Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Kingdom Game Interest Thread/Game Discussion

So, coming from random idea about chess type game in Kingdom Seasonal Tournament thread. Since @Crispickle; said to make a thread first, I'll just do so. This is meant as a general interest check for the game and brainstorming for game mechanics.

Basic things that I thought will probably be like:

1. Map
    For now the idea is to use standard 8x8 chessboard, each square representing a type of terrain. E.g: Plain area (standard), forest (provide stealth, reduce movement speed), hill/mountain (defence bonus), etc

2. Battle Mechanic
    Each player will have 4-5 game piece, representing a general and their unit's troops. The number of troops will be treated as their HP. As the piece meet enemy in the gameboard, they will attack each other and damage will reduce their HP (damage calculation hasn't been thought up yet).

3. Character
    Player can pick Kingdom characters as their piece, with a set limit ofc. maybe a budget limit to purchase certain character or something.
    Each character will give some trait to the unit (e.x Rihaku: increase defence; Raido: increase atk in forest, etc), while a CIC will give a trait to across all units (Riboku: movement speed+1, Moubu: increase all unit atk, Ousen: increase initial deployment area).

4. Winning condition
    would probably go down to: Kill the CIC piece, do more damage to enemy troops or capture the biggest area of the map

Anyway, would probably think up more if there's people who's interested in it, since otherwise it's a waste of time. Would love input, but probably shouldn't make things too complicated for starter?

honest thought though... there will be ton of problems for this to work, namely balanced damage calculation/abilities, turn based system and hosting

so it's basically a sort of fire emblem like game, rather than a chess like one?

so winning is by having more pieces that your opponent (hence capturing more area) when the time ends, or kill the CIC (?) piece, Am i right?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so it's basically a sort of fire emblem like game, rather than a chess like one?
    more or less.
    it would probably capture the strategy aspect of the manga by letting you choose the direction on where to go. Movement mechanic should probably deal with teleporting problem, and if we get around making a game with a host to direct it (crispy corner style each turn), then it might be possible for thing like "hid enemy pieces that isn't X squares away from your own/is in forest/etc"

again problems everywhere though..
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    so winning is by having more pieces that your opponent (hence capturing more area) when the time ends, or kill the CIC (?) piece, Am i right?
    that's what i had in mind anyway. Oh, the capture more area is like how much area has been covered by each side at time end. haven't decide if it's for all or for some game only. It's still an idea

for example the side who is pushing through (having control 6 row of gameboard) would win instead of the one who stay defensive/holed up near the deployment area (only control 2 row of gameboard)

hmm

maybe for this kind of setting we'd be better off throwing the qualitative approach (interpetations, crispy corners etc) and relying on a more enumerable stat-based system (like giving the generals skills and stats according to their role and portrayal). This makes the game easier to play but harder to build, admittedly.

i want to think this through.

hmm

maybe for this kind of setting we'd be better off throwing the qualitative approach (interpetations, crispy corners etc) and relying on a more enumerable stat-based system (like giving the generals skills and stats according to their role and portrayal). This makes the game easier to play but harder to build, admittedly.

i want to think this through.
    Yeah, pretty much

open to suggestions on damage formula and mechanics. Although to make one we'll need things like "how long the game is expected" and "how easy to destroy pieces that we expect"

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    Yeah, pretty much

open to suggestions on damage formula and mechanics. Although to make one we'll need things like "how long the game is expected" and "how easy to destroy pieces that we expect"
    yeah exactly

probably the shorter the better

Why aren't we just playing CyK?

My exams end in about 3 weeks, let's try to gather a team by then?

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Why aren't we just playing CyK?

My exams end in about 3 weeks, let's try to gather a team by then?
    might end up hosting one but not before my own exams end, in... about 3 weeks actually

might end up hosting one but not before my own exams end, in... about 3 weeks actually

How's the interest for now? @Void; @gn_x00; @felixng2015; @Nordlending; @Aliasniamor; @Cyri;

For a CyK game, of course.

Would be willing to be a judge but not a participant.

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Would be willing to be a judge but not a participant.
    Why are you breaking my heart like this?

If its in 3 weeks I might have time then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post

i'll try it out
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    i'll try it out
    Nice.

How's the interest for now? @Void; @gn_x00; @felixng2015; @Nordlending; @Aliasniamor; @Cyri;

For a CyK game, of course.
    no time except on weekends

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Honestly, i probably wouldn't have time to play full game

Also this looks less complicated. As long as it doesn't take like an hour plus for strats im good .