• No, its wrong to kill babies.

5 41.67%
  • Yes, its the womans choice.

6 50.00%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Abortion

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm for it under forced circumstances, no question, otherwise you fucked up and shouldve known better beforehand.

Such as rape etc?

What about if the child has down syndrome or something?

Just curious, not trying to debate with you.
    No.​

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    If you are morally against it, it makes no sense to support that thing. That's like saying I think killing a person is wrong, but I support killing people.

Pain is a necessary part of life, one that shouldn't always be avoided because it often leads to good. For example working out is painful/tiring but we do it because we know there's benefit in it. There's no benefit in killing a child. It's selfish. You're argument here is we should kill someone because someone's gonna feel pain. But I say so what? We do what's right regardless of how hard it is or what the consequences are.

And yes, the job of a government is to force its people to obey certain things whether they like it or not. Most people will only be whipped into shape with a government that is willing to impose what's right and wrong into the people.
    I don't entirely support it but I'm not entirely against it either because of the exceptions which I've stated. I do, however, support the notion that no person should be force to do something they don't want.

My argument isn't pain based, it's the fact that someones free will is being infringed upon. Is the child's free will being infringed upon, yes, which is why my argument isn't entirely solid, I've admitted this.

Anyways, I've stated my opinion on this topic, I'm sure you get my view point. There's really no point in going back and forth because neither of us is going to change our opinion on this subject.

Such as rape etc?

What about if the child has down syndrome or something?

Just curious, not trying to debate with you.
    Yeah, rape etc is what I meant. Basically situations she had no control over, if it happened due to her own actions or carelessness with say protection theres no excuse.

I'd say if you can say with certainty that the child will be majorly disabled relatively early on (first 3 months at latest), or if the pregnancy risks the mothers life its justifiable.

Says who?
    I should've restated it, there's nothing wrong in believing that you're correct, just that what you think isn't always right.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    Yeah, rape etc is what I meant. Basically situations she had no control over, if it happened due to her own actions or carelessness with say protection theres no excuse.

I'd say if you can say with certainty that the child will be majorly disabled relatively early on (first 3 months at latest), or if the pregnancy risks the mothers life its justifiable.

That's fairly reasonable.
    No.​

how can people on the one hand say all life is precious and abortion is bad.

but at the same time damn an arguable "life" when the means of it conception have been due to rape

is that "life" not precious anymore?

-

i am entirely pro-abortion, regardless the way of conception. if it were up to me they could hand out abortion pills like tic tacs.

but i want to understand the reason behind this half-assed argument