• No, its wrong to kill babies.

5 41.67%
  • Yes, its the womans choice.

6 50.00%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion

Quote Originally Posted by Halaros 536 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tell us then. When does a baby become a person? When do you have the cutting point?

- - - Updated - - -

Really? So you can kill a fully or almost fully formed baby just because it hasn't come out of the vagina?
    When it takes its first breath.

Tell us then. When does a baby become a person? When do you have the cutting point?

- - - Updated - - -

Really? So you can kill a fully or almost fully formed baby just because it hasn't come out of the vagina?
    It's wrong when the baby gets a semblance of a life but it's not that bad if the baby has not been properly created because then the baby is dead either way. Also not too sound like a cold ass but if only the woman knows and the doctors are okay with it that helps her make the abortion, nobody will mourn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gay View Post
    When it takes its first breath.
    What is your argument for that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty Kaido View Post
    It's wrong when the baby gets a semblance of a life but it's not that bad if the baby has not been properly created because then the baby is dead either way. Also not too sound like a cold ass but if only the woman knows and the doctors are okay with it that helps her make the abortion, nobody will mourn it.
    Who will mourn has nothing to do with it. You're not allowed to kill someone because you think that people will not mourn for him.

Its a hunk of flesh until it shows signs of life, and until its out of the womans body it is her body.
    She can do what she wants with her body.

In this case the woman actually wanted the child but the man tricked her into aborting the child so yeah you could say it was wrong since it was not her decision. One way to look at it is that it's okay if the child is unborn as long as it's the woman's choice to do the abortion.

so the mother could have killed the fetus at anytime, but if the father does it's "murder." So, is it murder or not?

"Well, depends."

What sort of morality is that?

Without the mother's consent, that child has been murdered. With the mother's consent, that child wasn't a "real" child at all, and the act cannot be considered murderous.

What is your argument for that?

- - - Updated - - -

Who will mourn has nothing to do with it. You're not allowed to kill someone because you think that people will not mourn for him.
    But it's not really killing anyone if the child is still "dead"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post

so the mother could have killed the fetus at anytime, but if the father does it's "murder." So, is it murder or not?

"Well, depends."

What sort of morality is that?

Without the mother's consent, that child has been murdered. With the mother's consent, that child wasn't a "real" child at all, and the act cannot be considered murderous.
    Not saying it's murder. I'm saying that it should always be the woman's decision to keep the child or not since it's her child.

Its a crime to inflict damage on another persons body, which the father did.

Its a hunk of flesh until it shows signs of life, and until its out of the womans body it is her body.
    She can do what she wants with her body.
    The two statements are not the same, although you tried to make them appear so. A baby shows signs of life long before it exits the womb. Your previous statement and the second in that post is that a baby is a person when it exits the vagina. So, somehow a change in geographical location conveys personhood. You're gonna have to explain how that happens.

Whether the baby is her body or another person is the point of the discussion. If you assume that it's her body as an argument to show that it's not a person, you've begged the question. Nice circular logic, but it's not gonna help you here. You still haven't given your argument.

You could say birth control / condoms are equally bad with your idiotic republican logic.

Not saying it's murder. I'm saying that it should always be the woman's decision to keep the child or not since it's her child.
    How is the child dead if it's not dead?

A parent doesn't have the right to kill his child. I don't see how that changes just because the child is still in the womb.

- - - Updated - - -

You could say birth control / condoms are equally bad with your idiotic republican logic.
    No, I'm not saying that and I didn't say that. I asked for you to prove your claim, that the change of geographical location conveys personhood. Claims need evidence.

Opposed to it, but I don’t think there should be any legislation against it. I’d rather people just have good judgment. Maybe that’s asking for too much...

The two statements are not the same, although you tried to make them appear so. A baby shows signs of life long before it exits the womb. Your previous statement and the second in that post is that a baby is a person when it exits the vagina. So, somehow a change in geographical location conveys personhood. You're gonna have to explain how that happens.

Whether the baby is her body or another person is the point of the discussion. If you assume that it's her body as an argument to show that it's not a person, you've begged the question. Nice circular logic, but it's not gonna help you here. You still haven't given your argument.
    Nigga did I stutter

Its connected to her body, its feeding of her, its growing inside her, its a part of her.
    Trying to control what someone does with their own body is moronic.

If you were a woman, and you were raped, your opinion would be very different.

so say a prostitute gave birth in the middle of nowhere.

no one knew she was even pregnant

and she killed the baby then, is that ok

Nigga did I stutter

Its connected to her body, its feeding of her, its growing inside her, its a part of her.

So why are you doing it to a baby?

Nigga did I stutter

Nice appeal to emotion, but that's not an argument. What I would do and how good of a person I am, has nothing to do with it. And as I said. whether it's just her body or another person is the issue at hand you can't beg the question by assuming the answer.

Again, I'm waiting for your argument that shows how a baby changing it's location transforms it to a person.

A parent doesn't have the right to kill his child. I don't see how that changes just because the child is still in the womb.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I'm not saying that and I didn't say that. I asked for you to prove your claim, that the change of geographical location conveys personhood. Claims need evidence.
    They obviously shouldn't be aborted last second. If people are going to abort it needs to be within the first 5 months, but that doesn't change the fact that its not a part of this world until its in this world.

I don't know at all when exactly a child is about to enter life but if the child is still dead it won't make a difference for it.

I don't understand the 'it's her body argument.'

1. It's not her body. The fetus being connected to her body, yes, but that doesn't make it her body.

2. Even if it was her body, so what? Why should we let people do what they want? Why is the predominant assumption that we should value freedom of autonomy?
    No.​

Nice appeal to emotion, but that's not an argument. What I would do and how good of a person I am, has nothing to do with it.

Again, I'm waiting for your argument that shows how a baby changing it's location transforms it to a person.
    It is an argument. If you were fucked by your uncle and impregnated at age 12 would you think abortion is evil?

A baby isnt a baby until its fully formed. Once its fully formed it comes out the vagina.
    A fetus that isnt fully formed =/= a baby

They obviously shouldn't be aborted last second. If people are going to abort it needs to be within the first 5 months, but that doesn't change the fact that its not a part of this world until its in this world.
    But a baby that is aborted last second is still not in this world