Thread: DCEU Rumormill

DCEU Rumormill

Shamelessly stolen from 4chan, take it with a massive heap of salt.

>Ben Affleck has signed on for FLASHPOINT and received an offer for JUSTICE LEAGUE 2, but won’t be in Matt Reeves’ THE BATMAN.

>AQUAMAN is in post-production. WB is confident that it’ll be a critical and commercial hit. They’ve already talked with James Wan, Jason Momoa and Amber Heard about a sequel.

>WONDER WOMAN 2 is in pre-production. Patty Jenkins, Gal Gadot, Connie Nielsen, Chris Pine and Elena Anaya are returning. The movie is set during the Cold War and will feature a new male lead with a different dynamic with Diana. Pine’s role is pretty minor, probably just flashbacks.

>SUICIDE SQUAD 2 is in pre-production, directed by Gavin Hood. Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Jared Leto, Viola Davis, Joel Kinnaman, Jai Courtney, Adewale Akinoeye-Agbaje and Karen Fukuhara all set to return. Javier Bardem has recently been approached for the villain role. Might be rated R.

>THE BATMAN is in script development. It’s a standalone movie with no references to the DCEU. It’ll feature a new Batman, but no actors have been approached yet. Jeremy Irons and J.K. Simmons expected to return. Reeves is going for an anachronistic Hitchcockian vibe.

>FLASHPOINT is in script development and has gone through several rewrites. Ezra Miller, Kiersey Clemons, Billy Crudup, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot and Ray Fisher are signed out. They’re negotiating with Henry Cavill and Jason Momoa. There’s talks about replacing the Thomas Wayne Batman with Flashpoint’s Bruce Wayne to make the most of Affleck. Colin Trevorrow has recently been approached to direct the movie.

>GREEN LANTERN CORPS is in script development. Basic plot is veteran Hal Jordan training rookie John Stewart. No actors or directors approached so far.

>DEATHSTROKE is in early development, with Joe Manganiello set to star. Gareth Evans in talks to direct.

>BATGIRL is in early development, directed by Joss Whedon. It’ll be a very comedic, teen-oriented movie. Whedon and WB want to cast an unknown actress. The audition process begins in May.

>NIGHTWING is in early development, directed by Adam McKay. The audition process for Dick Grayson, the female lead and the lead antagonist begins in May. Batman probably won’t appear.

>The ELSEWORLDS banner is in early stages of planning, won’t become reality until 2021 in the earliest. The only prospective projects so far are Todd Phillips’ THE JOKER (not starring Jared Leto) and Matthew Vaughn’s SUPERMAN: RED SON (not starring Henry Cavill).

>JUSTICE LEAGUE 2 is not in development, but WB wants it. They’ve decided to move away from Zack Snyder’s Darkseid storyline and center on the Injustice Gang. The project’s fate hinges on Affleck. If he signs on, it’ll be fast-tracked. If he doesn’t, they’ll have to go back to formula to account for his absence.

>JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, GOTHAM CITY SIRENS, CYBORG, DEADSHOT, JOKER VS. HARLEY QUINN, LOBO and BOOSTER GOLD have been put in the backburner. They’re not scrapped, but they’re also not in development, so that WB can focus on the priority movies to rebrand the DCEU again.

>WB expected JUSTICE LEAGUE to be a trainwreck, that’s why they kept AQUAMAN as their only DC-related release for 2018 and shifted the release date to December. They want to distance themselves from what came before to effectively relaunch the DC Cinematic Universe under a new vision.

Thanks to Cake~

Quote Originally Posted by Kong View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You were made to be a TMF poster. You have the right temperament and can exchange insults with anyone. I know the majority of the site hates your entrails, but that just makes you more of a Temeffian to me.

plans + rumors

- - - Updated - - -

at least the good one

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/c..._related_news/

>Reddit

Nyet

Thanks to Cake~

Quote Originally Posted by Kong View Post
    You were made to be a TMF poster. You have the right temperament and can exchange insults with anyone. I know the majority of the site hates your entrails, but that just makes you more of a Temeffian to me.

toxic waste yourself

So, the solo Batman will have a new Batman, but Ben Affleck will still play old Batman???

The Commander From Hell

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    plans + rumors

- - - Updated - - -

at least the good one

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/c..._related_news/
    The guy rates WW beneath MoS and JL (and even BvS). He's got some work to do before I can give him credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    The guy rates WW beneath MoS and JL (and even BvS). He's got some work to do before I can give him credence.
    don't we can just hand out credence to anybody here. my point was his theories sounds better than

>FLASHPOINT is in script development and has gone through several rewrites. Ezra Miller, Kiersey Clemons, Billy Crudup, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot and Ray Fisher are signed out. They’re negotiating with Henry Cavill and Jason Momoa. There’s talks about replacing the Thomas Wayne Batman with Flashpoint’s Bruce Wayne to make the most of Affleck. Colin Trevorrow has recently been approached to direct the movie.

screw his reviews. only thing he got right was SS being lowest. don't know why everybody is so obsessed with having a flashpoint movie in a universe that's barely been made yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Wonder Woman better than MoS and BvS?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss View Post
    but it was

i liked the fights much better in MoS tho

but it was
    That's the estrogen talking in you, sweetie. Can you make an argument as to why it was better besides that it was directed by a brave, strong, independent woman and had a diverse cast of brave, strong, independent women?

That's the estrogen talking in you, sweetie. Can you make an argument as to why it was better besides that it was directed by a brave, strong, independent woman and had a diverse cast of brave, strong, independent women?

nah Jowy. i think WW was a much better origin movie. it sets out to do what it wants to do without trying to make it look like the world is forcing her to become a hero. she becomes a hero because she wants to. much more faithful to the source material when it comes to her character as well. i don't dislike the new Supes, and i think Zod >>>>>>>>>>>> Ares, but as a whole movie. WW was better

don't we can just hand out credence to anybody here. my point was his theories sounds better than

screw his reviews. only thing he got right was SS being lowest. don't know why everybody is so obsessed with having a flashpoint movie in a universe that's barely been made yet.
    I think because people are hoping for a reboot to a better DCEU.

Muuuch better.

Literally 0 argument. Gotcha.

jowy if you just want to troll you need to look elsewhere homie

jowy if you just want to troll you need to look elsewhere homie
    Still no argument. You didn't explain why these movies are bad or good on their own merits as movies.

nah Jowy. i think WW was a much better origin movie. it sets out to do what it wants to do without trying to make it look like the world is forcing her to become a hero. she becomes a hero because she wants to.
    So what you are saying Wonder Women isn't Superman? That she is a different person with different upbringing, different experiences and different approach? Wow, brilliant analysis. You should become a film critic.

much more faithful to the source material when it comes to her character as well.
    I'm no comic book expert but as far as I know there are dozens of different remakes, reboots and origin stories for every super hero. From Superman's wiki page:

So what source material are you talking about?

i don't dislike the new Supes, and i think Zod >>>>>>>>>>>> Ares, but as a whole movie. WW was better
    Why? That's what I want to hear from you, since you made the claim.

Still no argument. You didn't explain why these movies are bad or good on their own merits as movies.

So what you are saying Wonder Women isn't Superman? That she is a different person with different upbringing, different experiences and different approach? Wow, brilliant analysis. You should become a film critic.

I'm no comic book expert but as far as I know there are dozens of different remakes, reboots and origin stories for every super hero. From Superman's wiki page:

So what source material are you talking about?

Why? That's what I want to hear from you, since you made the claim.
    hmm, i think it's better if you tell me why MoS and BvS is better than WW. i will also answer what you just asked after that, i promise.