Bakugo vs Shigaraki

Who would take this 1v1? My impression is that Shiggy is overall stronger but a bad match up here.

I never see him as combat type

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never see him as combat type
    Shiggy is pretty good though, he went toe to toe with Eraserhead and did some damage on him. He's also quite fast. But he got his ass kicked by Stain.

He should be a little stronger than his LoV subordinates like Dabi

Shigaraki didn't really go toe-to-toe with Aizawa. All he really did was get tackled and manage to grab Aizawa's elbow.

I also can't see him being above Dabi overall due to their quirk types.

Shigaraki doesn't really synergize well with quirks like Bakugou's. Not only is it a gap closer, it would still do some good damage as well. However, if Shigaraki is really serious about getting the kill, then the second he can get his quirk off, Bakugou's literal paste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    Shiggy is pretty good though, he went toe to toe with Eraserhead and did some damage on him. He's also quite fast. But he got his ass kicked by Stain.

He should be a little stronger than his LoV subordinates like Dabi
    He had help from Nomou against Eraserhead though, I see Dabi stronger than him. I see him more like Joker, not that good at fighting but great at leading.

He had help from Nomou against Eraserhead though, I see Dabi stronger than him. I see him more like Joker, not that good at fighting but great at leading.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    Shigaraki didn't really go toe-to-toe with Aizawa. All he really did was get tackled and manage to grab Aizawa's elbow.

I also can't see him being above Dabi overall due to their quirk types.

Shigaraki doesn't really synergize well with quirks like Bakugou's. Not only is it a gap closer, it would still do some good damage as well. However, if Shigaraki is really serious about getting the kill, then the second he can get his quirk off, Bakugou's literal paste.
    It was a short scuffle and Eraserhead could beat him 1 v 1 but that feat shows us his fighting intelligence and combat speed. He's no slouch.

Also, are you guys forgetting Dabi's clone absolutely got his ass whooped by Eraserhead?

If Bakugo knew what the score was then Shigaraki would probably lose.

Shiggy should take it. A weaker version managed to do some damage to Eraserhead, & he also spooked tf out of Overhaul during the Yakuza LoV scuffle

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    It was a short scuffle and Eraserhead could beat him 1 v 1 but that feat shows us his fighting intelligence and combat speed. He's no slouch.

Also, are you guys forgetting Dabi's clone absolutely got his ass whooped by Eraserhead?
    well yea, against Bakugo it could go either way. I am leaning towards Bakugo though due to quirk advantage.

Well thats because it was a clone, did you forget what Dabi did to that sand hero?

well yea, against Bakugo it could go either way. I am leaning towards Bakugo though due to quirk advantage.

Well thats because it was a clone, did you forget what Dabi did to that sand hero?
    Twice knocked Dabi for his performance so I assume clones are their combat equivalents given Dabi could still communicate and use his powers, I don't know exactly how it works though.

Dabi has a strong and destructive quirk though, he might beat Shiggy one on one due to the match up but I'd place him a little lower

Bakugou was already fending off about half of the villain league during the Kacchan Rescue Arc

Granted, they weren't going all out trying to kill him, but if Bakugou held the advantage in a 6 to 1 encounter then I fail to see how Shigaraki alone can win.