View Poll Results: Is abortion ok

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a dude so I dont give a fuck.

    1 8.33%
  • No, its wrong to kill babies.

    5 41.67%
  • Yes, its the womans choice.

    6 50.00%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 146

Thread: Abortion

  1. #21
    Not Gay Gay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    7,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Halaros 536 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell us then. When does a baby become a person? When do you have the cutting point?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Really? So you can kill a fully or almost fully formed baby just because it hasn't come out of the vagina?
    When it takes its first breath.


  2. #22
    Majesty Kaido's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Halaros 536 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell us then. When does a baby become a person? When do you have the cutting point?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Really? So you can kill a fully or almost fully formed baby just because it hasn't come out of the vagina?
    It's wrong when the baby gets a semblance of a life but it's not that bad if the baby has not been properly created because then the baby is dead either way. Also not too sound like a cold ass but if only the woman knows and the doctors are okay with it that helps her make the abortion, nobody will mourn it.

  3. #23
    Halaros 536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When it takes its first breath.
    What is your argument for that?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty Kaido View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's wrong when the baby gets a semblance of a life but it's not that bad if the baby has not been properly created because then the baby is dead either way. Also not too sound like a cold ass but if only the woman knows and the doctors are okay with it that helps her make the abortion, nobody will mourn it.
    Who will mourn has nothing to do with it. You're not allowed to kill someone because you think that people will not mourn for him.

  4. #24
    Not Gay Gay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    7,511
    Its a hunk of flesh until it shows signs of life, and until its out of the womans body it is her body.
    She can do what she wants with her body.


  5. #25
    PIERCE THE HEAVENS Bold's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    10,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty Kaido View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In this case the woman actually wanted the child but the man tricked her into aborting the child so yeah you could say it was wrong since it was not her decision. One way to look at it is that it's okay if the child is unborn as long as it's the woman's choice to do the abortion.


    so the mother could have killed the fetus at anytime, but if the father does it's "murder." So, is it murder or not?

    "Well, depends."

    What sort of morality is that?

    Without the mother's consent, that child has been murdered. With the mother's consent, that child wasn't a "real" child at all, and the act cannot be considered murderous.

  6. #26
    Majesty Kaido's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Halaros 536 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is your argument for that?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Who will mourn has nothing to do with it. You're not allowed to kill someone because you think that people will not mourn for him.
    But it's not really killing anyone if the child is still "dead"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    so the mother could have killed the fetus at anytime, but if the father does it's "murder." So, is it murder or not?

    "Well, depends."

    What sort of morality is that?

    Without the mother's consent, that child has been murdered. With the mother's consent, that child wasn't a "real" child at all, and the act cannot be considered murderous.
    Not saying it's murder. I'm saying that it should always be the woman's decision to keep the child or not since it's her child.

  7. #27
    Not Gay Gay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    7,511
    Its a crime to inflict damage on another persons body, which the father did.


  8. #28
    Halaros 536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its a hunk of flesh until it shows signs of life, and until its out of the womans body it is her body.
    She can do what she wants with her body.
    The two statements are not the same, although you tried to make them appear so. A baby shows signs of life long before it exits the womb. Your previous statement and the second in that post is that a baby is a person when it exits the vagina. So, somehow a change in geographical location conveys personhood. You're gonna have to explain how that happens.

    Whether the baby is her body or another person is the point of the discussion. If you assume that it's her body as an argument to show that it's not a person, you've begged the question. Nice circular logic, but it's not gonna help you here. You still haven't given your argument.

  9. #29
    Not Gay Gay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    7,511
    You could say birth control / condoms are equally bad with your idiotic republican logic.


  10. #30
    Halaros 536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty Kaido View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But it's not really killing anyone if the child is still "dead"


    Not saying it's murder. I'm saying that it should always be the woman's decision to keep the child or not since it's her child.
    How is the child dead if it's not dead?

    A parent doesn't have the right to kill his child. I don't see how that changes just because the child is still in the womb.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You could say birth control / condoms are equally bad with your idiotic republican logic.
    No, I'm not saying that and I didn't say that. I asked for you to prove your claim, that the change of geographical location conveys personhood. Claims need evidence.

  11. #31
    Crispinianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    16,706
    Opposed to it, but I don’t think there should be any legislation against it. I’d rather people just have good judgment. Maybe that’s asking for too much...

  12. #32
    Not Gay Gay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    7,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Halaros 536 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The two statements are not the same, although you tried to make them appear so. A baby shows signs of life long before it exits the womb. Your previous statement and the second in that post is that a baby is a person when it exits the vagina. So, somehow a change in geographical location conveys personhood. You're gonna have to explain how that happens.

    Whether the baby is her body or another person is the point of the discussion. If you assume that it's her body as an argument to show that it's not a person, you've begged the question. Nice circular logic, but it's not gonna help you here. You still haven't given your argument.
    Nigga did I stutter

    Its connected to her body, its feeding of her, its growing inside her, its a part of her.
    Trying to control what someone does with their own body is moronic.

    If you were a woman, and you were raped, your opinion would be very different.


  13. #33
    PIERCE THE HEAVENS Bold's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    10,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty Kaido View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But it's not really killing anyone if the child is still "dead"


    Not saying it's murder. I'm saying that it should always be the woman's decision to keep the child or not since it's her child.
    so say a prostitute gave birth in the middle of nowhere.

    no one knew she was even pregnant

    and she killed the baby then, is that ok

  14. #34
    Crispinianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    16,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nigga did I stutter

    Its connected to her body, its feeding of her, its growing inside her, its a part of her.
    Trying to control what someone does with their own body is moronic.

    If you were a woman, and you were raped, your opinion would be very different.
    So why are you doing it to a baby?

  15. #35
    Halaros 536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nigga did I stutter

    Its connected to her body, its feeding of her, its growing inside her, its a part of her.
    Trying to control what someone does with their own body is moronic.

    If you were a woman, and you were raped, your opinion would be very different.
    Nice appeal to emotion, but that's not an argument. What I would do and how good of a person I am, has nothing to do with it. And as I said. whether it's just her body or another person is the issue at hand you can't beg the question by assuming the answer.

    Again, I'm waiting for your argument that shows how a baby changing it's location transforms it to a person.

  16. #36
    Not Gay Gay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    7,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Halaros 536 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is the child dead if it's not dead?

    A parent doesn't have the right to kill his child. I don't see how that changes just because the child is still in the womb.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No, I'm not saying that and I didn't say that. I asked for you to prove your claim, that the change of geographical location conveys personhood. Claims need evidence.
    They obviously shouldn't be aborted last second. If people are going to abort it needs to be within the first 5 months, but that doesn't change the fact that its not a part of this world until its in this world.


  17. #37
    Majesty Kaido's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Halaros 536 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is the child dead if it's not dead?

    A parent doesn't have the right to kill his child. I don't see how that changes just because the child is still in the womb.
    I don't know at all when exactly a child is about to enter life but if the child is still dead it won't make a difference for it.

  18. #38
    I don't understand the 'it's her body argument.'

    1. It's not her body. The fetus being connected to her body, yes, but that doesn't make it her body.

    2. Even if it was her body, so what? Why should we let people do what they want? Why is the predominant assumption that we should value freedom of autonomy?
    No.​

  19. #39
    Not Gay Gay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    7,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Halaros 536 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice appeal to emotion, but that's not an argument. What I would do and how good of a person I am, has nothing to do with it.

    Again, I'm waiting for your argument that shows how a baby changing it's location transforms it to a person.
    It is an argument. If you were fucked by your uncle and impregnated at age 12 would you think abortion is evil?

    A baby isnt a baby until its fully formed. Once its fully formed it comes out the vagina.
    A fetus that isnt fully formed =/= a baby


  20. #40
    PIERCE THE HEAVENS Bold's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    10,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They obviously shouldn't be aborted last second. If people are going to abort it needs to be within the first 5 months, but that doesn't change the fact that its not a part of this world until its in this world.
    But a baby that is aborted last second is still not in this world

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •