View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5

    1 3.70%
  • 2/5

    4 14.81%
  • 3/5

    1 3.70%
  • 4/5

    10 37.04%
  • 5/5

    11 40.74%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 75 of 75
  1. #61
    I'm going to be making people neurotic about posting their real thoughts if I keep up that attitude I was lol
    - I just thought things were a little miserable, and was in a bad mood, so I ended up being rather crass.

    I love Mochi Man. Him and his Square Mochi Punches. He really did Luffy dirty while he was paralyzed omggg

    What do you think might occur during this final phase? Or what might you hope for.

  2. #62
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcguint View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to be making people neurotic about posting their real thoughts if I keep up that attitude I was lol
    - I just thought things were a little miserable, and was in a bad mood, so I ended up being rather crass.

    I love Mochi Man. Him and his Square Mochi Punches. He really did Luffy dirty while he was paralyzed omggg

    What do you think might occur during this final phase? Or what might you hope for.
    Well now that theyre apparently on the same level, we're probably going to see a more evenly matched fight with a lot of evasions (due to the fact that both combatants are proficient with COO) and a bit of back and forth.

    Itll probably end in clichéd fashion, with katakuri pushing ahead at the last moment only to get nailed by luffy as hes in the process of delivering the killer blow






    Not everyone dies because they want to die.

    Most of them die against their will

  3. #63
    ahahahahaha giantbiceps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    shut your fucking mouth


  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So after striking Luffy last chapter Luffy can still evade a ton of blows and the only reason he tagged him at all was because his sister interfered @_@? How did he not notice the arrows being shot at Luffy and not sense their were others there?

    I liked Kata's development. Luffy's is garbage if after all these injuries the handful of G4 blows and the spear just equaled everything.



    All Oda had to do is:
    1. Not make Luffy look so weak during DR.
    2. Not jump straight into the Yonkou which has only been possible by making the BM pirates either incompetent(Dai/Opera) or have zero agency (Smoothie/Compote) or by pouring on the PIS.
    3. Give us at least one Doffy level boss Luffy takes on 100% solo before WCI.

    Oda had the other SN, Yonkou Allied Pirates, level 6 inmates, and Silver Medalists he could have used as stepping stones. Instead he seems to be writing most groups out of the story and Luffy will leave Wano having zero rivals and enter the arc superior to Kidd, Drake, and I guess now Jack, Queen, and the Shogun too.
    I don't know what made Luffy look weak during DR. He was almost fighting on par with Doflamingo until he brought G4. He could've fight longer in base like he is doing against Katakuri without even get as much beaten, but because of the bird cage he had to end the fight quickly.

    All Oda could've done is that made Luffy beat Cracker without outside help.


  5. #65
    Sincerely Insincere Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    29,758
    Katakuri is downright awesome


  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what made Luffy look weak during DR. He was almost fighting on par with Doflamingo until he brought G4. He could've fight longer in base like he is doing against Katakuri without even get as much beaten, but because of the bird cage he had to end the fight quickly.

    All Oda could've done is that made Luffy beat Cracker without outside help.
    Luffy spent about 3000 years playing around with Bellamy when he could've just immobilized him and gone to help Law. Oda also made it seem like the damage Luffy took from Bellamy was equivocal to the damage Doflamingo too from Gamma Knife, which made no sense. Oda also made Luffy less effective against Doflamingo (in their first scuffle, Base Luffy with hardening was almost going toe-to-toe with Doflamingo but later on he's effectively helpless) and really, he made Luffy look weak a LOT in Part 2 which he did to create fake tension. We also have Doflamingo holding back the entire fight for reasons that are never explored or explained. Doflamingo was just too strong to have Luffy beat him as he did and Luffy has continued to fight stronger people without Oda doing a good job of naturally beefing Luffy up to go along with it. So instead, Luffy just takes a beating and is simply stronger for it.

    Luffy could've just been stronger, period. Not so helpless against Doflamingo. And Luffy doesn't always have to be the one doing everything. The 10 minute thing was killer for the pacing of everything. Made everyone look like fools. Instead of Doflamingo inexplicably failing to catch up with some fodder (Gatz) using Awakened String and getting distracted with Violet and Rebecca, have him fight people who actually matter. People who can actually hold him up.

    I mean, it's not like Oda doesn't know how to do this. He wrote Luffy just fine for hundreds of chapters and his wins never felt as contrived and outlandish as they do now with trees and fodder literally handing him the win. Heck, at least make it believable.

    But anyway. Katakuri is an interesting character. Not sure what's going to happen to him and the rest of the Big Mom pirates after this. Don't know how you can recover from something like this.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luffy spent about 3000 years playing around with Bellamy when he could've just immobilized him and gone to help Law. Oda also made it seem like the damage Luffy took from Bellamy was equivocal to the damage Doflamingo too from Gamma Knife, which made no sense. Oda also made Luffy less effective against Doflamingo (in their first scuffle, Base Luffy with hardening was almost going toe-to-toe with Doflamingo but later on he's effectively helpless) and really, he made Luffy look weak a LOT in Part 2 which he did to create fake tension. We also have Doflamingo holding back the entire fight for reasons that are never explored or explained. Doflamingo was just too strong to have Luffy beat him as he did and Luffy has continued to fight stronger people without Oda doing a good job of naturally beefing Luffy up to go along with it. So instead, Luffy just takes a beating and is simply stronger for it.

    Luffy could've just been stronger, period. Not so helpless against Doflamingo. And Luffy doesn't always have to be the one doing everything. The 10 minute thing was killer for the pacing of everything. Made everyone look like fools. Instead of Doflamingo inexplicably failing to catch up with some fodder (Gatz) using Awakened String and getting distracted with Violet and Rebecca, have him fight people who actually matter. People who can actually hold him up.

    I mean, it's not like Oda doesn't know how to do this. He wrote Luffy just fine for hundreds of chapters and his wins never felt as contrived and outlandish as they do now with trees and fodder literally handing him the win. Heck, at least make it believable.

    But anyway. Katakuri is an interesting character. Not sure what's going to happen to him and the rest of the Big Mom pirates after this. Don't know how you can recover from something like this.
    I dont think Luffy took as much damage as Doflamingo took from gamma knife. The whole fight against Bellamy, Luffy wasnt even trying and just when he got serious he oneshoted him. After the gamma knife Luffy was almost beating Doflamingo until he recovered from it. But even after that Luffy didnt take as much beating as he took from Katakuri, the only reason he decided to use G4 was because of the birdcage.

    But yea, there were a lot of shitty writing in Dressrosa like Doflamingo's awakening, the whole thing with Doflamingo getting distracted by Viola and Rebecca, or him not being able to do anything to a hakiless Luffy etc. But that doesnt have much to do with the current power levels of the characters.


  8. #68
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luffy spent about 3000 years playing around with Bellamy when he could've just immobilized him and gone to help Law. Oda also made it seem like the damage Luffy took from Bellamy was equivocal to the damage Doflamingo too from Gamma Knife, which made no sense. Oda also made Luffy less effective against Doflamingo (in their first scuffle, Base Luffy with hardening was almost going toe-to-toe with Doflamingo but later on he's effectively helpless) and really, he made Luffy look weak a LOT in Part 2 which he did to create fake tension. We also have Doflamingo holding back the entire fight for reasons that are never explored or explained. Doflamingo was just too strong to have Luffy beat him as he did and Luffy has continued to fight stronger people without Oda doing a good job of naturally beefing Luffy up to go along with it. So instead, Luffy just takes a beating and is simply stronger for it.

    Luffy could've just been stronger, period. Not so helpless against Doflamingo. And Luffy doesn't always have to be the one doing everything. The 10 minute thing was killer for the pacing of everything. Made everyone look like fools. Instead of Doflamingo inexplicably failing to catch up with some fodder (Gatz) using Awakened String and getting distracted with Violet and Rebecca, have him fight people who actually matter. People who can actually hold him up.

    I mean, it's not like Oda doesn't know how to do this. He wrote Luffy just fine for hundreds of chapters and his wins never felt as contrived and outlandish as they do now with trees and fodder literally handing him the win. Heck, at least make it believable.

    But anyway. Katakuri is an interesting character. Not sure what's going to happen to him and the rest of the Big Mom pirates after this. Don't know how you can recover from something like this.
    Luffy was far from helpless against doflamingo prior to awakening and g4 coming into play.

    He landed a good share of hits, evaded breakwhite and overheat, reacted to almost all of doflamingos kicks and gained his praise.






    Not everyone dies because they want to die.

    Most of them die against their will

  9. #69
    King of Connect 4 DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,112
    One doesn't interfere in a duel between men.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what made Luffy look weak during DR. He was almost fighting on par with Doflamingo until he brought G4. He could've fight longer in base like he is doing against Katakuri without even get as much beaten, but because of the bird cage he had to end the fight quickly.

    All Oda could've done is that made Luffy beat Cracker without outside help.
    He fought well for a chapter then we're told Hawk attacks are too weak and G3 Attacks are too slow. Where was it ever implied he only used G4 to speed up the right? It was the only way to win period. Fact Doffy took a few G4 attacks and could still keep going, not to mention the reveal of awakening, shows Luffy was completely out of his depth. Taking G4 means G3 connecting wouldn't have done shit anyway like RH barely slowed him down. CoO didn't exist either all of DR.

    Doffy on the other hand was not using Dark Knight, Over Bright, string kicks, and Oda pretended Parasite didn't exist, not to mention any other possible versatile uses for his fruit Oda could have introduced. He was restricted from using his full potential yet was still overwhelming.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcguint View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of you whine so damn much, it's unreal to read these comments. I'm sorry.

    You can't complain every fucking chapter, all right? You just can't. And, if you do, you should seriously consider whether this is healthy or not for you.

    @ Great Potato and whoever else seems to be bothered every time you got a chance to speak.
    The complaint is what this means for the remainder of the series. Sorry, but I don't like when the MC can take infinite damage and then just wins anyway like Ichigo and Natsu.

    I liked OP because it was not like this before. Kata was fine, but we've been complaining about LUffy's development all of part 2. Notice that is the main consistent complaint. That and only select characters getting good development while dozens of others become tertiary characters constantly sidelined or embarrassed or completely outshine when they do step onto the stage.

    I liked OP because it did a good job developing most of it's characters even if they only got brief spotlight. Now we don't get fights and the villains mostly get generic personalities.
    Last edited by Dayum; 02-06-2018 at 05:22 AM.

  11. #71
    Totally understandable, Dayum. It's not the complaints themselves that I'm bothered by. It's how often they occur.

    There seems to be someone shitting on the writer every single chapter discussion. Then, you say you have faith in him. Then threaten to stop reading. Then, you're here again next week making more complaints about basically the same things (not you, specifically).

    Either stop complaining altogether, or find some way to cope better with this series not quite holding up to expectations.

    I won't tell people to just stop reading altogether, I've heard the reactions to that where people respond they've been reading for too long to just put it down so easily. But, c'mon, let's try to enjoy the damn thing. There's always this negative atmosphere associated to these discussions revolving around what people consider constitutes good writing. If it's so damn bad for those people, I question whether or not this is a healthy activity.
    Last edited by Mcguint; 02-03-2018 at 10:55 PM.

  12. #72
    No complaints in this thread came off as vitriolic tho. GP stated his opinion of how inconsistent Luffy CoO will be later. I was disappointed that Kata may be portrayed as just as injured as Luffy from a few G4 hits and one strike of his spear(and his sister being the only reason he even landed) after smashing him for 5 or so hours.

    We're older and remembering better days and instead of WCI being a return to form it's steering into the territory of series I began reading OP to get away from.

  13. #73
    Potato's fine. I shouldn't have named names.

    Like I said earlier, I was being crass. So, I wanted to steer things in another direction. Let's try that.

    I haven't seen a lot of what you've had to say yet, Dayum. Would you like to tell me more about what you think, perhaps? What might you like to see in the upcoming chapter?

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He fought well for a chapter then we're told Hawk attacks are too weak and G3 Attacks are too slow. Where was it ever implied he only used G4 to speed up the right? It was the only way to win period. Fact Doffy took a few G4 attacks and could still keep going, not to mention the reveal of awakening, shows Luffy was completely out of his depth. Taking G4 means G4 connecting wouldn't have done shit anyway like RH barely slowed him down. CoO didn't exist either all of DR.

    Doffy on the other hand was not using Dark Knight, Over Bright, string kicks, and Oda pretended Parasite didn't exist, not to mention any other possible versatile uses for his fruit Oda could have introduced. He was restricted from using his full potential yet was still overwhelming.
    Doflamingo underestimated Luffy the whole fight. Even after Luffy used G4, Doflamingo was laughing at him, even after he was sent flying for miles Doflamingo didnt bother to use his awakening or other techniques, he thought he could beat Luffy by overpowering him physically. He thought he was god, he even said it himself.

    But in Katakuri's case it was different, he took Luffy as worthy opponent, though he knew Luffy was never as strong as him but he never underestimated Luffy.


  15. #75
    early chapter this week

    from reddit: Japan celebrates Foundation day on February the 12th, monday, so issue #11 of the WSJ will be published the Saturday before, as it has happened before we might be getting spoilers and the chapter 2 days earlier.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •