Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Kou vs Roku O Mi

both have 20k

トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

A kou seems more impressive tbh

Honestly their portrayal, hype and army-numbers are virtually equal at this point.

vs

50-50. Akou's way of charging is probably a bit more effective but I don't actually see that effecting Rokuomi or his men since he is bloodthirsty as well.
    Last edited by Kanki; 02-09-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Akou's tactics seem better, he was able to react well to Ouhon's moves and worked in tandem with his unit.

Rokuomi seems grittier but not as good tactically.

Rokuomi was mentioned to be 'heads and shoulders' below the HKs, while Akou has received no inferior portrayal to Bananji and Chougaryuu who have been scaled to them. It is entirely possible- even likely- that Rokuomi has improved to Hk level since that statement, but from what we know Akou takes it handily.

Akou stomps him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rokuomi was mentioned to be 'heads and shoulders' below the HKs, while Akou has received no inferior portrayal to Bananji and Chougaryuu who have been scaled to them. It is entirely possible- even likely- that Rokuomi has improved to Hk level since that statement, but from what we know Akou takes it handily.
    The ouki commanders were thrown together in a general statement but we know there's a sizeable gap between the individuals. Plus if Tou felt this were true he would never have allowed Rokuomi to potentially clash with a Fire Dragon. Nor would Hara (through Shin) have positioned Rokuomi (and Ryuukoku) as a potential threat to their GG-chase. Mouten also couldn't believe how strong Rokuomi was when he saw him in person, which overrides his previous judgement which can only have been gained via hearsay.

In an overall judgement Rokuomi and even Akou may not be as strong as the HKs but that doesn't mean they can't clash on the plains with 20k men. This is one type of battle situation, which actually suits Rokuomi (and probably Akou) with the terrain and small numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    The ouki commanders were thrown together in a general statement but we know there's a sizeable gap between the individuals. Plus if Tou felt this were true he would never have allowed Rokuomi to potentially clash with a Fire Dragon. Nor would Hara (through Shin) have positioned Rokuomi (and Ryuukoku) as a potential threat to their GG-chase. Mouten also couldn't believe how strong Rokuomi was when he saw him in person, which overrides his previous judgement which can only have been gained via hearsay.

In an overall judgement Rokuomi and even Akou may not be as strong as the HKs but that doesn't mean they can't clash on the plains with 20k men. This is one type of battle situation, which actually suits Rokuomi (and probably Akou) with the terrain and small numbers.
    Ryuukoku and Rokuomi are recognised as contenders to Shin/Mouten/Ouhon, but Akou it outright stated to be much strongsr than a substantially more experienced Ouhon.

The Fire Dragons only reared their heads after the Shin and Ouhon set off, and by then their positions (vs Ouhon, Shin and Tou) were already known so Rokuomi was at no direct risk. Not to mention Tou had no problems sending Shin and Ouhon at the FDs even though they were far below Akou at the time.

Rokuomi fought an elephant and win. Fucking baws..
    There are moments when we guessed "oh this is it, rokuomi dead" and he still live. Rokuomi definitely one of my favourite side character. In terms of experience, he is winning. I say winning chance of rokuomi is 55%

Ryuukoku and Rokuomi are recognised as contenders to Shin/Mouten/Ouhon, but Akou it outright stated to be much strongsr than a substantially more experienced Ouhon.
    Ryuukoku and Rokuomi are considered above Shin, Mouten and Ouhon, not their equals; http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vyQW5RXZv5...YCw/s0/007.png

The Fire Dragons only reared their heads after the Shin and Ouhon set off, and by then their positions (vs Ouhon, Shin and Tou) were already known so Rokuomi was at no direct risk. Not to mention Tou had no problems sending Shin and Ouhon at the FDs even though they were far below Akou at the time.
    Tou considers Shin and Ouhon to be potential Q6 level, that's why he trusted them. The new gen are/were beneath all of Rokuomu/Akou/Ryuukoku prior to this arc, albeit the new gen have a haxx which can allow them do things the older guys can not.

- - - Updated - - -

Also don't forget Rokuomi has improved. Stat wise he jumped from 90-87-82 to 91-89-82. I'd give Akou a maximum of 91 str, high 80 leadership and mid 80 int.

Ryuukoku and Rokuomi are considered above Shin, Mouten and Ouhon, not their equals; http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vyQW5RXZv5...YCw/s0/007.png

Tou considers Shin and Ouhon to be potential Q6 level, that's why he trusted them. The new gen are/were beneath all of Rokuomu/Akou/Ryuukoku prior to this arc, albeit the new gen have a haxx which can allow them do things the older guys can not.
    Sounds to me like Shin was talking about rank, especially since his statement goes on to include all the other generals/commanders he doesn't yet know.

If Tou allowed Shin/Ouhon to go as he predicted their hax would allow them to pull miracles, I don't see why he couldn't also have ascertained there wouldn't be a FD where Rokuomi was going before sending him off (which would just require a scouting party).

Mouten has continually held the advantage over Kisui and Batei the whole war at every level, not just the occasional GG hax. Assuming he's not significantly ahead of Shin/Ouhon I would.place him right where Rokuomi and Ryuukoku are (or were, as of Choyou).

- - - Updated - - -

Also don't forget Rokuomi has improved. Stat wise he jumped from 90-87-82 to 91-89-82. I'd give Akou a maximum of 91 str, high 80 leadership and mid 80 int.
    Yeah, I said its plausible Rokuomi has since hit HK level, I was gauging him off CW/Choyou where he last had feats.

91 sounds like a plausible estimate but I don't also see why Akou couldn't have a 93 like many say Bananji does.

Sounds to me like Shin was talking about rank, especially since his statement goes on to include all the other generals/commanders he doesn't yet know.

If Tou allowed Shin/Ouhon to go as he predicted their hax would allow them to pull miracles, I don't see why he couldn't also have ascertained there wouldn't be a FD where Rokuomi was going before sending him off (which would just require a scouting party).

Mouten has continually held the advantage over Kisui and Batei the whole war at every level, not just the occasional GG hax. Assuming he's not significantly ahead of Shin/Ouhon I would.place him right where Rokuomi and Ryuukoku are (or were, as of Choyou).

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I said its plausible Rokuomi has since hit HK level, I was gauging him off CW/Choyou where he last had feats.

91 sounds like a plausible estimate but I don't also see why Akou couldn't have a 93 like many say Bananji does.
    because when Akou and Bananji exchanged blows Akou was mounted and Bananji wasn’t and they seem tied at that moment so if their both mounted the edge goes to Bananji.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusx8 View Post
    because when Akou and Bananji exchanged blows Akou was mounted and Bananji wasn’t and they seem tied at that moment so if their both mounted the edge goes to Bananji.
    IIRC the only time the 'mounted>non-mounted' thing was brought up was by that minister dude who was promptly made to look like a fool for thinking Gika could kill fucking Ouki by riding a horse- so I'm tempted to say he has no idea what he's talking about.

At the superhuman level Kingdom fighters operate at I don't think horses matter that much, Kyou was doing better on foot than on horseback against Houken, Futei/Kyoukai ars probably better on foot, hell even SBK and Gika were even despite Gika being on horseback soth the same stat

granted, this statement was made by mou ten who evidently underestimated roku o mi from the panel kanki posted earlier

IIRC the only time the 'mounted>non-mounted' thing was brought up was by that minister dude who was promptly made to look like a fool for thinking Gika could kill fucking Ouki by riding a horse- so I'm tempted to say he has no idea what he's talking about.
    don't think that's grounds to shoot the minister's credibility and deny that mounted fighters have a distinct advantage over the non-mounted. seemed it was clearly more that ou ki was just more of a monster than the minister imagined.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    granted, this statement was made by mou ten who evidently underestimated roku o mi from the panel kanki posted earlier

don't think that's grounds to shoot the minister's credibility and deny that mounted fighters have a distinct advantage over the non-mounted. seemed it was clearly more that ou ki was just more of a monster than the minister imagined.
    I still don't think Rokuomi is intended to be viewed on par with HK-level opponents, while Akou has been portrayed as such

Ouki was known to all of Qin as the strongest man in China, the minister likely also considered him as such, the fact that Gika could kill a legendary warrior by simply riding a horse is a colossal misjudgment which proves he doesn't actually know how strong fighters and soldiers can get, with that in mind I wouldn't trust his opinion on the finer points of martial arts

akou is grown up rokuomi in a lot of ways

he wins any battle, when it starts becoming a duel he risks a little more

At the superhuman level Kingdom fighters operate at I don't think horses matter that much, Kyou was doing better on foot than on horseback against Houken, Futei/Kyoukai ars probably better on foot, hell even SBK and Gika were even despite Gika being on horseback soth the same stat
    The whole mounted not mounted showed it self again when Shin went against Batei. A mounted Batei strike Shin who isn’t. Shin goes flying saying what power. Shin gets mounted himself and he clearly has the upper hand before his horse gives out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusx8 View Post
    The whole mounted not mounted showed it self again when Shin went against Batei. A mounted Batei strike Shin who isn’t. Shin goes flying saying what power. Shin gets mounted himself and he clearly has the upper hand before his horse gives out.
    Given Batei shattered his horse's legs with a downward strike and Shin being initially knocked back could be chalked to being caight surprise, this doesn't say much.

The guy who tried to beat Ouki and thought he had the advantage because he was on horseback wasn't wrong - he's a general so he would know that type of thing. He just had no idea how strong Ouki was.

I still don't think Rokuomi is intended to be viewed on par with HK-level opponents, while Akou has been portrayed as such

Ouki was known to all of Qin as the strongest man in China, the minister likely also considered him as such, the fact that Gika could kill a legendary warrior by simply riding a horse is a colossal misjudgment which proves he doesn't actually know how strong fighters and soldiers can get, with that in mind I wouldn't trust his opinion on the finer points of martial arts
    I don't think he has tbf. The 4HK are far more than generals on the field for eg. They can effortlessly lead 40 thousand soldiers, Genbou can organise an entire states affairs, Rinko has assassination mode, Kaishibou has heavy cavalry that can treat difficult terrain as if it were nothing, etc. These are elements which wouldn't even be needed or used in the current battle so we wouldn't see them. Rokuomi can have a 20k vs 20k clash with Rinko but it doesn't mean he has the other attributes that make the HK what they are.

Also Akou hasn't really gone toe to toe with Bananji or Chougaryu either. He was getting the better of Gakuei which is different entirely. His second wave was about to be destroyed by Banaji's first wave until Ouhon intervened and on the second day, it was Gakuei and (surprise attack) Chougaryu aiming to hit Ouhon before he managed do his awakening thing to bypass Chougaryu and cause Bananji (with his 9k troops) trouble which Akou (and his 19k troops) exploited.

That isn't the same as Akou standing up to a 4HK guy 1 on 1 at all, IMO. Not that Akou isn't impressive, because i think he is. I just rate Rokuomi highly too.

I don't think he has tbf. The 4HK are far more than generals on the field for eg. They can effortlessly lead 40 thousand soldiers, Genbou can organise an entire states affairs, Rinko has assassination mode, Kaishibou has heavy cavalry that can treat difficult terrain as if it were nothing, etc. These are elements which wouldn't even be needed or used in the current battle so we wouldn't see them. Rokuomi can have a 20k vs 20k clash with Rinko but it doesn't mean he has the other attributes that make the HK what they are.

Also Akou hasn't really gone toe to toe with Bananji or Chougaryu either. He was getting the better of Gakuei which is different entirely. His second wave was about to be destroyed by Banaji's first wave until Ouhon intervened and on the second day, it was Gakuei and (surprise attack) Chougaryu aiming to hit Ouhon before he managed do his awakening thing to bypass Chougaryu and cause Bananji (with his 9k troops) trouble which Akou (and his 19k troops) exploited.

That isn't the same as Akou standing up to a 4HK guy 1 on 1 at all, IMO. Not that Akou isn't impressive, because i think he is. I just rate Rokuomi highly too.
    ouhon and mouten have been portrayed at around 4hk level with ouhon's feats at wfd and this current arc and mouten stalemating kisui+batei, tbh i find ouhon's feats more impressive than any of the 4hk's and akou was stated to have cababilites that greatly outstrip his so im more impressed with his portrayal than some of the 4hk's portrayal.

akou doesnt need to go toe to toe with a 4hk level general, his subordinate already did that for himousenlul.jpg
    on the 2nd day eiki, the leader of the 8k detachment akou sent to help the gyoku hou stalled out chougaryuu stopping him from helping bananji out.
    Attached Images Attached Images