Is School Necessary After A Certain Point?

I think that Preschool, Elementary School, and Intermediate School are pretty useful. However, Middle School and especially High School are rinse and repeat. By my Senior year I was going nuts, wanting to get the hell out of there.

Senior year is fun though

Highschool prepares you for the world outside so yes, its necessary, and middle school prepares you for high school.

highschool just teaches the absolute basics, even the higher level classes basically. It's more so necessary for social and economic reasons to finish highschool, but also if you have any interest in anything that requires academical knowledge, than it's more like it's necessary to have a much better education than what you get in highschool. Be that though self teaching or uni classes.

I've honestly never found the education system to be useful, for me, having a teacher would only be useful in a skill or subject that has a really high skill ceiling, and that teacher is devoted to either a small group or just me individually. Otherwise I can just self teach myself at a much faster pace than I'd learn in a class. The only situation I've found having a mentor was useful was learning the boardgame Go as a kid, and it was an imprumtu unofficial mentorship of sorts, nothing is better than the feeling of defeating your sensei in a battle, he must've been even more satisfied than me

Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    highschool just teaches the absolute basics, even the higher level classes basically. It's more so necessary for social and economic reasons to finish highschool, but also if you have any interest in anything that requires academical knowledge, than it's more like it's necessary to have a much better education than what you get in highschool. Be that though self teaching or uni classes.

I've honestly never found the education system to be useful, for me, having a teacher would only be useful in a skill or subject that has a really high skill ceiling, and that teacher is devoted to either a small group or just me individually. Otherwise I can just self teach myself at a much faster pace than I'd learn in a class. The only situation I've found having a mentor was useful was learning the boardgame Go as a kid, and it was an imprumtu unofficial mentorship of sorts, nothing is better than the feeling of defeating your sensei in a battle, he must've been even more satisfied than me
    Where would you be in life right now without the education system, heart.

Everything up to high school is necessary. Then it's up to you, either you want to study further or you just want to go to work.