1 4.00%
  • 4/5

10 40.00%
  • 5/5

9 36.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was bad. First of all, Luffy is going to grow even stronger for no particular reason. It's so simple in his case. Just add the flashback scenes of him training with Rayleigh, you don't have to worry about the fans saying that something wasn't foreshadowed. Secondly, now that Katakuri stabbed himself, it's pretty much obvious he's going to go down because of that. Luffy should've died several chapters ago, but he keeps refusing to die despite having absolutely no strength left. Aside from bullshit that happened in this chapter, Katakuri was cool, I guess.
    How is the training with Rayleigh not foreshadowed? How is this "no particular reason"?

Again I wonder, when did this forum reached the conclusion that Luffy is supposed to be an eternal mid tier punching bag to whoever is above him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    How else will Luffy grow stronger if its not in the middle of a fight. I am pretty sure people will be pissed if Luffy brings up another asspull like G4.

Another timeskip? So whats the point of the previous timeskip? If Luffy just gets beaten against all the commander level fighters and above in the up coming arcs, what the difference between pre timeskip Luffy and the current one if he needs another timeskip?

People will still complain about how the previous timeskip was useless or how OP is draging due to Luffy having fight with the opponents that defeated him previously. As yonkos, admiral and commanders(first mates) are the only ones above him right now, who are top tiers.
    Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    Someone had a good explanation for this in the spoiler thread. Most of the Charlotte family are just gonks or all-around grotesque, but Katakuri and Pudding are conventionally attractive people with a single bizarre feature. The third eye and eel mouth make them cross over into the uncanny valley.

This is also One Piece, where you should expect something as goofy as Big Mom deriding a cute girl for her looks.
    I don't believe that most of the charlotte family are Ugly. But even if they were the premise of Totland is to be a place of acceptance to all races, surely something like a third eye or an eel mouth should not be that much of a deal breaker. The fact i that Oda is just forcing another forced contrived sad character backstory down our throats, when none is needed.

For me it Was a great chapter. Katakuri was absolutly a badass.

Katakuri killed it this chapter. There were theories that luffy would not defeat katakuri because his coo was weakened and he would let him rest. 5/5
    [/SIGPIC]This world gives me oranges and expects lemonade.

So after striking Luffy last chapter Luffy can still evade a ton of blows and the only reason he tagged him at all was because his sister interfered @_@? How did he not notice the arrows being shot at Luffy and not sense their were others there?

I liked Kata's development. Luffy's is garbage if after all these injuries the handful of G4 blows and the spear just equaled everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    How else will Luffy grow stronger if its not in the middle of a fight. I am pretty sure people will be pissed if Luffy brings up another asspull like G4.

Another timeskip? So whats the point of the previous timeskip? If Luffy just gets beaten against all the commander level fighters and above in the up coming arcs, what the difference between pre timeskip Luffy and the current one if he needs another timeskip?

People will still complain about how the previous timeskip was useless or how OP is draging due to Luffy having fight with the opponents that defeated him previously. As yonkos, admiral and commanders(first mates) are the only ones above him right now, who are top tiers.
    All Oda had to do is:
    1. Not make Luffy look so weak during DR.
    2. Not jump straight into the Yonkou which has only been possible by making the BM pirates either incompetent(Dai/Opera) or have zero agency (Smoothie/Compote) or by pouring on the PIS.
    3. Give us at least one Doffy level boss Luffy takes on 100% solo before WCI.

Oda had the other SN, Yonkou Allied Pirates, level 6 inmates, and Silver Medalists he could have used as stepping stones. Instead he seems to be writing most groups out of the story and Luffy will leave Wano having zero rivals and enter the arc superior to Kidd, Drake, and I guess now Jack, Queen, and the Shogun too.
    Last edited by Dayum; 02-03-2018 at 04:30 AM.

I don't even see how Oda will be able to write Luffy after this. His plot armor went full force and just cranked his CoO up to apparently be able to contend with the top of the world. Oda has been pretty poor in utilizing his observation haki already, but now we'll just have to shrug our shoulders whenever Luffy inevitably gets caught off guard by anything despite his Katakuri level future sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    I don't even see how Oda will be able to write Luffy after this. His plot armor went full force and just cranked his CoO up to apparently be able to contend with the top of the world. Oda has been pretty poor in utilizing his observation haki already, but now we'll just have to shrug our shoulders whenever Luffy inevitably gets caught off guard by anything despite his Katakuri level future sight.
    Not really. Luffy has to focus on defending it seems. Him getting caught later can easily be explained by him not being in battle mode or focused on another character. Here he was less focused on Kata and more on anything coming his way.

Though at some point Luffy was always supposed to eventually get on the level where he should be immune to getting tagged by fodder even when not paying attention like BM and WB. What's poor is that it growth wasn't gradual and outside of Kata and the scattered scenes with Kinemon, Vergo, Ussop, and Caribou CoO has been largely ignored when we should have seen differnet layers and levels to it via multiple character by now.

Namely Coby should have been reintroduced long ago, Smoker could have previewed what Kata can do, Law and Doffy should have been CoO focused, Kinemon skills needed more emphasis, more emphasis on Fuji's skills to give us an idea of how high the ceiling can be, and Sanji and Ussop should have had their latent potential highlighted multiple times before blooming whenever. BM not displaying CoO Haki is just embarrassing and wrong.
    Last edited by Dayum; 02-02-2018 at 11:43 PM.

Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    Not really. Luffy has to focus on defending it seems. Him getting caught later can easily be explained by him not being in battle mode or focused on another character. Here he was less focused on Kata and more on anything coming his way.

Though at some point Luffy was always supposed to eventually get on the level where he should be immune to getting tagged by fodder even when not paying attention like BM and WB. What's poor is that it growth wasn't gradual and outside of Kata and the scattered scenes with Kinemon, Vergo, Ussop, and Caribou CoO has been largely ignored when we should have seen differnet layers and levels to it via multiple character by now.

Namely Coby should have been reintroduced long ago, Smoker could have previewed what Kata can do, Law and Doffy should have been CoO focused, Kinemon skills needed more emphasis, more emphasis on Fuji's skills to give us an idea of how high the ceiling can be, and Sanji and Ussop should have had their latent potential highlighted multiple times before blooming whenever. BM not displaying CoO Haki is just embarrassing and wrong.
    Wait, what? Why Smoker?

I like this chapter, I just really don't want to see Katakuri go down.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    Wait, what? Why Smoker?
    First strong Logia we met post-skip. He didn't need 5-sec precog but a basic ability to avoid Haki blows in a similar fashion via lesser CoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Wait...you literally did what?
    What can I say.

It would have been incredibly easy for oda to have portrayed katakuri like most antagonists - as someone underhanded and opportunistic whod happily exploit a weakness in their opponent. Katakuri was already as close to perfect as you could get BEFORE this chapter, but the revelation that hes a man of honour and pride was just the icing on the cake

Not everyone dies because they want to die.

Most of them die against their will

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I like this chapter, I just really don't want to see Katakuri go down.
    no one wants him to go down bro

Retired
    I trust Oda to make Katakuri’s defeat as heartbreaking as Seńor Pink’s.

Some of you whine so damn much, it's unreal to read these comments. I'm sorry.

You can't complain every fucking chapter, all right? You just can't. And, if you do, you should seriously consider whether this is healthy or not for you.

@ Great Potato and whoever else seems to be bothered every time you got a chance to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcguint View Post

You can't complain every fucking chapter, all right? You just can't. And, if you do, you should seriously consider whether this is healthy or not for you.
    They just don’t like that Luffy is eclipsing their favorite characters and Oda crushing their imaginary tiers

@ Great Potato and whoever else seems to be bothered every time you got a chance to speak.

Someone ban the spammer from the section already. I've had enough of seeing this guy derail and antagonise people.

Fucking kid.

---

If you got a problem with me pointing out how often others complain here [1], and saying that guy should be banned [2]-- bring it up with the mods.

I apologise for making things tense. Please, continue with your discussion topics.
    Last edited by Mcguint; 02-03-2018 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by giantbiceps View Post

shut your fucking mouth

lol it's ok really. He does do this from time to time. But, let's not get ourselves into a rut. I sort of brought it on myself, anyhow. But, let's forget it.

I can't recall if you talked all about it already. But what did you think of the chapter, Rex?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcguint View Post
    lol it's ok really. He does do this from time to time. But, let's not get ourselves into a rut. I sort of brought it on myself, anyhow. But, let's forget it.

I can't recall if you talked all about it already. But what did you think of the chapter, Rex?
    I loved that katakuri got some development as a character and its good that this fight is finally entering its last phase, but I'm not entirely convinced that luffy has reached his level based on what oda has shown us.

That's my only real complaint, but that relates more to how this fight has been written as a whole and not the chapter specifically