Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luffy hates Akainu sure but if his goal was defeating him, then he would say that. We know Luffy, he does always what he wants. No one can stop him. And Luffy's goal is defeating the Yonko. He really doesn't care about whooping a Marine Admirals ass in the long term plans. Sure if he sees him, he wouldn't waste that opportunity as he did with Fujitora, but he isn't really planning to beat them like he plans to beat the Yonko.

Sabo on the other hand, did nothing to save his brother, he should feel more responsible. And then, defeating the World Government is Revolutionary Armies job. And Akainu is one of the most trustable and reliable ally of the World Government.
    You're getting confused. We weren't talking about Sabo's goals. We were talking about Ace's. People were suggesting that Sabo could inherit Ace's will, and that would lead him to defeat Akainu. My point was that Ace never really had a grudge against Akainu, at least not compared to Luffy. (Though I suppose he was briefly pissed off at Akainu for insulting Whitebeard.)

Sabo wasn't present when Akainu killed Ace. Luffy was present. Ace even died to save Luffy. And Luffy got a huge scar from Akainu. Somehow you think this makes Akainu a more fitting opponent for Sabo?

Luffy needs to seek out the yonkou. He doesn't need to seek out the admirals, because they'll come to him. It's inevitable that Luffy will fight an admiral, and the most fitting is obviously Akainu - the only future antagonist he has shown real hatred for.
    Last edited by barreltheif; 01-12-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    "What!? Obviously Doflamingo and any other New World saga antagonist can easily beat that Whitebeard pirate with the top hat whose name I forgot, the one who appeared for a few panels at Marineford. Also Barreltheif is my favorite poster on NF." - Eiichiro Oda (SBS)

Luffy needs to be the one to drop Akainu.

The marines are basically the most powerful opposition in the story, no way we're going through the story without having a big marine villain carry an arc and nobody fits the bill like Sakazuki who is basically the reason the Marines are the threat that they are. I guess the dumpster fire of a character known as Sabo can be involved and play the Law to Akainu's Doflamingo when the time comes, but that's the best he should hope for in that regard. The revolutionaries enemies are the Government directly so going after Kong would be more fitting if they need a guy for Sabo to tango with.

Akainu's magma punch looks like a gear 3 punch. And he is definitely on Luffy's i will kick your ass list. First is not enough to say Luffy will fight him but it could be foreshadowing. Luffy and Sabo might do a double finisher but Luffy will play part in his defeat in one way or another.
    Last edited by Neko; 01-13-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Akainu would win handily. He is one of the most experienced top tiers with a recent win over Aokiji in an intense life and death battle. I'd say he is currently the strongest character behind Kaido.

Blackbeard is powerful but lacks the battle toughness and combat experience necessary to defeat Akainu.

Sabo should be the one to defeat Akainu while Luffy focuses on Blackbeard

Erkan is not here to defend Begbeard

I'd give it to Akainu for now. As for Sabo vs Akainu:

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    Akainu would win handily. He is one of the most experienced top tiers with a recent win over Aokiji in an intense life and death battle. I'd say he is currently the strongest character behind Kaido.

Blackbeard is powerful but lacks the battle toughness and combat experience necessary to defeat Akainu.

Kuzan the man who took Akainu to 10 days is currently a subordinate of Blackbeard's

How does Akainu win this? His fruit is useless here and unlike WB, Teach can two hit him and dodge the counter

The guy lost to a deathbed Yonkou and backed down from a fresh one but he is going to beat the final villain?

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post

If Sanji and Zoro were to fight admirals like Kizaru and Fujitora respectively, wouldnt it make sense for Luffy to also fight an admiral? S