Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Foreign Young Commanders Potential

Kou Yoku
    Haku Rei
    Fu Tei
    Kaine

it's been 5 years since these young commanders from other warring states last showed what they were capable of

how strong do you think they are currently and/or what rank do you think they are now in their respective military?
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Haku Rei will probably be left in Ko Yoku's shadow,Kou Yoku is Shin's EOS opponent to duel.Dont care about the others

A lot of people underrate Futei IMO. We'll see more of him soon. I wouldn't put Kaine in that bracket, though SSJ might be that age?

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgolen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haku Rei will probably be left in Ko Yoku's shadow,Kou Yoku is Shin's EOS opponent to duel.Dont care about the others
    I could see Kouyoku's final opponent being Mouten tbh. Mainly because if Kouen is still prime-ish, he'll be Chu's number 1 and so Shin's opponent.

I think Kou Yoku is the only meaningfull one.

Haku Rei is to remain a top archer while Futei has always been an emo bitch and Kaine a fangirl

Kouyoko is going to become a beast, Shin's Chu counterpart. Hakurei I can see developing into a bit of a Kouen type, one of the best archers in china but that doesn't usually translate well to combat abilities. Futei will be decently skilled but nothing special, and Kaine is pure trash.

So far Futei and Kaine never really show too much to be taken seriously
    Meanwhile Chu's should still be around Qin young generation's ability area

Futei's actual feats aren't bad at all. I don't think his gags should take away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgolen View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    A lot of people underrate Futei IMO. We'll see more of him soon. I wouldn't put Kaine in that bracket, though SSJ might be that age?

I could see Kouyoku's final opponent being Mouten tbh. Mainly because if Kouen is still prime-ish, he'll be Chu's number 1 and so Shin's opponent.
    Yeah Futei must be strong now, still he's no match for Qin 3
    Kaine is underrated IMO, she is a decent figther and can command well enough. Riboku dont trust her so much for nothing.

I believe those two will have a tag battle with HSU later, but not in this war.

They still no match for Chu's. And I would like to see Kou Yoku as a future Ou Hon duel and Haku Rei defeated by Mouten (CW rematch).
    Last edited by Ascot; 01-25-2018 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    Yeah Futei must be strong now, still he's no match for Qin 3
    Kaine is underrated IMO, she is a decent figther and can command well enough. Riboku dont trust her so much for nothing.

I believe those two will have a tag battle with HSU later, but not in this war.

They still no match for Chu's. And I would like to see Kou Yoku as a future Ou Hon duel and Haku Rei defeated by Mouten (CW rematch).
    honestly though, Futei and Kaine are made into gag characters in some part of the story. that's probably why we never take those 2 seriously.
    I wonder if Hara will try to make them an actual threat (on Qin 3 level or just let them keep being joke characters)

Hakurei and Kouyoko are probably progressing at the same or a tad bit less pace as the Qin 3.

Futei and Kaine should have also grown. It wouldn't be bad to see them go against Denrimi and Sou'ou who were said to be Generals under Ousen in the center army.

The fact that Riboku isn't using them for any important tasks during this battle while Qin's young guys are all making names for themselves doesn't put them in a good light.

reading back on some chapters, looks like fu tei may have actually already made general - assuming he's actually in charge of those 10k soldiers on the right flank of zhao's center wing

makes sense since it seems he's stationed there by his lonely, mirroring gyou'uns positioning
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    reading back on some chapters, looks like fu tei may have actually already made general - assuming he's actually in charge of those 10k soldiers on the right flank of zhao's center wing

makes sense since it seems he's stationed there by his lonely, mirroring gyou'uns positioning
    Maybe Mouten will slay Kisui/Batei and Futei will take over?

Always thought Futei was underrated anyway. We shouldn't let a gag effect our judgement on ability.

What did u think of the arc as a whole upon a re-read anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Maybe Mouten will slay Kisui/Batei and Futei will take over?
    idk. maybe if it happened earlier in the war, but feel the centre armies battle is imminent and he'll probably have more opportunity to shine there since it's the field that'll decide the outcome of this front. and if he's in direct competition with qin's 3 indie units his feats will probably just be overshadowed by theirs.

Always thought Futei was underrated anyway. We shouldn't let a gag effect our judgement on ability.
    same. while he lacks in strength, shin did remark that his speed alone might even give kyou kai a run for her money. his stats are exceptional, and he was the highest ranked of the young gen back during the coalition iirc.

What did u think of the arc as a whole upon a re-read anyways?
    kingdom in general has always been a much better read in bulk, but would say that goes especially for this arc and koku you.

while certain chapters felt slow reading it on a week by week basis, with another read through the pacing felt really fluid. really got more of an appreciation for the chapters or moments that probably would've been criticized when read weekly.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

starting to wonder how the foreign young commanders will mature quickly.

with qin for the most part having been the only state to invade others since the coalition, other states youth haven't had much opportunity to participate in large wars that'd significantly stimulate their growth.

it's a wonder by what merit they've even been getting promoted.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Well Kouyoku was there when the Chu fought Qin because of the Ai-rebellion. Against GG Moubu where Rokuomi, Mouten and Ouhon there. And looking at Rinbukun you can always give him some battle against foreign tribes if it is demanded.

Futei can also progress under the direct command of Riboku in Leadership and intelligence without actually going to wars all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    Well Kouyoku was there when the Chu fought Qin because of the Ai-rebellion. Against GG Moubu where Rokuomi, Mouten and Ouhon there. And looking at Rinbukun you can always give him some battle against foreign tribes if it is demanded.

Futei can also progress under the direct command of Riboku in Leadership and intelligence without actually going to wars all the time.
    the chu vs qin battle for ai was only like half a day tho, or so

and i guess fu tei has the xiongnu

but even if they do somehow manage to mature, it'd also impact their infamy. for instance, the independent unit captains are all somewhat well known but the rest of china's young gen are still completely hidden potentials. it'd be nice for them all to rise up to prominence at the same time, y'know.

to really represent a new era of military prowess for china.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    the chu vs qin battle for ai was only like half a day tho, or so

and i guess fu tei has the xiongnu

but even if they do somehow manage to mature, it'd also impact their infamy. for instance, the independent unit captains are all somewhat well known but the rest of china's young gen are still completely hidden potentials. it'd be nice for them all to rise up to prominence at the same time, y'know.

to really represent a new era of military prowess for china.
    I know what you mean, Futei has this arc to at least demonstrate what hes worth as a commander. His fighting skills should be out of question.

Kouyoku on the other end will be out of the picture for some time, so that will be kinda hard. Hakurai i see more of his 2nd in command.

Kaine is clearly worthless...

idk. kaine clearly doesn't have gg potential, but could see her becoming a rin ko type in the distant future.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

She'll be lucky if she hits Gakuei level.