Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 151 of 151
  1. #141
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    60,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Zu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would be a lot smaller if it wasn't subsurface.

    And okay. That energy is enough to wipe out a town though if applied differently. That's not the point I was trying to make though. What you're implying with the Deku thing is that he's hundreds of times less energetic than All Might when using 100% of OfA.
    I'm implying he's city block level while All Might is mcb, what's the problem

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm implying he's city block level while All Might is mcb, what's the problem
    Nevermind.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

  3. #143
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    60,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Zu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nevermind.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You need some sleep man.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    deku's arms and/or body literally being torn apart isn't his "withstanding" the force

    adrenaline was obviously a factor during the fight as well. not something that would suddenly became a factor afterwards.



    i didn't say you did. even said in my post just now that you acknowledged that it wasn't made about deku. but you did use that statement to substantiate your argument that midoriya was down just like his peers, saying "the rest followed after".

    "because the panel which i remember is specifically commenting how he "took out" more than half of the class in one go. the rest followed after. that is incapacitating the enemy."

    basically you were trying to draw an indirect correlation between shoto's statement to deku's group while at the same time acknowledging the statement wasn't actually made in reference to them

    kinda self-conflicting, but there was nothing else for you to use that'd support your argument outside of simply the fight ending since deku was never actually shown to be incapacitated.

    and the fight ending doesn't mean his opponents couldn't go on since it was just a training session. deku would've needed to be literally incapacitated for you to even begin to argue that mirio's punch exceeded his endurance. even then it's a dead point since the reason deku was able to maintain consciousness during his fight with muscular was explicitly noted to be because of something that wasn't a factor in his fight with mirio.

    the level of full cowl he was using in each scenario was even different
    you dont only get a durability scaling when you tank attacks without a scratch. you get the durability scaling when you get hit with attacks of a certain magnitude and you still manage to consecutively stand up again and fight - even more so when you physically manage to stall the incoming force with your own. at the same time you get the DC scaling when you manage to hurt someone physically who has the durability scaling, you dont need to outright incapacitate them in one blow.

    as for midoriya i dont think you deny him MCB DC, so i do not understand why you argue for him not having similar durability. him clearly taking musculars, a fellow MCB character is more than enough proof.

    i do not argue he is town level or something since he "took one of all might blows and all might said he will "give it his all"", since that would not be the logical conclusion. but him having anything but MCB at the very least is not a logical conclusion either.

    i dont know where you take the information from that him using full cowl comes in levels, can you link me to that? because this is not the information i have. he got taken down in full cowl - the same full cowl which gives him MCB durability in the first phase. and again, while i strongly disagree with your claim that deku was not incapacitated, since we see mirio first rushing from one half of the class "taking them down" to the second half of the class, taking them down in the same matter and we later see midoriya still holding his stomach like everyone else - we dont even need that as a reason for him getting the DC scaling. we dont need it in every other series and there is absolutely no reason why we would need it here. simply stating "because of quirks its different" holds no value when the on panel feats speak a different language

  6. #146
    WORST MANIPULATOR Efege's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    9,182
    Lol 8 Pages.

    Have this guy even a Hax Move?

  7. #147
    Mirio has literally no offensive abilities aside from punching and kicking.

  8. #148
    Tbf that MCB calc is pretty flawed even on a cursory glance.
    It's assuming Shoto instantly evaporated the ice, despite it being noted at the start of the next chapter that they had to hold off on starting the next match until the ice in the arena had thawed.

    Thawed. Not evaporated like the calc assumed.

    That's without getting into the internal consistency of the character. His ice and fire are for balancing each other out so they can be used at their fullest without detriment to his body.
    It's taking a giant shit on his character to believe he can just neg his best ice ability instantly without even using his flames, just the passive heat emanating from his left, which is what was shown he does to counteract frostbite after that match.

    As far as this durability debate is concerned, people need to simply look at the definition of the word

    It's being unscathed from damage. Plain and simple.
    Taking damage and continuing is a testament to endurance, not durability.

  9. #149
    @Numinous One;

    i found different definitions, some merely indicating a resitance

    the ability to withstand wear, pressure, or damage.
    able to resist wear, decay, etc., well; lasting; enduring.
    there are some who define it like you said.

    the fact of something continuing to be used without getting damaged:
    however this is mostly used to describe goods (like toys).

    -

    and we usually go with durability when something withstand damage, not when he completly brushes it off without any at all.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Numinous One;

    i found different definitions, some merely indicating a resitance





    there are some who define it like you said.



    however this is mostly used to describe goods (like toys).

    -

    and we usually go with durability when something withstand damage, not when he completly brushes it off without any at all.
    Bruh.

    That's what withstand means. To be undamaged, unaffected, to resist successfully, to be proof against.

    It's all the same.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Numinous One View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bruh.

    That's what withstand means. To be undamaged, unaffected, to resist successfully, to be proof against.

    It's all the same.
    how come we use durability in a different way all this years? its pretty weird to be okay with it all the time and just in this instance point to the literal meaning of the word

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •