Mixing Politics With Entertainment

What do you guys think about the continuing trend of politics and entertainment mixing? Over the last year, we've seen things that should have been for enjoyment, like the NFL or the Grammys, be overtaken with political discourse. I feel that it's okay to have some discussion on what's going on in society, but a lot of people use these things for a release, not for further discussion. When sources of entertainment begin to be influenced by some of the things that are going on, I think things get taken too far.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

You mean progressive and leftwing politics. Conservatives don’t have enough control over the media to influence entertainment.
    Quote Originally Posted by X
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Why is this even a thead?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    You mean progressive and leftwing politics. Conservatives don’t have enough control over the media to influence entertainment.
    Do we need to label it as such? There are politics being involved in entertainment and I'm asking how people feel about it; I don't care where in the spectrum the politics actually fall.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Do we need to label it as such? There are politics being involved in entertainment and I'm asking how people feel about it; I don't care where in the spectrum the politics actually fall.
    Of course it’s relevant. It’s not like we have many reference points to the right wing influencing modern media. Your post was 95% about current events, like the NFL or Grammys. Those venues are being used to push leftwing politics. Everything on TV is about collectivism, sex and worship of the corporate hegemony. When’s the last time you saw an outlet praising small government or individualism? The whole issue of politics mixing with entertainment is distinctly left wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by X
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Why is this even a thead?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    Of course it’s relevant. It’s not like we have many reference points to the right wing influencing modern media. Your post was 95% about current events, like the NFL or Grammys. Those venues are being used to push leftwing politics. Everything on TV is about collectivism, sex and worship of the corporate hegemony. When’s the last time you saw an outlet praising small government or individualism? The whole issue of politics mixing with entertainment is distinctly left wing.
    So I'm assuming that it bothers you.

The Commander From Hell

We The North