Link Chapter 1.
    http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Bonehead

got you hermano

only 2 chapters out so far

#3 in march and #4 in april

Pumpkin Juice looks so cool

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

I didn't notice this was the comic section.

I'll give it a try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Bonehead

got you hermano

only 2 chapters out so far

#3 in march and #4 in april
    Thanks manito
    "Dragoons! Dragoons! The King's Dragoons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    I didn't notice this was the comic section.

I'll give it a try.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks manito

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    I read both chapters already.

It's decent.
    "Dragoons! Dragoons! The King's Dragoons!"

these masks are cool

Concept sounds cool but given Rax's taste im nervous about taking any of his recommendations
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    I want to bathe in period blood because I have good taste

Quote Originally Posted by The Bald Headed Negro View Post
    Concept sounds cool but given Rax's taste im nervous about taking any of his recommendations
    My taste > Yours

Just look at our User names

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

My taste > Yours

Just look at our User names
    Yeah I dunno about that buddy

Rax, Hero of the Sun

Rax, Hero of a New Era

Rax, the Hero from Beyond

Rax, the Infinite Hero

i could go on, but you get the point. your username game aint something to write home about bud

Yeah I dunno about that buddy

Rax, Hero of the Sun

Rax, Hero of a New Era

Rax, the Hero from Beyond

Rax, the Infinite Hero

i could go on, but you get the point. your username game aint something to write home about bud

>Bald
    >Negro

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

>Bald
    >Negro

simple with no illusions of grandeur

simple with no illusions of grandeur
    Lies

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

it's decent, i need more issues before i can judge it tho

I was a bit apprehensive given the writer's prior work since "It's okay" is pretty much the vibe he always gets. All I knew before going into this was the writer, sorta the premise, the artist, and the publisher.

This series has started off a bit clunky, and I almost swear Bryan feels the need to one up Hawkins in how much of the world he can try and frontload as fast as possible like he's writing it for a "season" or a "mini." Sort of makes sense for Bryan but a little rough on the reading when all you're doing is trying to slog through the dialogue against the more interesting art design of the book. In a way, the book has a good ol' dose of Spider-Man 2099 injected into it like if it were written in the 90's (thankfully not by 90's Image) and I'm not sure if that helps this book or hinders it.

So did I like it? It's okay. Gets in its own way but I suspect that the problems can be shaken off by the time it's "maiden voyage" is done and we can get into the fun of the story.

What I liked?

-The designs aren't too bad. Rhoald has been pretty good with creating interesting fight scenes and establishing scenes.
    -There's an almost retro feel with this comic, but again I'm not sure if I like that. I'll chalk it up to what I found interesting.
    -Setup. Looks fun. We've seen it before, but then again we've seen everything before. I can't hold the it against that.
    -Did I mention the designs and colors? Because if I didn't I should have. The use of colors as primary per character really helps lower the confusion on page. Trust me, you'll need that visual help since something gets in the way of that.

What I didn't like? Oh man. That need to fill every space with words in the wrong way.
    -The sheer amount of words are a chore to run through in a book like this. I don't normally mind dialogue heavy books (so long as it isn't dialogue for dialogue's sake to fill up panels), but this is one of those books that needs you to know EVERYTHING about it's language up front. On one hand I don't mind this since it won't pretend the main character won't know these terms like he should and treat us all like idiots, but on the other hand it's so dense that we'll most likely be questioning it again anyway and a "maybe" brainwashed point character would've been a good tool for unfolding this world naturally. Granted, since Image prefers (demands) to work in seasons and this might be a mini series (since it is a half TC endeavor) and so Bryan might just feel like he doesn't have enough time to unfold this story the way he wants. If I had to guess I think it is done this way because of movie influence. I can think of at least two other comics that he frontloaded everything the hard way and it sorta feels like an movie intro dialogue scene. What's super bizarre is while I complimented how the author doesn't treat us like idiots when he tried to just frontload everything, he turned around and treated us like idiots with the dialogue between the brothers. At what point did they NOT know this between one another that required explanation? Why was it given to us like this? I get the book wants to be sort of heady, but it clearly is meant to be more popcorn than food for thought at this junction and so all we get to read is... everything we just don't care about yet.
    -Very little breaking between what we need to know and what we need to see. This series clearly wants the art to shine through but it bogs it down with so much dialogue and explanation that it feels like the art is just waiting around to be utilized somewhere else. This is why you pace how you introduce story and action (or at least find a better way to blend them). The story seems to want to be just as much character driven, but since the characters aren't given room to breath and grow themselves it almost feels like I'm reading cliff notes over the book. So when we get some extremely gorgeous shots we sometimes have to deal with panels and bubbles strewn throughout it instead of just being able to enjoy it.
    -Focus. The focus of the book feels a little off. This is part why the dialogue is so damn prevalent in the series. The book wants to be about a few things at once (while still conveying a type of message) and it's sort of forced to be this since the main character doesn't speak and the story seems to be about the larger world (which feels pretty confined to one Mega C... err... Large city).
    -Yeah, I have to say it. The Gladiators are pretty much just Judges in design. I'm sorry. The name, the motif, it just looks like a Judge. lol I can look past that 56's "parkour" for some reason looks a lot like Spider-Man, because how else are you going to portray that sort of fluid and free agility, but the costume design of the terribly named Gladiator (again, I swear there's some SM2099 here) pretty much screams Judge. Actually like a combo of Judge and Americop.
    -Rushing. You know when would've been a good time to reveal the "twist" to 56? Not the second issue. There's a reason secrets are held in stories for a few issues to build up the tension and reveal to us whether the rumors were true or not much later on. Maybe the writer didn't want to string us along or maybe he wants Hideki to play a much bigger role (which sort of sucks that now we know how it's going to play out). This also hurts how we are introduced into the story by just how much we are being asked to hold right away. Imagine in Spider-Man started with his origin, that Osborne was a bad guy, that Pete's parents were spies, that Uncle Ben died, Pete had a connection to a possible totem that made him Spider-Man, and there was a setup to Morlun all in the first two issues? We'd find it hard to swallow and that's a lot of what these first two issues are like. Want a forgettable series? Make sure you throw too much at someone so they can't remember. It feels a lot like the writer isn't sure how to either foreshadow, lay the groundwork for, or properly implement certain concepts into the story. The only mystery we really needed was if he was Blackdeath, then several issues later it's revealed 56 was found unconscious and strengthens the idea, then several issues later reveal it was never him while heightening the odd connections between 56 and Blackdeath, then much later on reveal who Blackdeath was. As it is the primary mystery is gone, leaving only who the new guy might really be under the mask, which would have been an even more interesting mystery after a proper build up and trade off on the Blackdeath mystery.
    -The compression/decompression confusion. Talk about a series that wants to give a break and then does it weird. It is super bizarre to have all this compression and then suddenly decompress it at the end. Sort of like watching a car just slow down in a race on the last lap for whatever reason. Granted if the series ended with high compression I'd have complained about it, but then again it's the pace I'm complaining about in the first place.

So I'll give it a couple more issues to fix its problems and see if the series wants to be more than it can be and stumble, or if it'll breathe and let us enjoy it a bit more. It isn't bad but it isn't great or anything. It needs some serious work. What it really needs is to get out of it's own way and let the real star shine through: The art.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    it's decent, i need more issues before i can judge it tho
    Pretty much the best way to summarize it.

Makattack