Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Ordeal of Blood" like tournament interest check

The OoB in the One Piece section is pretty much dead now but I thought this medium would translate very well to BNHA. We could call it sports festival or something.

The basic premise is that we create a numbered tier list for the characters n BNHA and then each participant purchases characters and forms a team. The teams are then sent to fight each other in a tournament. Each person who picked a team comes up with a strat for how their team will win and then ultimately we vote on the winners of the match.

If there's enough interest in this we could start by making a basic tier list

I was really interested in the real ordeal of blood but no one seems to have any interest

anyways, I am interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was really interested in the real ordeal of blood but no one seems to have any interest

anyways, I am interested.
    With this type of game it's usually more fun the weaker the characters are. Way back on NF people would come up with all sorts of crazy strategies and it was fun. But as One Piece got a time skip and the main cast became massively stronger and it was harder to nail down power levels exactly I wasn't as into it and I don't think many others were as well.

Which is why I think BNHA verse would be perfect because the characters are a lot "weaker" and strategies would be rewarded for creativity or trying to come up with a way around another team's powers.

- - - Updated - - -

Ideally I would also like to start off with only the students and lower tier characters in general and maybe work our way up to hero level characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    With this type of game it's usually more fun the weaker the characters are. Way back on NF people would come up with all sorts of crazy strategies and it was fun. But as One Piece got a time skip and the main cast became massively stronger and it was harder to nail down power levels exactly I wasn't as into it and I don't think many others were as well.

Which is why I think BNHA verse would be perfect because the characters are a lot "weaker" and strategies would be rewarded for creativity or trying to come up with a way around another team's powers.

- - - Updated - - -

Ideally I would also like to start off with only the students and lower tier characters in general and maybe work our way up to hero level characters.
    yea fair enough

So we can start off with the class 1-A students and sprinkle in some 1-B and other relevant students in there, then we can add more characters like from the hero license exam, or even some villains, etc.

For example, let's say our Budget is 35 points

30 point tier

Shouto Todoroki

20 point tier

Katsuki Bakugo
    Midoriya

10 point tier

Tenya Iida
    Kirishima
    Denki Kaminari
    Fumikage Tokoyami

5 point tier

Yuga Aoyama
    Mina
    Tsuyu
    Ochaco Uraraka
    Mashirao Ojiro
    Kouji Kouda
    Rikidou Sato
    Shouji
    Jirou
    Hanta Sero
    Toru Hagakure
    Mineta
    Momo
    Itsuka
    Ibara
    Tetsutetsu
    Monoma
    Hatsume Mei

Just a bare bones example, we can move around characters and take the 5 pt tier and maybe make some 3 or 2 pointers as well. You get the idea.

I've never gotten to actually take part of or even witness an OoB, so I'm interested.

This looks like a fun idea. I'm interested.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

C'mon people, this sounds like a lot of fun.

Its fun it just requires a lot of work

Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    All the mafia lovers shouldn't have too much of a problem with that, I would think.

Yea maybe

Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    Part of that is because our autism tho tbh

Yea 5 characters each. How about that?

Come on guys, it sounds interesting. Join!

hmm I am in already

Alright we got a handful of players interested, for reference here's our tier

For example, let's say our Budget is 35 points

30 point tier

Shouto Todoroki

20 point tier

Katsuki Bakugo
    Midoriya

10 point tier

Tenya Iida
    Kirishima
    Denki Kaminari
    Fumikage Tokoyami

5 point tier

Yuga Aoyama
    Mina
    Tsuyu
    Ochaco Uraraka
    Mashirao Ojiro
    Kouji Kouda
    Rikidou Sato
    Shouji
    Jirou
    Hanta Sero
    Toru Hagakure
    Mineta
    Momo
    Itsuka
    Ibara
    Tetsutetsu
    Monoma
    Hatsume Mei
    The next step of the process is discussing these tier placements and restrictions on characters. Then we select some in-manga locations for our matches to take place in. Then we can start playing.

Now as far as restrictions go the most important one I think would be Todoroki. We should restrict the capacity of his ice/fire range so he doesn't instantly end matches. So if someone could grab a scan of say him using a medium size ice/fire attack we can use that as a basis for his max range.

We could also maybe restrict Deku using 100% but that has its own inherent drawbacks as well so we can decide if we wanna do that or not.

Other than that idk restrict momo from making guns and shit. I prefer not to go to crazy with the restrictions, just do what's necessary.

Then we select 5 or 6 locations (for now) that teams are randomized to fight in. Generally the locations are structurally a bit different so it keeps things interesting. Starting distance can be short and open line of sight like in the sport arena, others could be Long distance apart and no line of sight. Just basically get a short but diverse amount of fighting locations, I remember a few from the manga but I don't know their exact names

after that we can each make our teams and get started

Alright we got a handful of players interested, for reference here's our tier

The next step of the process is discussing these tier placements and restrictions on characters. Then we select some in-manga locations for our matches to take place in. Then we can start playing.

Now as far as restrictions go the most important one I think would be Todoroki. We should restrict the capacity of his ice/fire range so he doesn't instantly end matches. So if someone could grab a scan of say him using a medium size ice/fire attack we can use that as a basis for his max range.

We could also maybe restrict Deku using 100% but that has its own inherent drawbacks as well so we can decide if we wanna do that or not.

Other than that idk restrict momo from making guns and shit. I prefer not to go to crazy with the restrictions, just do what's necessary.

Then we select 5 or 6 locations (for now) that teams are randomized to fight in. Generally the locations are structurally a bit different so it keeps things interesting. Starting distance can be short and open line of sight like in the sport arena, others could be Long distance apart and no line of sight. Just basically get a short but diverse amount of fighting locations, I remember a few from the manga but I don't know their exact names

after that we can each make our teams and get started
    Instead of the restrictions, I'd say we add up the higher tiers. There is a tier list anyway, so that will help. Its better to start this with the maximum amount of options possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    Instead of the restrictions, I'd say we add up the higher tiers. There is a tier list anyway, so that will help. Its better to start this with the maximum amount of options possible.
    We'd probably would add the restriction even if we had stronger characters. There are characters that can handle todoroki but if we just have him unrestricted the match just revolves around "giant iceberg gg". It becomes less about strategy and more about a specific match up or straight power match up

Tier list looks solid, however Kirishima is a little bit underrated here. He should be worth 20 points considering his Unbreakable form. Even before upgrading his Quirk, he has shown some good durability feats. For example, tanking lots of Bakugou's explosions with no effort and surviving a fall of a giant robot, that one frozen by Todoroki. As for restrictions, we definitely have to restrict Dark Shadow's night version. Tokoyami's Quirk is simply too strong during night, as he could easily defeat an opponent which Todoroki and Bakugou were struggling against. Also, let's say Momo can't create everything. We don't know the extend of her knowledge, but it'd be stupid to assume she can create anything. Just wait for someone to choose her and make a strategy of her creating a thermonuclear weapon.

Todoroki's abilities have to be restricted that's for sure. As Ultra said, pretty much everyone'd say "Todoroki creates a large scaled attack and wins", that's not fun. Let's say he can use the attacks on that scale:

Pure freezing potency is another thing, let's say him freezing a building should be allowed. His fire attacks don't have a massive range like his ice attacks, so let's leave that aside.

I don't agree with restricting Deku. He's worth 20 points which is quite a lot, and his Quirk has an obvious drawback. He can't use more than 7% of his power without damaging his body. And 100% One For All'd instantly destroy his whole body, the only reason he was able to use it was due to Eri's Quirk.

There are a few random locations: Sports Festival arena, Musutafu city (some weaker character may have an advantage in built-up area), Unforeseen Simulation Joint (that place where 1-A was attacked by Shigaraki and his homies), a forest (random one), and so on. I'll of more locations later on.

@Ultra; what do you think?