Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Another fucking set up chapter?

We're multiple arcs into the time skip and Oda is still pulling moves that's only supposed to happen in the fresh outta time skip arc, meaning as long as he wants with every fight he can have Luffy have a flashback with Rayleigh and give him a new power

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another fucking set up chapter?

We're multiple arcs into the time skip and Oda is still pulling moves that's only supposed to happen in the fresh outta time skip arc, meaning as long as he wants with every fight he can have Luffy have a flashback with Rayleigh and give him a new power
    Breaking the mold of Shonen tropes is a bad thing now? What, your hero Mashima wouldn’t have done this?

If only the hopelessly wrong were as humble as they are stupid.

Zoro is nothing but an ant to Luffy now

Luffy should have fought and been practicing CoO multiple arcs ago, not conveniently against a 1st mate but whatever. Same dance very weak from me and everyone in Wano is about to be baffled by how to deal with CoO despite it originally seeming common place among Upper tier fighters.

Snack only has a 600m bounty? Then how low are Oven and Dai's? Why would it be lower than Peros and potentially Compote if he was higher ranked? It's like Oda is about to shit all over Urouge's accomplishment.

Smoothie just gets bigger? No more interesting uses for her fruit?? Compote will end up the forgotten child huh?

Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    Luffy should have fought and been practicing CoO multiple arcs ago, not conveniently against a 1st mate but whatever. Same dance very weak from me and everyone in Wano is about to be baffled by how to deal with CoO despite it originally seeming common place among Upper tier fighters.

Snack only has a 600m bounty? Then how low are Oven and Dai's? Why would it be lower than Peros and potentially Compote if he was higher ranked? It's like Oda is about to shit all over Urouge's accomplishment.

Smoothie just gets bigger? No more interesting uses for her fruit?? Compote will end up the forgotten child huh?
    Why is it weird for Perospero to have 100 milllon on his little brother? He probably has more than a decade of experience on him. Snack’s bounty doesn’t have to reflect his strength to a T. It’s still higher than Ace or Chinjao, and as much as Sabo. Big Mom acknowledges that he’s her third strongest son, and ranked him accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by giantbiceps View Post
    Zoro is nothing but an ant to Luffy now
    Nah, he and Law embarrassed Inu, Neku, and every Samurai a week ago in story. No question now, King and the Shogun are going down to 1on1s with Zoro and Luffy. Only high diff battles too. Jack getting owned on entry by Lion-mode Inu&Neku. Queen will be non-entity like Smoothie and Compote.

Drake, Killer, and Kidd will be lucky to get screen time like Bart.

Nah, he and Law embarrassed Inu, Neku, and every Samurai a week ago in story. No question now, King and the Shogun are going down to 1on1s with Zoro and Luffy. Only high diff battles too. Jack getting owned on entry by Lion-mode Inu&Neku. Queen will be non-entity like Smoothie and Compote.

Drake, Killer, and Kidd will be lucky to get screen time like Bart.
    You gone insane bro?

Retired
    Dayum is still adjusting to the fact that all his conceptions of the series have fallen apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    Why is it weird for Perospero to have 100 milllon on his little brother? He probably has more than a decade of experience on him. Snack’s bounty doesn’t have to reflect his strength to a T. It’s still higher than Ace or Chinjao, and as much as Sabo. Big Mom acknowledges that he’s her third strongest son, and ranked him accordingly.
    But does the WG?? Just being a Commander should raise his bounty. Snack should also theoretically have more authority than his elder siblings which would increase his threat level beyond them. You don't think it will be weird if Iva was revealed to have a higher bounty than Sabo?? They likely don't even know much of what Sabo can do so his bounty is solely based on his position while the WG should have a good idea on Snack unless they know him solely by his title and he somehow stayed under the radar his entire pirate career.

Retired
    But does the WG?? Just being a Commander should raise his bounty. Snack should also theoretically have more authority than his elder siblings which would increase his threat level beyond them. You don't think it will be weird if Iva was revealed to have a higher bounty than Sabo?? They likely don't even know much of what Sabo can do so his bounty is solely based on his position while the WG should have a good idea on Snack unless they know him solely by his title and he somehow stayed under the radar his entire pirate career.
    Or maybe he just didn’t go around committing heinous acts and turning people into candy like Perospero? Like, why did Kid have a higher bounty than Luffy both before and right after the time skip? Because he was barbaric and murderous. Not because he was stronger. Not only does Snack have less experience than Perospero, he might just be less willing to torment people than his big bro.

Or maybe he just didn’t go around committing heinous acts and turning people into candy like Perospero? Like, why did Kid have a higher bounty than Luffy both before and right after the time skip? Because he was barbaric and murderous. Not because he was stronger. Not only does Snack have less experience than Perospero, he might just be less willing to torment people than his big bro.

but but but but but but bounties = power levels !!! reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dayum is still adjusting to the fact that all his conceptions of the series have fallen apart.
    Or I'm acknowledging what happened to most of the Gladiators, Law, Jora, Buffalo, Del, Bobbin, and the Seats wasn't an anomaly or bump in the road but a trend Oda will continue with the remaining SN, Samurai, remaining enemy commanders, and even Sanji&Germa. Pretty much the entire clone army story thread went nowhere. All it will be is a side helping Luffy in the final war.

Do you disagree with something I said? You think after Kata goes down, Luffy receives his upgrades, and after what Oda has done(or really not done) with Sanji, the Vinnesmokes, and all the BM pirates excluding Kata we're going to see the opposite at Wano? It will be Luffy and Zoro's show entirely in the latter half of Wano. Ussop(not Law, Kidd, King, or Drake) will get the 3rd most shine. If I'm completely wrong then awesome.

It's almost like everyone forgets that bounties don't Equal a characters strength but instead what the world government knows they have accomplished and their bounty is set accordingly, this ain't toriko or NNT or DB etc. as the only actual power levels we got in the series was with the CP9 and that was long forgotten about.
    Last edited by Dank Sinatra; 02-07-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Like I said, just being above him in rank should put him over him since he commands this nasty guy(Peros) and should be stronger on top of it. So if Compote is higher it's just due to age if nothing implies she was nasty and barbaric? I guess we're playing this game now where disagreeing with rationalizations makes me the the most ignorant person in the world regardless of the validity of the points actually brought up.

Kidd obviously must have been stronger too or do you think Wano Kidd will be as weak as pre-Doffy Luffy? Not a sensical comparison either since they are not a part of the same crew.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrack View Post
    but but but but but but bounties = power levels !!! reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    My post was talking about authority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dank Sinatra View Post
    It's almost like everyone forgets that bounties don't Equal a characters strength but instead what the world government knows they have accomplished and their bounty is set accordingly, this ain't toriko or NNT as the only actual power levels we got in the series was with the CP9 and that was long forgotten about.
    So why wouldn't the WG find the man who commands the weaker but nastier guy a bigger threat?

Like I said, just being above him in rank should put him over him since he commands this nasty guy(Peros) and should be stronger on top of it. So if Compote is higher it's just due to age if nothing implies she was nasty and barbaric? I guess we're playing this game now where disagreeing with rationalizations makes me the the most ignorant person in the world regardless of the validity of the points actually brought up.

Kidd obviously must have been stronger too or do you think Wano Kidd will be as weak as pre-Doffy Luffy? Not a sensically comparison either since they are not apart of the game group but

- - - Updated - - -

My post was talking about authority.

- - - Updated - - -

So why wouldn't the WG find the man who commanders the weaker but nastier guy a bigger threat?
    I've reread your question several times and I still don't know what the hell you're asking lol.

Retired
    Or I'm acknowledging what happened to most of the Gladiators, Law, Jora, Buffalo, Del, Bobbin, and the Seats wasn't an anomaly or bump in the road but a trend Oda will continue with the remaining SN, Samurai, remaining enemy commanders, and even Sanji&Germa. Pretty much the entire clone army story thread went nowhere. All it will be is a side helping Luffy in the final war.
    Buffalo? Dellinger? Giolla? Those were only high-ranking mooks to begin with. Who was hyping them up?

Umm... Oda’s not gonna treat the Supernovas like the Seats or Bobbin. Law had a 150 chapter saga revolving around him, and Capone has consistently stolen the spotlight throughout Zou and Totto Land. Kid, Killer, Drake and everyone will get their dues. Oda even included them in those panels with the Yonko and Shichibukai.

You don’t yet know Germa 66’s role in the story. Remember their connection to Vegapunk, and that they might actually go to the Reverie since their deal with Big Mom didn’t pan out. Hell, we don’t even know what their final act in this arc will be. It’s clear that Oda’s playing a long hand with them.

Do you disagree with something I said? You think after Kata goes down, Luffy receives his upgrades, and after what Oda has done(or really not done) with Sanji, the Vinnesmokes, and all the BM pirates excluding Kata we're going to see the opposite at Wano? It will be Luffy and Zoro's show entirely in the latter half of Wano. Ussop(not Law, Kidd, King, or Drake) will get the 3rd most shine. If I'm completely wrong then awesome.
    Will Kaido’s crew live up to expectations? Of course not. Anyone who’s been paying attention knows that. But they’ll still be more menacing than Big Mom’s goons, since defeating them is the actual goal and not some stealth mission.

Breaking the mold of Shonen tropes is a bad thing now? What, your hero Mashima wouldn’t have done this?

If only the hopelessly wrong were as humble as they are stupid.

No, because now Oda can do this for every fight.

Any time Luffy has trouble he can just have a flashback to a different lesson Rayleigh taught him and get a new power

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    No, because now Oda can do this for every fight.

Any time Luffy has trouble he can just have a flashback to a different lesson Rayleigh taught him and get a new power
    that would make for a pretty good meme

luffy puts on shoes for the first time, cant tie laces (flashback to rayleigh) can now tie laces
    luffy goes on a date with hancock, struggling in bed (flashback to rayleigh) ........

Retired
    Who’s more dangerous to the WG? The strong commander with less experience, who thinks thing through and is less willing to start altercations; or the slightly weaker subordinate who has a sadistic streak and penchant for terrorizing people? Not saying this is a valid analogy for Snack and Perospero, by the way, just that there are other variables to take into consideration. Temperament obviously played a big role in Kid’s bounty. It’s not a weird “rationalizion” by any stretch. It keeps the bounty system dynamic and from becoming just another douriki reading.

Katakuri about to get that Doflamingo treatment from that snake man form