The Commander From Hell

We The North

"oh, in 1958 that producer touched my butt too!"

that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

that one?
    Yeah, that one. I'm guessing you aren't a huge fan?

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Has done more harm than good.
    No.​

Retired

that one?

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Why is this even a thead?

pulcinella's secret uncovered and getting media exposure riding the politically correct god

but what's truly awful is that it ruined prominent careers, true artists, and especially the few women who were actually victim of something barbaric, that's now put indistinguishably on the same level of having the butt touched or getting told something lewd in a private interview.

so yeah, definitely more harm than good, but probably ALL harm except for the clever "victims" of overlookable harassment who joined the train in time to get the spotlight, the apologies and the refund.

pulcinella's secret uncovered and getting media exposure riding the politically correct god

but what's truly awful is that it ruined prominent careers, true artists, and especially the few women who were actually victim of something barbaric, that's now put indistinguishably on the same level of having the butt touched or getting told something lewd in a private interview.

so yeah, definitely more harm than good, but probably ALL harm except for the clever "victims" of overlookable harassment who joined the train in time to get the spotlight, the apologies and the refund.
    this so much

AND IT DESTROYED HOUSE OF CARDS!
    Come and play some

Hosted by Shane

because people are victims of crimes we should look the other way when other people get touched without their consent?

Pretty good way for some women to get attention. I think that big producers who took advantage of these women are scumbags but I also think that there are more than enough cases where women offer themselves to them for a better role.

Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    because people are victims of crimes we should look the other way when other people get touched without their consent?
    everyone knows how one gets big in that world, it's pointless to be shocked about something that, for how sly it is, was well known.

it's exactly how royalice said, most of these women were standing in line to have the big shot feel up their butts. So they getting back at them is also the epitome of hypocritical, before being scummy. And as i said, it also damages the ones who were victims of true harrassment, that definitely exist in this pool but we'll never EVER know which ones are the victims and which ones are the foxes who got there just because they're shamelessly opportunistic.

everyone knows how one gets big in that world, it's pointless to be shocked about something that, for how sly it is, was well known.

it's exactly how royalice said, most of these women were standing in line to have the big shot feel up their butts. So they getting back at them is also the epitome of hypocritical, before being scummy. And as i said, it also damages the ones who were victims of true harrassment, that definitely exist in this pool but we'll never EVER know which ones are the victims and which ones are the foxes who got there just because they're shamelessly opportunistic.
    why are you reducing this to the showbusiness? we are talking about sexual harrassment in our everyday life. and touching someone without their consent, especially on the butt, the knee, the sides of the breasts, the hips etc. has got nothing to do with whatever happens in a world where everything is more superficial in general.

blaming people for sharing them having experienced such things will not help the victims of actual sexual abuse, but does this mean it should not be brought up?

Retired
    It’s literally the boy who cried wolf. Most of these women have no physical, video or audio evidence. A lot of them won’t even name names, so they just look like attention seekers. After a certain threshold, no one is going to take all these accusations seriously. How will we know who to trust? Majority of this stuff is overblown virtue signaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    It’s literally the boy who cried wolf. Most of these women have no physical, video or audio evidence. A lot of them won’t even name names, so they just look like attention seekers. After a certain threshold, no one is going to take all these accusations seriously. How will we know who to trust? Majority of this stuff is overblown virtue signaling.
    there is a difference between some people eventually using the movement to further their own agenday and the credibility of the movement itself.

while some can agree that prejudical behaviour as soon as an accusation comes to light is not the way things should be handled this does not invalidate the idea of the concept behind the campaing in general.

there are hundreds and thousands of #metoo entries. only an absolute fraction of it actually names an actual culprit, whereas the overwhelmingly majority merely is a shared experience.

these experiences variy in how drastic they are, given each individuals own subjective perception.

do we need to agree with each and every single perception of sexual harrassment? certainly not. but does this mean we can disregard all of it? also certainly not.

this sums it up well

it's largely bullshit. more than enough ppl fall for it though so it'll continue for a good while

Itís literally the boy who cried wolf. Most of these women have no physical, video or audio evidence. A lot of them wonít even name names, so they just look like attention seekers. After a certain threshold, no one is going to take all these accusations seriously. How will we know who to trust? Majority of this stuff is overblown virtue signaling.
    Exactly. A lot of the woman are just out for attention so they either lie completely or overstate something minor.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Yes. It's a pretty good thing. The attention it has called to some politicans and areas such of healthcare where sexual harassment are more common.
    ‚Äč‚Äč

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Retired
    there is a difference between some people eventually using the movement to further their own agenday and the credibility of the movement itself.

while some can agree that prejudical behaviour as soon as an accusation comes to light is not the way things should be handled this does not invalidate the idea of the concept behind the campaing in general.

there are hundreds and thousands of #metoo entries. only an absolute fraction of it actually names an actual culprit, whereas the overwhelmingly majority merely is a shared experience.

these experiences variy in how drastic they are, given each individuals own subjective perception.

do we need to agree with each and every single perception of sexual harrassment? certainly not. but does this mean we can disregard all of it? also certainly not.
    Are you strawmanning me?

And, no, itís not an effective movement for combating sexual abuse. While a woman getting her ass slapped in an air-conditioned office is demeaning and inappropriate, itís something that should be addressed right away. Pretending that you bottled it up for 40 years and lost sleep isnít doing your movement any favors. If a woman isnít even willing to name names, then she simply isnít taking the movement seriously. ďBut she might lose her job!Ē So she takes her career more seriously than the well-being of other women? Okay, still isnít doing the movement any favors.

I find it funny that none of the people supporting this movement ever bring up the sex abuse epidemic in public schools, single mother households or even the military. Whatís the matter? Does that go against the progressive agenda?

why are you reducing this to the showbusiness? we are talking about sexual harrassment in our everyday life. and touching someone without their consent, especially on the butt, the knee, the sides of the breasts, the hips etc. has got nothing to do with whatever happens in a world where everything is more superficial in general.

blaming people for sharing them having experienced such things will not help the victims of actual sexual abuse, but does this mean it should not be brought up?
    it has to do with that world, it has. If you touched my butt in a supermarket it'd be proper harassment but media wouldn't care. But if you touch my butt in a private meeting about you having me produced in the world of show business, then sorry if it sounds harsh, but those are the rules of the game. No matter how good you are at acting or presenting or anything, there are thousands of people i can choose to produce in your stead. So if you don't give me anything special to guarantee i even place attention in your case, then there's the door. Terrible? Sure. But let's not play dumb. Here's the state of things. So no, a touch on the butt isn't much. It's nothing, in that context. The old men and the girls alike know this well. And this system is just so natural that no mediatic movement will ever temper it down to earth. It'll be the automatic result as long as there's so much offer of aspirant actors/presenters, so little space for anyone to actually break through, and so few people this decision is in the hands of.

it's not like there's someone who we can blame for making this such a big case. It's just the media and a system founded on hypocritical values that generated it and that's why nobody in good faith is gaining anything from this. Literally a vicious circle bound to produce injustice and iniquity. And more trump voters if it matters.

So far #metoo seems to only help rich women. How about the poor to middle class women all around the world no one is speaking for.

Also, consensual sexual activity is not abuse or harassment. Choosing to sleep with someone to further your career or whatever is just as bad as bribing someone in the first place. Neither party is deserving of any respect unless they repent. It means you put money and fame over your own self-worth.
    No.​

Are you strawmanning me?

And, no, it’s not an effective movement for combating sexual abuse. While a woman getting her ass slapped in an air-conditioned office is demeaning and inappropriate, it’s something that should be addressed right away. Pretending that you bottled it up for 40 years and lost sleep isn’t doing your movement any favors. If a woman isn’t even willing to name names, then she simply isn’t taking the movement seriously. “But she might lose her job!” So she takes her career more seriously than the well-being of other women? Okay, still isn’t doing the movement any favors.

I find it funny that none of the people supporting this movement ever bring up the sex abuse epidemic in public schools, single mother households or even the military. What’s the matter? Does that go against the progressive agenda?
    what do you mean with strawmaning you?

the movement itself does not combat sexual abuse. it is a tool which allows society, in the form of media, companies, political systems etc. to raise awareness of the problem of sexual abuse. and as such it is doing a good job. not every single experience posted under the flag of the movement is to be weighted whether it was a criminal act which should have been pursued or not.
    as such the reasons why a person did not reveal that she felt sexually harrassed a long time ago do not matter, since they are no accusation. example: a women sharing that her coworker used to touch her on her knees and that made her feel uncomfortable is not an accusation which anyone will pursue. it is just another story which adds up in the general narrative of the movement.

from what i understood, your concerns are with people who are actively naming possible culprits, e.g. "my coworker john doe, working at john doe company used to touch me without my consent 10 years ago". stories like these are, like i stated already, a mere fraction of what the movement is made off. and these incidents have to be processed individually.

i dont understand your last paragraph. sexual abuse in public schools, the military or single mother households is equally wrong as in any other place.

if anything, the #metoo movement raises awareness of sexual abuse in places where no one prior thought it even exist, since the cross section of people who share their experiences goes among all ages, ethnic groups, social status, workplaces and locations.