Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 155
  1. #1

    The Monster Trio vs Mirio Togata

    Round 1 - Arlong Park Arc
    Round 2 - Little Garden Arc
    Round 3 - Drum Island Arc
    Round 4 - Alabasta Arc
    Round 5 - Skypiea Arc
    Round 6 - Long Ring Long Land Arc
    Round 7 - Water 7 Arc
    Round 8 - Enies Lobby Arc
    Round 9 - Thriller Bark Arc
    Round 10 - Sabaody Archipelago Arc
    Round 11 - Fishman Island Arc
    Round 12 - Punk Hazard Arc
    Round 13 - Dressrosa Arc
    Round 14 - Whole Cake Island Arc
    Round 15 - Zou Arc

    Scenario 1 - Mirio Togata has no knowledge of their abilities
    Scenario 2 - Mirio Togata has full knowledge of their abilities

    Speed Equal


    Location - Marineford
    Fear me, for I am Meng Hao


    [/spoiler]https://i.imgur.com/MW5gyad.gif[/spoiler]

  2. #2
    clears 1-3 easily

    no idea for the rest. hasnt alabasta reached town level for luffy?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    clears 1-3 easily

    no idea for the rest. hasnt alabasta reached town level for luffy?
    Yep, from the Gomu Gomu no Storm.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

  4. #4
    Pretty Flacko Jr. bootleg boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    10,707
    i don't see how he clears even round 1 tbh

    issue is how he'd manage to get around luffy's blunt force resistance

    luffy could honestly just outlast him
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

  5. #5
    wasnt arlong parc arc luffy something along the lines of building level?

    togata should be comfortably in the multi city block range

  6. #6
    Pretty Flacko Jr. bootleg boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    10,707
    mirio possessing multi-city block lvl stats is kinda hard to believe tbh, but even going by that luffy's rubber body allows him to endure blunt attacks way out of his ballpark
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

  7. #7
    why would that be hard to believe? from what i recall shoto from 2 arcs ago set the bar or so

  8. #8
    Pretty Flacko Jr. bootleg boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    10,707
    outside of their quirks bnha characters are just athletic humans, and unlike shota's ability mirio's quirk doesn't have any focus on power whatsoever. mirio is certainly skilled enough to tango with high level people but can't imagine him matching the raw power of either, say, a physical augmentation quirk user like muscular or powerful emitter quirk users like the todoroki's with just his physical strength; like the mcb scaling would imply he's capable of
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

  9. #9
    nah. we cant deny basic scaling. shoto in the tournament arc was considered MB level, since then he has fought people who have no clear defensive quirks and they still took his attacks and countered with similar or greater energy. mirio is way above all these perps.

    gonna find some scans later on.

    mirio being real life athlete level doesnt do him justice in the grand scheme of scalings

  10. #10
    Pretty Flacko Jr. bootleg boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    10,707
    i'm sure he's above regular human level to some extent, but mcb seems like a stretch. especially with quirk users often having to hold back their powers so they don't kill. like, mirio competing with muscular or even rappa in a physical exchange doesn't seem like it'd make sense within the context of the series. but maybe i'm just forgetting something.

    - - - Updated - - -

    for instance, chisaki even noted how 10% - 20% deku was faster and stronger physically than nighteye and mirio and i'm pretty sure he's only mcb with 100% rn
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

  11. #11
    Hahahaha, as if Mirio has Multi-City Block AP or Durability? Come on, what is even the basis for this? I think Mirio would have a hard time even punching his way through a brick wall.

  12. #12
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    83,996
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wasnt arlong parc arc luffy something along the lines of building level?

    togata should be comfortably in the multi city block range
    Nigga what are you smoking

    Togata has no strength enhancement. He is at best several times above peak human. I think 10x peak is a generous upper estimate. Without physical enhancement quirk characters from bnha are considered normal humans but since it's a fictional verse they can tango with the physically enhanced.

    Luffy at the beginning of the series is not only supersonic, but like magnitudes stronger. Unless you're telling me togato can lift a sea king and use it as a weapon, too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    nah. we cant deny basic scaling. shoto in the tournament arc was considered MB level, since then he has fought people who have no clear defensive quirks and they still took his attacks and countered with similar or greater energy. mirio is way above all these perps.

    gonna find some scans later on.

    mirio being real life athlete level doesnt do him justice in the grand scheme of scalings
    You can't scale DC like this

    This is some top tier wanking from a character you're clearly a little gay for. I don't even post in the UBD and I'm offended by the quality of this discussion.


  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nigga what are you smoking

    Togata has no strength enhancement. He is at best several times above peak human. I think 10x peak is a generous upper estimate. Without physical enhancement quirk characters from bnha are considered normal humans but since it's a fictional verse they can tango with the physically enhanced.

    Luffy at the beginning of the series is not only supersonic, but like magnitudes stronger. Unless you're telling me togato can lift a sea king and use it as a weapon, too.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You can't scale DC like this

    This is some top tier wanking from a character you're clearly a little gay for. I don't even post in the UBD and I'm offended by the quality of this discussion.


    regardless the verse we usually scale tierings of characters like this. when character A has a calced value given for his DC and character B,C or D manage to tank attacks from character A they get that value ascribed for their durability. often times as well for their own DC due to it being a logical conclusion.

    if Character 1 manages to damage Character B,C or D he gets the scaling. If he manages to damage Characters who are clearly physically superior to these characters he gets the scaling as well.

    Mirio managed to 1hit punch midoriya while the latter had One for All flowing through his entire body. In that mode he took massive hits from "Muscular" and still stood strong. Emphasis was on him hitting a crucial spot on Midoriyas body, however without the relevant striking strenght he would have been able to penetrate Midoriyas defense in the first place.

    You said it yourself, due to it being a fictional verse it allows regular, trained people to catch up to people who have own defensive quirks. This is basically the same rule for every fictional battle shonen.

    We dont deny scaling just because it would make sense in the way we would perceive it from a logical point of view using real life logic. We deny scaling when there are no feats present to underline that scaling.

    Mirio managed to 1 Hit a stronger, more skilled and more experienced Midoriya in Full Cowl mode - which is all the feat he needs to get MCB scaling.

  14. #14
    Pretty Flacko Jr. bootleg boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    10,707
    feel you're scaling much too loosely here

    everyone's not denying it here using real life logic, everyone disagrees because it doesn't make sense even within the context of the series itself. mirio just doesn't have feats of either withstanding or dishing out mcb levels of force.

    you wouldn't need mcb lvl strength to either harm or defeat deku, and mirio didn't even knock deku out so it's kinda disingenuous to argue deku was withstanding attacks from muscular but couldn't withstand a single attack from mirio - since he wasn't actually down for the count from that blow. nobody was, actually; despite it being noted that mirio doesn't know how to hold back.

    so that example doesn't really go to show that mirio has power comparable to muscular. muscular was breaking deku's bones with each blow. muscular's attacks were easily doing more damage than mirio's gut punch.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

  15. #15
    Mirio’s blows were doing in a high tier like Chisaki, he should easily warrant the scaling from that.

  16. #16
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    83,996
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    regardless the verse we usually scale tierings of characters like this. when character A has a calced value given for his DC and character B,C or D manage to tank attacks from character A they get that value ascribed for their durability. often times as well for their own DC due to it being a logical conclusion.
    Who is "we"? The UBD? No wonder this section is such trash.

    This is obviously contextual, scaling like that is based on the verse. Scaling physical strength in One Piece for example absolutely works like this. This is not the case for BNHA. Your lover does not have Todoroki's DC. DC is only one factor in total strength anyway.

    Mirio managed to 1 Hit a stronger, more skilled and more experienced Midoriya in Full Cowl mode - which is all the feat he needs to get MCB scaling.
    He winded him in a casual match up, that's totally different.

    Even so, Luffy is still massively stronger than Midorya and Muscular anyway, so what's your point? They couldn't toss around a creature that easily weighs 100 tons like it was a ragdoll lmao




  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    feel you're scaling much too loosely here

    everyone's not denying it here using real life logic, everyone disagrees because it doesn't make sense even within the context of the series itself. mirio just doesn't have feats of either withstanding or dishing out mcb levels of force.

    you wouldn't need mcb lvl strength to either harm or defeat deku, and mirio didn't even knock deku out so it's kinda disingenuous to argue deku was withstanding attacks from muscular but couldn't withstand a single attack from mirio - since he wasn't actually down for the count from that blow. nobody was, actually; despite it being noted that mirio doesn't know how to hold back.

    so that example doesn't really go to show that mirio has power comparable to muscular. muscular was breaking deku's bones with each blow. muscular's attacks were easily doing more damage than mirio's gut punch.
    mirio legit 1 shot everyone with a single punch to the gut - everyone was down. do you want them still having their consciousness to use as an argument against mirio?

    not holding back doesnt mean he is using 100% of his strenght every time in every single punch. it just means he is not playing around. its not a reference to him physically exerting power but to his state of mind. (also link me that panel)

    you are underselling midoriya if you think that you can down midoriya without MCB level blows once he activates full cowl.

    also unlike you mentioned, i have not found a single instance of overhaul admitting midoriya being faster than mirio. quite the opposite in fact. he noted that he has "strenght and speed" without commenting if that would exceed the speed of mirio, but at the same time noted that he is easy to see through.

    against mirio however he straight up admitted inferiority

  18. #18
    Since when does Deku have multi-city block levels of durability with Full Cowl active? If he had that, then he'd be able to safely use his 100% moves while in Full Cowl but he can't.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is "we"? The UBD? No wonder this section is such trash.

    This is obviously contextual, scaling like that is based on the verse. Scaling physical strength in One Piece for example absolutely works like this. This is not the case for BNHA. Your lover does not have Todoroki's DC. DC is only one factor in total strength anyway.


    He winded him in a casual match up, that's totally different.

    Even so, Luffy is still massively stronger than Midorya and Muscular anyway, so what's your point? They couldn't toss around a creature that easily weighs 100 tons like it was a ragdoll lmao



    yes, we in the UBD follow certain rules to scale characters inverse and - more importantly - in a crossverse battle scenario. if certain feats and scalings are questioned a thread in the meta battledome is appropriate so we come to a conclusion. if you feel like mirio togata KOing midoriya in full cowl mode as well as physically pummeling chisaki is not enough for him to get MCB scaling you are free to start a thread regading that matter.

    you stated yourself that DC is only one factor in total strenght - that same logic applies to lifting strenght, albeit it is often seen as useless in a battle, so that feat for luffy holds little to no merrit in an exchange of blows.

  20. #20
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    83,996
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes, we in the UBD follow certain rules to scale characters inverse and - more importantly - in a crossverse battle scenario. if certain feats and scalings are questioned a thread in the meta battledome is appropriate so we come to a conclusion. if you feel like mirio togata KOing midoriya in full cowl mode as well as physically pummeling chisaki is not enough for him to get MCB scaling you are free to start a thread regading that matter.
    Nah I'll just dismiss it in the thread because it really doesn't require much discussion. Actually, where does Deku having mcb durability even come from? Or Chikasi in base? You have nothing behind any of this. Mirio is not devoid of physical feats you're just selectively ignoring them to come to your inane conclusion that he's much stronger than he is using backwards powerscaling.

    you stated yourself that DC is only one factor in total strenght - that same logic applies to lifting strenght, albeit it is often seen as useless in a battle, so that feat for luffy holds little to no merrit in an exchange of blows
    Bullshit. But, he also one-shotted Momo as well. And the other Sea King. So null point.

    To top it all off Mirio has nothing to hurt Luffy, and Luffy is faster. He doesn't get anywhere on this gauntlet

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •