Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gyou'un vs Tou

Gyou'un vs Tou

10k vs 10k

usual retinue

both #1 vassal of a 6gg/3gh

who wins?
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Tou easy. Gyou'un is really strong but let's not go overboard here.

Gyou'un is a long way away from proving he's on Tou's level. It won't be easy though.

Tou mid-diffs him.

hm, what makes everyone so certain tou takes this?
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hm, what makes everyone so certain tou takes this?
    Where is Gyou'un's hype, feats or portrayal to suggest he can take a Great General like Tou?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Where is Gyou'un's hype, feats or portrayal to suggest he can take a Great General like Tou?
    wouldn't say kingdom is an A > B > C type series when it comes to power level or character strengths

hard to imagine tou coming out on top with absolute certainty against an instinctual general of his calibre

for instance, kei sha had less going for him than gyou'un and was able to best ri boku a fair number of times in their simulations, as well as trap duke hyou

that said, don't think something like tou's rank alone should warrant him getting the benefit of the doubt here
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Tou is a GG level caliber general. Gyou'un at best is slightly better than 4 HK level.

Tou high diff tops, mid at least.

It's true that Kingdom isn't always A > B > C but Tou is literally a beast in every field. He wins.
    No.​

wouldn't say kingdom is an A > B > C type series when it comes to power level or character strengths

hard to imagine tou coming out on top with absolute certainty against an instinctual general of his calibre

for instance, kei sha had less going for him than gyou'un and was able to best ri boku a fair number of times in their simulations, as well as trap duke hyou

that said, don't think something like tou's rank alone should warrant him getting the benefit of the doubt here
    It's not really based on his rank, it's more because we know how complete Tou is. I don't really see the angle where Gyou'un can beat him.

It's not really based on his rank, it's more because we know how complete Tou is. I don't really see the angle where Gyou'un can beat him.
    he's great, but he's not infallible or perfect. gyou'un likewise is equipped with everything tou has, except he has the advantage of his instinctual ability; which is something even the most adept commander/strategist in the series self-admittedly has trouble with.

personally think there's potential for it to go either way.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

he's great, but he's not infallible or perfect. gyou'un likewise is equipped with everything tou has, except he has the advantage of his instinctual ability; which is something even the most adept commander/strategist in the series self-admittedly has trouble with.

personally think there's potential for it to go either way.
    Depends on how highly you regard Gyou'un's instinct/tactics vs Tou's, or how you think a 1 on 1 fight would go. Ultimately I think the fact that Gyou'un is a stepping stone for 5 thousand commander Shin in a small scale, 10k vs 8k battle suggests he's a ways off Tou.

Depends on how highly you regard Gyou'un's instinct/tactics vs Tou's, or how you think a 1 on 1 fight would go.
    thats where i feel the possibility for an upset is

more times than not, confident gyou'un would have an edge over a conventional strategist like tou when it comes to tactics with how strong his intuition is, coupled with what he learned from rsj. was said that the more talented the strategist the deeper they'll be entrapped by his tactics, after all.

but tou would more than likely be the superior of the two in a duel, albeit not by a huge margin. although a duel would probably be to tou's disadvantage unless he can finish his opponent quickly or it's towards the beginning of the entire engagement, as we saw with how he reacted to ran bi haku. would leave him unable to salvage any predicament his army is put in.

Ultimately I think the fact that Gyou'un is a stepping stone for 5 thousand commander Shin in a small scale, 10k vs 8k battle suggests he's a ways off Tou.
    granted, shin's stepping stones have always been far ahead of him. like with rin ko, for example. gyou'un being shin's next step wouldn't necessarily imply he's closer to shin's level than he is to tou's.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

more times than not, confident gyou'un would have an edge over a conventional strategist like tou when it comes to tactics with how strong his intuition is, coupled with what he learned from rsj. was said that the more talented the strategist the deeper they'll be entrapped by his tactics, after all.

but tou would more than likely be the superior of the two in a duel, albeit not by a huge margin. although a duel would probably be to tou's disadvantage unless he can finish his opponent quickly or it's towards the beginning of the entire engagement, as we saw with how he reacted to ran bi haku. would leave him unable to salvage any predicament his army is put in.

granted, shin's stepping stones have always been far ahead of him. like with rin ko, for example. gyou'un being shin's next step wouldn't necessarily imply he's closer to shin's level than he is to tou's.
    To be fair, I think Tou's tactics > Ten's, and I also don't see him being beaten by instincts because he isn't really restricted to being a table-top strategist, if that makes sense? Tou doesn't have to play the game that Ten was doing.

Tou should win, Gyou'un hasn't proven himself to be a guy that can take Tou in a duel
    All Hail Aldo Jones

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Does this usual retinue include Rokuomi, Ryuukoku and Kanou? Because if so Tou could just charge in a straight line and win

At any rate Tou is clearly much stronger, he'd be capable of matching Rinshoujo outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    Does this usual retinue include Rokuomi, Ryuukoku and Kanou? Because if so Tou could just charge in a straight line and win

At any rate Tou is clearly much stronger, he'd be capable of matching Rinshoujo outright.
    yeah Tou with all his commanders in a 10k vs 10k fight is just overkill

Gyou'un gets crushed against the Tou army.

That's a NLF Hara is fond of using, I don't think its meant to imply Gyouun can take on Riboku or Ousen or Rinshoujo who would obviously have answer to instincfual generals which Ten clearly didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    That's a NLF Hara is fond of using, I don't think its meant to imply Gyouun can take on Riboku or Ousen or Rinshoujo who would obviously have answer to instincfual generals which Ten clearly didn't
    sure, but doubt tou could compare with the intellect and tactics of those generals

and I also don't see him being beaten by instincts because he isn't really restricted to being a table-top strategist, if that makes sense? Tou doesn't have to play the game that Ten was doing.
    not sure, since table-top strategy is just a broader application of in-field tactics. there wouldn't be any difference between table-top strategy and any other form of strategy outside of range of command. unless you're saying he could just charge in and win with pure brawn like tenma.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams