top 5 fighters in Gintama

Who are the top 5 strongest guys in Gintama?

and how about top 5 swordsmen?

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

bump

I'd personally say Utsuro, Flower Dakini guy I forgot, Umibozu/Housen, and Kamui.

for swordsmen I'd say barring Utsuro: Gin, Okita, Jirocho, in no order then Hijikata/Kondo/Nobume?

Utsuro, that Dakini dude, Hosen, Umibozu and Kamui. I'm not including Hedoro as he's not a fighter anymore.

The best swordsman is definitely Utsuro. Aside from his regeneration, he has shown that he's skilled enough to fight against an army of samurais, Yatos and ninjas at the same time. He's a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    bump

I'd personally say Utsuro, Flower Dakini guy I forgot, Umibozu/Housen, and Kamui.

for swordsmen I'd say barring Utsuro: Gin, Okita, Jirocho, in no order then Hijikata/Kondo/Nobume?
    Katsura, Takasugi, Kyubei, her Grandpa, and Saitou are canonically above these two. Oboro was able to fight both and Gintoki always has an easy time with Hijikata. Zura is implied to be even stronger than Gintoki and Katsura played with Saitou who Okita called a monster.

Zura > Gintoki/Jirocho > Katsura/Okita >/Nobume > Kyubei/Saitou. That Yaemon guy is up there too. Not sure on Takasugi except he's above Kyubei/Saitou tier. Don't know what Gorilla wants us to think of him fighting an already tired Gintoki using a wooden sword instead of a real one he usually has for a boss fight.
    Last edited by Dayum; 02-13-2018 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    Katsura, Takasugi, Kyubei, her Grandpa, and Saitou are canonically above these two. Oboro was able to fight both and Gintoki always has an easy time with Hijikata. Zura is implied to be even stronger than Gintoki and Katsura played with Saitou who Okita called a monster.

Zura > Gintoki/Jirocho > Katsura/Okita >/Nobume > Kyubei/Saitou. That Yaemon guy is up there too. Not sure on Takasugi except he's above Kyubei/Saitou tier. Don't know what Gorilla wants us to think of him fighting an already tired Gintoki using a wooden sword instead of a real one he usually has for a boss fight.
    I'm personally iffy on Kyubei being stronger than Hijikata/Kondo, since she beat an exhausted and handicapped Hijikata, though I won't argue she isn't. Forgot about Takasugi/Oboro (the latter especially since he uses a staff in the time I remembered him the most), and Saito's more serious stuff flew over my head since all I remember are his comedic antics and recent butt monkeying by Elizabeth

Utsuro
    Umibozu
    Housen
    Kamui
    Gintoki

Utsuro
    Gintoki
    Takasugi
    Okita
    Jirocho

Who's the Dakini guy?

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Utsuro
    Umibozu
    Housen
    Kamui
    Gintoki

Utsuro
    Gintoki
    Takasugi
    Okita
    Jirocho

Who's the Dakini guy?
    One of Hedoro's species, that guy who fought Yorozuya and others at the same time.

When was Zura ever implied to be stronger than Gintoki?

is Gintoki at the same level as Jirocho now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    is Gintoki at the same level as Jirocho now?
    Gintoki has always been on Jirocho's level. He lost against him during their first fight because of his short temper. Gintoki is at his strongest when he's calm.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by W View Post
    Always. He was stronger when they where kids, and he certainly it now. Gintoki is obviously skilled, but compared to someone as diligent as Katsura his body is at no point at its peak.

- - - Updated - - -

Always. He was stronger when they where kids, and he certainly it now. Gintoki is obviously skilled, but compared to someone as diligent as Katsura his body is at no point at its peak.
    ​​

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    Gintoki has always been on Jirocho's level. He lost against him during their first fight because of his short temper. Gintoki is at his strongest when he's calm.
    need to restart this soon

manga or anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    need to restart this soon

manga or anime?
    Whatever you prefer, but I'd recommend watching anime because of an excellent voice acting.

The entire flashback explaining where the name Zura came from was about Sakamoto basically correcting his soldiers who thought the strongest could only be between Takasugi and Gintoki. Makes sense, he took his training seriously since childhood and never stopped training while Gin got lazy drinking and eating sweets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    I'm personally iffy on Kyubei being stronger than Hijikata/Kondo, since she beat an exhausted and handicapped Hijikata, though I won't argue she isn't. Forgot about Takasugi/Oboro (the latter especially since he uses a staff in the time I remembered him the most), and Saito's more serious stuff flew over my head since all I remember are his comedic antics and recent butt monkeying by Elizabeth
    I wasn't counting Oboro as a swordsman. He just shows the gap between Gintoki and Hijikata/Kondou.
    Last edited by Dayum; 02-16-2018 at 11:21 PM.

This seems fair for human swordsman:
    Zura > Gintoki > Takasugi > Jirocho > Okita

Maybe switch Takasugi and Jirocho, but I always pictured Shinsuke as being pretty close to Gin.

Katsura, Takasugi, Kyubei, her Grandpa, and Saitou are canonically above these two.
    I'm pretty sure Hijikata and Kondo are stronger than Kyuubei. IIRC her only real feats are taking Hijikata by surprise, and then later beating him while he was exhausted and holding back.

Plus, Shinpachi managed to knock her through a screen door and held her off for a little while during the Yagyu arc, and I seriously doubt that he would've been able to do the same against those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    This seems fair for human swordsman:
    Zura > Gintoki > Takasugi > Jirocho > Okita

Maybe switch Takasugi and Jirocho, but I always pictured Shinsuke as being pretty close to Gin.

I'm pretty sure Hijikata and Kondo are stronger than Kyuubei. IIRC her only real feats are taking Hijikata by surprise, and then later beating him while he was exhausted and holding back.

Plus, Shinpachi managed to knock her through a screen door and held her off for a little while during the Yagyu arc, and I seriously doubt that he would've been able to do the same against those two.
    Maybe not stronger than Hijikata but she should be above Kondou. She still is the 2nd strongest of a school of master swordsman, still matched and beat Hijikata, and I doubt that Shinpachi scene was anything more than a gag. Kondou is relatively low-tier among his peers.

Takasugi can't be put above Jirocho. Gintoki was exhausted and would have killed him multiple times if he was using a real sword. Was a weird way to portay the series antagonist strength but it is what it is until contradicted with more feats. Against a fresh bloodlusted Gintoki we saw what Jirocho did and he even took a direct hit to the face like a champ while Shinsuke was getting hurt by every strike. Unless he has new feats I don't see the gap as small.
    Last edited by Dayum; 02-14-2018 at 09:30 PM.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Nah. She is stronger than Hijikata. He struggled taking out one of the 4 elite guys while she could take on 2 of them at the same time if I remember correctly.
    ​​

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!