely circumvented those obstacles via Pudding

Do these items really not communicate what I wanted to see? Or is it that what I wanted to see is me being entitled and unreasonable? The way the arc went is the only way events could have unfolded??? I wanted to see an allied crew. I wanted to see more Vinnsmokes. I did not want to see an arc where the only well represented threat is 1 character with the rest filling up a photoshop page of failure or show little or no agency in the situation if they are not on there way to the memeshot. Few outside Katakuri who do show some agency don't leave an impression like Dai and Smoothie's slow air slashes.
    It never seemed like it was going to be the Straw Hats vs the Germa. It was blatantly clear from their very first intro that they would stand no chance against the crew. The thing is you always have a problem with something and that's mostly because Luffy doesn't fit into your shit tier list of power levels anymore or because the ploty didn't advance the way you wanted it to. Now you are going to bring those silver medalists and CoC users even though the main opponents of Luffy have been exactly those. Doflamingo and another CoC user in Katakuri

It never seemed like it was going to be the Straw Hats vs the Germa. It was blatantly clear from their very first intro that they would stand no chance against the crew. The thing is you always have a problem with something and that's mostly because Luffy doesn't fit into your shit tier list of power levels anymore or because the ploty didn't advance the way you wanted it to. Now you are going to bring those silver medalists and CoC users even though the main opponents of Luffy have been exactly those. Doflamingo and another CoC user in Katakuri

You asked what would I like and would prefer. You're the one obsessed with tiers. Why do you always make up what the other persons position is? Oda mentioned multiple different parties in the NW and I wanted to see them. I am not upset at Luffy facing Kata because it fucks with my perceived hierarchy. Stop peddling that. Whats the point in spreading disingenuous lies? By facing a First Mate so soon it means characters beneath that status are high unlikely to ever get screen time. Luffy facing a Kata means we've already skipped exploring Oven, Dai, Compote, Peros, Struesen, and even Smoothie as characters. Definitely the lesser ranked BM Pirates like Amande and then the Vinnesmokes. Plenty of people are now de-hyped for Jack, Drake, Queen, and even King now.

You make no sense bringing up Doffy and Katakuri. I said Allied pirates because Oda hyped the network of pirates making it difficult to reach the actual Yonkou. Neither Kata or Doffy are in that group. Why am I some entitled asshole because I wanted to not see that obstacle skipped. He also hyped up CoC users who compete with the Yonkou. Kata is with the Yonkou. That is only two characters, I want to see more than than. Pretty clear the aforementioned parties are just being skipped. Even the SN will be skipped. No true Rivalry, Luffy will enter Wano the strongest and exit widening the gap. It doesn't mean I hate Luffy because I don't want him to be strongest right away(probably where you were going). I want to see a big grand world with tons of major players getting shine with Luffy coming out on top. Not a repeat of DR where all the gladiators decide to ride his coattails after he saves the day or the Naruto Ninja war where everyone competes to be Naruto's bottom-bitch and entire villages were totally eclipsed in presentation from the get go outside of a handful of scenes/fighters. It makes for a boring shallow world to have so many underdeveloped characters running around. Why is that some strange thing to be dissatisfied with?

Oda could have done whatever he wanted with the Vinnesmokes. You can't say a group you know nothing about cannot stand up to half the SH. Their Intro? How so, Ichiji could have served as a fine boss if Oda chose him to be? Oda could developed them any number of ways to make them a threat. Obviously you have to develop a group as a credible threat to be perceived as credible threat. He could have given them Oars sized mechs, stealth forcing Sanji to level up his CoO, androids/cyborgs, drones, tons of hax tools, super clones stronger than the Vinnesmokes themselves, thousands of lesser clones, super forms for the brothers, or simply had Luffy out of commission from his damage from Cracker&Sanji and focusing the story on Sanji, Nami, Chopper, and Carrot's battles with them for a while.

Why can't you actually discuss the positions presented to you??? I also didn't want to see a memepage of all the BM pirates looking bad like Bleach villains. How is that not a reasonable thing to not want to see come to fruition??
    Last edited by Dayum; 02-26-2018 at 03:27 PM.