Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 94 of 94
  1. #81
    Rax is no more insisting than the next person when it comes to his opinions.

    Well, okay, maybe a little.

    But, that's all right. Just agree to disagree if it becomes a problem.

    Good spoiler. Not at all surprised that Katakuri has Sovereign Haki. Err.. The Color of the Haki of the Conquering King. I am one of the few who think Sovereign Haki is related to Awakened abilities (there might not actually be anyone else who thinks this.. ).

    Kind of disappointed that the alternate Gear 4th Form hasn't turned up yet. Speed, and Observation specialization would be sweet. Right, Charlotte McNugget?

    Oh, and that "trance-like" dodging I've been talking about wherein Luffy closes his eyes. Anyone remember me discussing that shit? lol... honestly pretty damn close to Luffy bouncing around while unconscious.

    ---

    My idea was he would use the trance-like dodges in the new Gear 4th Form, though. But, he would have a mastery over it. Like... imagine him being shot at by a large amount of projectiles and dodging them all while flying toward his target by performing this.

    What he's, actually, doing is a bit less... interesting. But, it's essentially the same thing.
    Last edited by Mcguint; 02-02-2018 at 01:22 AM.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcguint View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not at all surprised that Katakuri has Sovereign Haki. Err.. The Color of the Haki of the Conquering King. I am one of the few who think Sovereign Haki is related to Awakened abilities (there might not actually be anyone else who thinks this.. )
    Wouldnt that make it something exclusive to DF users?

  3. #83
    No, not in my opinion.. lol.

    But, others may think differently.

  4. #84
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    59,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph3gun View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well his pride is so high that after he injure himself he still believe he can win that fight. The thing is if kata win because flampe help him, it will be really shameful to prideful fighter like katakuri, just as bad as losing. Understand his position and emotion is not that hard
    He literally 1 chapter prior said he had to put Luffy down because he was becoming a legit threat and now he's going to disregard that cause pride?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcguint View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rax is no more insisting than the next person when it comes to his opinions.

    Well, okay, maybe a little.

    But, that's all right. Just agree to disagree if it becomes a problem.

    Good spoiler. Not at all surprised that Katakuri has Sovereign Haki. Err.. The Color of the Haki of the Conquering King. I am one of the few who think Sovereign Haki is related to Awakened abilities (there might not actually be anyone else who thinks this.. ).

    Kind of disappointed that the alternate Gear 4th Form hasn't turned up yet. Speed, and Observation specialization would be sweet. Right, Charlotte McNugget?

    Oh, and that "trance-like" dodging I've been talking about wherein Luffy closes his eyes. Anyone remember me discussing that shit? lol... honestly pretty damn close to Luffy bouncing around while unconscious.

    ---

    My idea was he would use the trance-like dodges in the new Gear 4th Form, though. But, he would have a mastery over it. Like... imagine him being shot at by a large amount of projectiles and dodging them all while flying toward his target by performing this.

    What he's, actually, doing is a bit less... interesting. But, it's essentially the same thing.
    The problem in itself isn't that he's doing it.


    The problem is he just said he had to end it before Luffy closes the gap between them and at that point he'd get clowned.



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcguint View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, not in my opinion.. lol.

    But, others may think differently.
    Well the way you wrote it make it looks that way:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcguint View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am one of the few who think Sovereign Haki is related to Awakened abilities (there might not actually be anyone else who thinks this.. ).
    Maybe you meant it backwards?

  6. #86
    I agree with that, Rax.

    Katakuri is flip-flopping lol... he didn't want Luffy to become a threat, and now that he is, he wants to put himself into the same condition he is to satisfy his ego.

    I could try to look at that some other way. But, I'm having a hard time doing it-- it's pretty contradicting.

    Though, there's something to be said for his altercations with Luffy and how that may have impacted his decisions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sovereign Haki and Awakened Abilities?
    - To me, it doesn't really matter which one you're referring to when you say something like they are related to one another.

    But, as for Sovereign Haki being specific to Devil Fruit users? No, I certainly don't think so.

    However, I believe Awakened Devil Fruit abilities require the user to possess Sovereign Haki.

    Am I being clear enough?

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcguint View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sovereign Haki and Awakened Abilities?
    - To me, it doesn't really matter which one you're referring to when you say something like they are related to one another.

    But, as for Sovereign Haki being specific to Devil Fruit users? No, I certainly don't think so.

    However, I believe Awakened Devil Fruit abilities require the user to possess Sovereign Haki.

    Am I being clear enough?
    Now I get it. thats actually make good sense

  8. #88
    So all the demon guards in impel down have sovereign haki?

  9. #89
    I thought so. Until I realized saying so would often result in others saying there's nothing to indicate such a thing-- and, that Awakened Devil Fruit abilities are just something that happens with like a 1/100, 000 chance of occurring.

    So, I mostly just kept it to myself. Personally, I wanted to look for some kind of explanation. And, using Haki on the surrounding environment seems like the way to do it.

    Doflamingo also referred to it as extending the length of his body. The only other place I believe something like that occurs is with weapons-- people extend the length of their bodies to the weapons and channel Haki through them. So, it's almost always like it's related to the person's body-- their Will.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I would argue the Awakened Devil Fruit users had a forced Awakening that resulted in a less than desirable outcome.

    But, you're asking a loaded question. So, you're not actually looking for my answer. However, yes. I believe when the Zoan's Awaken they transform into a King version of their normal forms.

    So, that was King Zebra, King Koala, etc.,. But, that's only my point of view on the subject. You certainly don't have to agree with it.
    Last edited by Mcguint; 02-02-2018 at 01:55 AM.

  10. #90
    hopefully we get chapter tomorrow

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcguint View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rax is no more insisting than the next person when it comes to his opinions.

    Well, okay, maybe a little.

    But, that's all right. Just agree to disagree if it becomes a problem.

    Good spoiler. Not at all surprised that Katakuri has Sovereign Haki. Err.. The Color of the Haki of the Conquering King. I am one of the few who think Sovereign Haki is related to Awakened abilities (there might not actually be anyone else who thinks this.. ).

    Kind of disappointed that the alternate Gear 4th Form hasn't turned up yet. Speed, and Observation specialization would be sweet. Right, Charlotte McNugget?

    Oh, and that "trance-like" dodging I've been talking about wherein Luffy closes his eyes. Anyone remember me discussing that shit? lol... honestly pretty damn close to Luffy bouncing around while unconscious.

    ---

    My idea was he would use the trance-like dodges in the new Gear 4th Form, though. But, he would have a mastery over it. Like... imagine him being shot at by a large amount of projectiles and dodging them all while flying toward his target by performing this.

    What he's, actually, doing is a bit less... interesting. But, it's essentially the same thing.
    Tell me about it. I want a new one

  11. #91
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    16,870
    Quote Originally Posted by P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hopefully we get chapter tomorrow

    - - - Updated - - -



    Tell me about it. I want a new one
    I don’t think we’ll see another one until Wano. Two in one arc is a bit much.

    Quote Originally Posted by X
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is this even a thead?

  12. #92
    MO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    In your heart
    Posts
    1,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So how many moves do you think he has above a Giant Tier 2 Hardened Awakened fist??? Other than a EGG copy there probably isn't much else.

    Though I'm wondering how a guy who whipped out his primary weapon, 2nd tier Hardening, and his Awakening can't be classified as having gone all out with his skills. This is probably just a semantic disagreement. Didn't whip out his version of KKG/Asura so he hasn't gone all out. Fine if that is your definition but not what I was talking about.
    he says I stop thinking of you as an inferior now so wasn't giving it his all.

  13. #93
    Tank Man is just a play on Bound Man, to me, though.

    I wanted something else entirely. However, in retrospect, hoping for Luffy to master the type of things I was describing is maybe like running before crawling in regard to tapping into heightened senses. It definitely makes more sense for him to be flopping around while falling in and out of consciousness before thinking of an idea like self-induced trances to trigger that kind of effect. Maybe.

  14. #94
    King Me! Dank Sinatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    292
    New Spoilers are out, Luffy brings up a new g4 form.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •