Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Pro Athletes?

Anyone here who once played pro or aims to?I have a pro offer right now and i am torn between accepting it or trying to go college in America.Some advice would be nice

i have played professionally tennis. max i reached: world ranking + first division in my country

if it werent for a serious injuriy i would right now be at the australian open and join all the fuckers i used to play some years ago since we are all the same age group and played more or less together either as partners of opponents in future/challenger pro tournaments

always follow your dream.

always.

pro in what? what's your offer?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i have played professionally tennis. max i reached: world ranking + first division in my country

if it werent for a serious injuriy i would right now be at the australian open and join all the fuckers i used to play some years ago since we are all the same age group and played more or less together either as partners of opponents in future/challenger pro tournaments

always follow your dream.

always.
    shit man

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post

- - - Updated - - -

shit man

took me couple years to accept having to live as a regular person and having to work for money. but im good now

Quote Originally Posted by R View Post

took me couple years to accept having to live as a regular person and having to work for money. but im good now

well it's good you moved on brother. it couldn't have been easy, stay strong

I used to be a football player in one of the best teams in my country.

[QUOTE=Ink Spot;2149340]pro in what? what's your offer?
    I play basketball and got an 2 year offer from a pro team in my country it is one of the worst teams but a pro team nonetheless.On the other hand i want to go to America and play collegeball but i dont know if i can manage it.It will probably take a huge toll on both my body and mind.I dont know what to do

[QUOTE=Jorgolen;2149573]
    I play basketball and got an 2 year offer from a pro team in my country it is one of the worst teams but a pro team nonetheless.On the other hand i want to go to America and play collegeball but i dont know if i can manage it.It will probably take a huge toll on both my body and mind.I dont know what to do
    where are you from? and there's money involved in the two year contract right?

[QUOTE=Loki;2149591]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgolen View Post

where are you from? and there's money involved in the two year contract right?
    Turkey.Yes there is money but not alot as i am 16,it is more like a if i perform exceptional i can get a chance to play in some of country's best teams kinda thing

[QUOTE=Jorgolen;2149596]
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Turkey.Yes there is money but not alot as i am 16,it is more like a if i perform exceptional i can get a chance to play in some of country's best teams kinda thing
    ah so around the euro league. then it should be no question then, just accept it imo. they obviously see potential in you to be signed at a young age, whether it be skill, physical frame or potential. there's a lot of money in the euro league and if you take the competition by storm then you could get scouted and make it big there.

there's also plenty of international scouts that may land you spot in north america where competition is a lot more fierce. the ncaa teams are leagues better than some european teams so if that's your dream then accept the offer and play your heart out.

what's your position, height, weight btw?

that's a tough choice, how sure of your skills are you that you'll be able to enter college basketball in usa? it's a tough league on its own.

[QUOTE=Loki;2149618]

ah so around the euro league. then it should be no question then, just accept it imo. they obviously see potential in you to be signed at a young age, whether it be skill, physical frame or potential. there's a lot of money in the euro league and if you take the competition by storm then you could get scouted and make it big there.

there's also plenty of international scouts that may land you spot in north america where competition is a lot more fierce. the ncaa teams are leagues better than some european teams so if that's your dream then accept the offer and play your heart out.

what's your position, height, weight btw?
    Im scared because im not crazy skilled but rather use my physique to bully other guards my age.I dont think i can do it against grown man,of course my fundamentals are good too but they are not exceptional at a national level.
    Position:PG
    Height:184 cm
    Weight:76 kg

- - - Updated - - -

that's a tough choice, how sure of your skills are you that you'll be able to enter college basketball in usa? it's a tough league on its own.
    I was thinking about D2 not D1

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Jorgolen;2149621]
    Im scared because im not crazy skilled but rather use my physique to bully other guards my age.I dont think i can do it against grown man,of course my fundamentals are good too but they are not exceptional at a national level.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

then i think what Loki said sounds like the best thing to do, keep practicing. do it well and go for euro league, there's still time before college. take the contract, and you'll see where you are in 2 years imo

if you still want to play in usa, there's still a chance for that. you're only 16

[QUOTE=Ink Spot;2149624]

then i think what Loki said sounds like the best thing to do, keep practicing. do it well and go for euro league, there's still time before college. take the contract, and you'll see where you are in 2 years imo

if you still want to play in usa, there's still a chance for that. you're only 16
    Yeah college seems i out of reach for now but i still have to make a choice of whether i continue playing my age group or take the contract.my family and friends say go for it,but im not sure if my athleticism will be enough to play with adults

Do both

Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    How did you end up here?

at what age?

[QUOTE=Jorgolen;2149621]

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

at least you're honest. i do agree that you're a little undersized to be physical around grown men who are probably an inch or three taller than you on average and weigh a bit more. regardless, you're only 16 and will probably grow a few more inches the next couple of years. it's up to you tho, i'd personally take this as a challenge to learn and develop skills playing with experienced ball players.

plus it might be a great time to develop some lateral quickness and overall speed to overcome your height
    Last edited by Loki; 01-25-2018 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halaros 536 View Post
    How did you end up here?
    I quit football, had nothing to do, started watching anime and found TMF while looking for decent forums.

at what age?
    12 - 17.

I quit football, had nothing to do, started watching anime and found TMF while looking for decent forums.

12 - 17.
    damn, where do you live?