Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mafia Variant (The Resistance) Interest Check

I recently played a board game called The Resistance irl and I feel as though it would be pretty fun to play here on TMF. I'm looking to start this game in about a week's time but I will be able to adjust the time if needed to accomodate more players. I'm looking for about 10 players to start with, so a medium sized game.

Rules:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Resistance_(game)

At the beginning of this variant players are assigned into one of two factions, The Resistance and the government spies, with one player being selected as the Merlin. The resistance is the uninformed majority or town and the Spies are the informed minority or mafia. The Merlin is a member of the town who is made aware of the identity of the Spies at the beginning of the game.

The game is split into five quests, or phases, which proceed as follows. At the beginning of every quest, a player is randomly assigned the leader role (though if needed this can be changed to be in sequential order by how people signed up). The leader can then consult all other players in order to form a team of players to go on the quest (the size of the team depends on the phase). This team is then either approved or rejected by the other players. If the team is approved, they go on a quest and if its rejected, a new player becomes leader. The quest is also denied if there is a tie between the number of approvals and rejections. If five teams are rejected in a row the Spies automatically win. Once approved the team goes on the quest where they vote for it to either succeed or fail. If you are Town, you must vote for the mission to succeed, if mafia, you can vote to succeed or fail. All it takes is for a single member to vote for the mission to fail for it to fail as a whole (excepting some special occasions). If the spies can fail three of the five missions, they win. If the Resistance succeed in three of the five missions they win if the Spies guess wrong. At the end of the game, the Spies can guess the identity of the Merlin, and if they are correct, they are deemed the winners.

Those are the basic rules. Other clarifications will be posted if necessary.

Current list of players:
    1. Kat
    2. Majesty Kaido
    3. Allara (tentative)
    4. Doots
    5. Ink Spot
    6. Crispy
    7. Nikamara
    8. VICE
    9. Aether
    10. Albion

Subs:

1. DoflaMihawk
    2. Zu
    3. Nordlending
    4. White
    5. Halaros 536
    6. Umber
    7. Finalbeta
    Last edited by Kane; 01-12-2018 at 04:08 PM.

Finalbeta's Final Meltdown
    Quote Originally Posted by Finalbeta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

And when the moon will be up I will still be on the group and when the sun then will rise I still will surprise. Make me join do it for me I'm a friend of yours please make me fucking join I need it. Too much freaking has been passed and I cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried just in order to join

Please my man please do it for me I need it I need I need it I need this I just need this make me join I fucking need it to continue my NF path from where it ended.

This must happen

Don't stop make it happen make it happen my dream

Don't stop make it happeeeeeennm

Don't stop make it happeeeeeeeeen

I just need so for my life you have to fucking do it please help me

I will do good I will do indeed good give me trust for once my man please I know you can do it? Of course you can. Please your heart is filled in kindness and I know that so help me I need it. I need your love I need your help and this is all the fuck I can prove to you please accept me in the group. Accept me at least once. Please.

I've heard of this before, I'd be down. I think we could use a break from the regular mafia format that's not...AG

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    I've heard of this before, I'd be down. I think we could use a break from the regular mafia format that's not...AG
    Yeah for sure. Mafia is a classic but I think a change of pace would be nice.

Also is there a list of players mentioned that I can copy and paste?

And when the moon will be up I will still be on the group and when the sun then will rise I still will surprise. Make me join do it for me I'm a friend of yours please make me fucking join I need it. Too much freaking has been passed and I cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried just in order to join

Please my man please do it for me I need it I need I need it I need this I just need this make me join I fucking need it to continue my NF path from where it ended.

This must happen

I will do good I will do indeed good give me trust for once my man please I know you can do it? Of course you can. Please your heart is filled in kindness and I know that so help me I need it. I need your love I need your help and this is all the fuck I can prove to you please accept me in the group. Accept me at least once. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bald Headed Negro View Post
    Yeah for sure. Mafia is a classic but I think a change of pace would be nice.

Also is there a list of players mentioned that I can copy and paste?
    Check the first posts in some arena threads

You're just like the rest Katyusha's Avatar
    If this game starts at the 18th then sure I'll join.

If not then call me out.

Last edited by Kane; 01-11-2018 at 09:32 PM.

This must happen

I'm in!

Ugh why do you fags always change names

This must happen

sign me up, but put me on pending for now.

in

sure

in, definitely

Hold for applause (◡‿◡✿) Nikamara's Avatar
    In
    seems simple enough
    Nika's Fairy Tail Reading Log - click here!
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikamara View Post
    In
    seems simple enough
    I actually had you on my ignore list after that one mafia game where you went insane. Guess I'll take you off now

This must happen

Secret hitler could work too. I can try this

Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    Secret hitler could work too. I can try this
    Yeah thats also a good game within the mafia family.

This must happen

Hold for applause (◡‿◡✿) Nikamara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bald Headed Negro View Post
    I actually had you on my ignore list after that one mafia game where you went insane. Guess I'll take you off now
    which game? I think I went berserk in quite a few ._.
    Nika's Fairy Tail Reading Log - click here!
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

when is this starting?

Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    when is this starting?
    In a week, tentatively.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikamara View Post
    which game? I think I went berserk in quite a few ._.
    The one where you were town but I kept hammering you.

This must happen

lets try this out. IN