Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sorry

i just noticed you mentioned it before lol
    lol nah cool to see i wasn't the only one of that mind

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    What happens when Rinko simply goes for Mouten's men?
    he gets flanked by a detachment or whatever other elegant maneuver mou ten has in store
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    he gets flanked by a detachment or whatever other elegant maneuver mou ten has in store
    You're giving Mouten too much credit.

You're giving Mouten too much credit.
    even after mouten's recent showings?

even after mouten's recent showings?
    He's had an idea to *gasp* regroup soldiers that lost their commander and he's *gasp* outsmarting a lumberjack.

Which of the two makes him superior to someone who's been headhunting generals as if it were child's play?

Mouten is not to be underestimated

He's had an idea to *gasp* regroup soldiers that lost their commander and he's *gasp* outsmarting a lumberjack.

Which of the two makes him superior to someone who's been headhunting generals as if it were child's play?
    your face is a lumberjack

do you really need to downplay kisui to prove a point even ousen himself would disagree with you on? Maskman was so impressed by mouten's game he made him general on his legs, and gave him an entire wing.

your face is a lumberjack

do you really need to downplay kisui to prove a point even ousen himself would disagree with you on? Maskman was so impressed by mouten's game he made him general on his legs, and gave him an entire wing.

Whats stoping Rinko to use the same mobile tactic Mouten is using?

He has both the men and the experience to do so. Its not like separating units and hit and run tatics are super advanced things

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post

He has both the men and the experience to do so. Its not like separating units and hit and run tatics are super advanced things
    yeah that's pretty much what i think it's happening, that's the only sensed way rinko can fight mouten.

and i do think mouten handles a scattered hit&run chessboard better than rinko ultimately

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post

it's like asking: "what's stopping mou ten from using rin ko's same breakthrough tactic?"

mou ten's approach to this kind of tactic isn't exactly standard nor is his level of proficiency in that kind of warfare. just like with "breakthrough tactics" it can be argued that "hit and run tactics" by itself aren't advanced and rin ko could attempt one himself, but his experience wouldn't automatically mean he can execute it with the same level as skill as mou ten or that he'd be able to adopt the same exact approach and vice versa.

it's not like combating a tactic by emulating it is a simple matter, either way. the advantage would naturally go to whoever had the initiative.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

it's like asking: "what's stopping mou ten from using rin ko's same breakthrough tactic?"

mou ten's approach to this kind of tactic isn't exactly standard nor is his level of proficiency in that kind of warfare. just like with "breakthrough tactics" it can be argued that "hit and run tactics" by itself aren't advanced and rin ko could attempt one himself, but his experience wouldn't automatically mean he can execute it with the same level as skill as mou ten or that he'd be able to adopt the same exact approach and vice versa.

it's not like combating a tactic by emulating it is a simple matter, either way. the advantage would naturally go to whoever had the initiative.
    How exactly would a practitioner of guerrilla warfare like Rinko not be familiar with hit and run? That's literally what he did time and time again.

that's not what i said
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

that's not what i said
    It is though. You're saying Rinko will be caught off guard by Mouten's hit and run and will succumb to it if he were to attempt to (poorly) replicate it after Mouten's already taken the initiative.

I'm telling you that Rinko's gonna be the one who's gonna dig in first. The dude has decades of experience serving under one of the greatest generals to have ever lived and he's been a fully fledged general himself. His style of warfare if guerilla and breakthrough, something very similar to Mouten's own style.

Except Mouten is an upstart, makeshift general while Rinko is a seasoned general.

Its not the same. Theres a known factor stoping Mouten: the lack of the same martial power.

So Rinko clearly has the advantage IMO

It is though. You're saying Rinko will be caught off guard by Mouten's hit and run and will succumb to it if he were to attempt to (poorly) replicate it after Mouten's already taken the initiative.
    i said tactics can't really be countered simply by copying them. also that rin ko's proficiency in that form of warfare wouldn't necessarily be as high as mou ten's just because the former has a longer service record, and his approach wouldn't necessarily be the same either.

I'm telling you that Rinko's gonna be the one who's gonna dig in first. The dude has decades of experience serving under one of the greatest generals to have ever lived and he's been a fully fledged general himself. His style of warfare if guerilla and breakthrough, something very similar to Mouten's own style.
    rin ko's never been shown to utilize hit and run tactics in an actual battle, and his form of guerrilla warfare hasn't actually had any real similarities to mou ten's; outside of their both being forms of guerrilla warfare.

Except Mouten is an upstart, makeshift general while Rinko is a seasoned general.
    age doesn't really matter. talent has always allowed younger commanders to best "more seasoned" generals.

same way mou ten has been besting ki sui and ba tei in this war; both of whom are well-versed in guerrilla warfare and have decades worth of experience themselves
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

If you're gonna compare Kisui & Batei or their experience with Rinko, well, I'm done here.

i'm pretty sure ki sui actually has a longer service record lol, but the point obviously wasn't a comparison between the rigan brothers and rin ko
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

i'm pretty sure ki sui actually has a longer service record lol, but the point obviously wasn't a comparison between the rigan brothers and rin ko
    You were trying to say that Mouten can best people who have more experience.

Rinko has not only been taught strategy by Genbou since the day he was picked up as an orphan, he served under Renpa. Kisui had what, skirmishes between cities? Even his experience stat is lower than Rinko's. Point is, there's a massive disparity in quality of the experience they've been through.

Sorry but between rinko and Kisui theres a big gap in experience AND portrayal.

I'd say their talent as a commander is pretty even now but Rinko is still a better duelist. But obviously Mouten would play cat and mouse.

I think no one wins here. It would be a draw and they would have both to retreat.