Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    however it's not impossible to defeat an opponent who's on the same level as you with no actual problem. Therefore, I can't agree with you.
    with hax, maybe. but it's not really possible to completely overwhelm another brute fighter that's on the same level as you using only brawn yourself.

Could you remind me what makes Mard Geer's durability city level? I'm pretty sure he wasn't directly attacked by the Celestial Spirit King, and Mard matching CSK's strikes and piercing his amor with thorns would only apply to his DC. Leaving that aside, if Natsu with Dragon Force was scaled from Gray piercing Mard Geer, then I have to say he shouldn't scale. Gray's attacks are more potent against demons, so putting Natsu on the same level is probably wrong.
    in fairy tail a characters physical strength increases proportionally to their magical power, i.e. if a characters magical power increases so does the strength of their body. they go hand in hand. so mard demonstrating, by casually matching his blood lusted attacks, that he was superior to the version of csk summoned in that fight would allow him to scale all around.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    with hax, maybe. but it's not really possible to completely overwhelm another brute fighter that's on the same level as you using only brawn yourself.
    You don't really need a hax. Neji and Lee are good examples. Lee is physically stronger than Neji, however Gentle Fist is what keeps Lee from overwhelming him. Nothing but fighting style. Well, both Natsu and most of the Nine Demon Gates are focusing on pure strength (with application of magic), so I guess one has to be a fairly stronger than the other in order to overwhelm him. I guess you're right here.

in fairy tail a characters physical strength increases proportionally to their magical power, i.e. if a characters magical power increases so does the strength of their body. they go hand in hand. so mard demonstrating, by casually matching his blood lusted attacks, that he was superior to the version of csk summoned in that fight would allow him to scale all around.
    I could argue about that, however I don't remember much of Fairy Tail world and the rules of magic, so most likely you're correct once again.

i'ma actually go ahead and contradict this

base natsu would be small city scaling from a feat gray performed in the sun village arc

lfd would be likely city. obviously a substantial increase from his base form and based on how effortlessly he was able to pummel the 9 demon gates in that form he could arguably scale to jellal.

natsu with dragon force would be city+. he didn't only slightly damage mard, he blatantly overpowered him by a large margin for the brief moment he was able to maintain the form.
    But Gray's feat was performed using Silver's Devil Slaying magic. So it should scale only to Gray with DeS. And as far as I remember, Gray with DeS was definetly stronger than base Natsu.

8-0 for Natsu

I will add his win later

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Fair enough

I accept

2 week avatar bet
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Yeah,sure..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    alright

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Torch View Post
    But Gray's feat was performed using Silver's Devil Slaying magic. So it should scale only to Gray with DeS. And as far as I remember, Gray with DeS was definetly stronger than base Natsu.
    it wasn't. he was able to convert it into ice his magic could use by passing it through his body, but he wasn't able to melt or control it that way as he said himself.

the actual process of evaporating the ice was done through his own power
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

it wasn't. he was able to convert it into ice his magic could use by passing it through his body, but he wasn't able to melt or control it that way as he said himself.

the actual process of evaporating the ice was done through his own power
    The thing is, he still performed this feat by using himself as a conductor for Silver's ice. He himself said that he cannot melt the ice by himself. So the only way he can replicate such a feat is with the usage of Devil Slaying, which he now has.

So the only way he can replicate such a feat is with the usage of Devil Slaying, which he now has.
    or... by converting the ice into something his magic could control, like he said he'd do in the scan i referenced. the devil slaying magic wasn't something he could control back then as he also said in the scan referenced, he literally couldn't perform the feat using devil slaying magic. wasn't possible for him to melt the ice using the slaying magic, which is why he went through the whole process of changing the ice's property.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

or... by converting the ice into something his magic could control, like he said he'd do in the scan i referenced. the devil slaying magic wasn't something he could control back then as he also said in the scan referenced, he literally couldn't perform the feat using devil slaying magic. wasn't possible for him to melt the ice using the slaying magic, which is why he went through the whole process of changing the ice's property.
    I get that, it's just that the whole situation implied that Gray wouldn't be able to pull it off by himself.

Heck, this is why Silver originally got the scaling. This feat showed Gray's strength when using DeS. He converted DeS into his ice, which means that his ice was powered by Silver's ice.

So it makes more sense for Gray with DeS to get the scaling, not base Gray without it.

Never good when the character of far less quality wins

Quote Originally Posted by Efege View Post
    8-0 for Natsu

I will add his win later
    Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Krash View Post
    Where?
    http://ubd.wikia.com/wiki/Meruem

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Fair enough

I accept

2 week avatar bet
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Yeah,sure..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    alright

I get that, it's just that the whole situation implied that Gray wouldn't be able to pull it off by himself.

Heck, this is why Silver originally got the scaling. This feat showed Gray's strength when using DeS. He converted DeS into his ice, which means that his ice was powered by Silver's ice.

So it makes more sense for Gray with DeS to get the scaling, not base Gray without it.
    i really don't think you do, man

the scan explicitly points out that he couldn't use the slayer magic to melt the ice. that he couldn't control the des magic. but you're still insisting he somehow did.

silver would've gotten the scaling regardless because it was performed by a character weaker than himself, it wouldn't have been dependent on whether or not gray used his magic
    Last edited by bootleg boy; 01-14-2018 at 06:45 PM.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Efege View Post

i really don't think you do, man

the scan explicitly points out that he couldn't use the slayer magic to melt the ice. that he couldn't control the des magic. but you're still insisting he somehow did.

silver would've gotten the scaling regardless because it was performed by a character weaker than himself, it wouldn't have been dependent on whether or not gray used his magic
    Ok, I reread the scene, and I think I got it. Sorry, I mixed things up a bit.

So basically he used himself as a conductor, but also converted the DeS ice into his own ice, correct?

Still, if he's able to replicate that feat in base why would he even need to redirect the DeS ice? He should've been able to use his own power for that.

Plus, even if the DeS ice was converted into his own ice, he still used the ice in the village as a power source.

And it was strongly implied that he wouldn't be able to replicate this feat without the said ice in the village.

Still, if he's able to replicate that feat in base why would he even need to redirect the DeS ice? He should've been able to use his own power for that.
    because he was unable to change the ice's property otherwise. his own power doesn't work on the ice so he had to change it into ice his power could work on. his only problem was the ice's property, he didn't need more power to perform the feat.

Plus, even if the DeS ice was converted into his own ice, he still used the ice in the village as a power source.

And it was strongly implied that he wouldn't be able to replicate this feat without the said ice in the village.
    he never used it as a power source. he can channel it or pass it through his body but that doesn't mean that he can control or use it. was mentioned several times that he can't control or use it.

if he can't control or use the des magic it can't serve as a power source for him.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

because he was unable to change the ice's property otherwise. his own power doesn't work on the ice so he had to change it into ice his power could work on. his only problem was the ice's property, he didn't need more power to perform the feat.

he never used it as a power source. he can channel it or pass it through his body but that doesn't mean that he can control or use it. was mentioned several times that he can't control or use it.

if he can't control or use the des magic it can't serve as a power source for him.
    Ooh, I see.

Makes sense I guess. I still think it's weird that the only way he could change the property of the ice is using converted DeS Ice, but I rest my case. I don't quite agree, but the feat in question can be interpreted differently, so I guess it's alright.