View Poll Results: Better novel of the last two?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Feast For Crows

1 33.33%
  • A Dance Of Dragons

2 66.67%

A Feast For Crows VS A Dance Of Dragons

Which do you think was the better novel?

I prefer A Dance Of Dragons because it got the plot moving more and it had less focus on stuff i don't care about.
    Last edited by Neko; 01-14-2018 at 09:50 AM.

A Feast of Crows was just brutual; nothing really happened in it.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Retired
    AFfC is more about the atmosphere, which it excelled in. You need a breather after something like the third book.

ADwD, on the other hand, was supposed to move the plot forward, but failed miserably...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A Feast of Crows was just brutual; nothing really happened in it.
    Nothing happened in ADwD either. There was so much nothing that Martin had to push back two big battles to a book that will likely never be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing happened in ADwD either. There was so much nothing that Martin had to push back two big battles to a book that will likely never be released.
    It was still set up for the most part but it felt more eventful then a AFFC particularly in the Jon/north chapters. Tyrion not meeting Dany though was a big let down and we really should had gotten atleast one major battle.

If Winds is never going to come out Martin could atleast had revealed if Stannis prevails in his version of the story or not.
    Last edited by Neko; 01-14-2018 at 03:44 PM.

I read ADwD expecting the westeros plot (specially in the North) to move forward and instead I got a shit ton of Daenerys and Essos chapters that I mostly don't care about, so yeah...

Slight edge to A Dance With Dragons. I like them both about the same - solid, entertaining fantasy with a few amazing moments, but not quite on the level of the first three books of the series.