chess strengths/styles

What aspects of the game do you guys consider yourself best at?

I'm best at positional stuff I think

I'm a good for nothing

I'm good with attacking tactics and semi-open positions. I really don't like my game in general for now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Alias View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm a good for nothing

I'm good with attacking tactics and semi-open positions. I really don't like my game in general for now though.
    better than a less than nothing

I think you mentioned being better while competing in tournaments and weaker when you haven't had any 8n a while? Perhaps that's why you don't like your current play

Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    better than a less than nothing

I think you mentioned being better while competing in tournaments and weaker when you haven't had any 8n a while? Perhaps that's why you don't like your current play
    Well I wasn't that happy about my play in my latest tournament either, though it's true I play better in tournament situation I think. And I have some strength and defining aspects in my games, but nothing as good as I'd like them to be. But I am quite ressourcefull in difficult position and I think my biggest defining aspects is the way I analyse moves that most would find ridiculous at first sight - lil tip, they don't always are - because I can usually see quite fast the critical lines that come from it. I have a tendency to dismiss my opponent's opportunities though, as well as a quite poor grasp on light pieces endgames. And my opening game is quite poor apart for some very specific lines (this is true only in blitz though, in classical time controls if I have some time to analyse the position I come up with quite good opening understanding, but since I don't have much knowledge about it I still am q bit worse out of the opening more often than not).

I don't think I've developed to a level where I'd know how good I am positionally, or rather it doesn't matter to me. I think most players below 1700 are more tactically-oriented. I do know that I very much like to attack and generate threats. im probably okay in calculating.

personally favorite openings are Hungarian & KIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Egress View Post
    I don't think I've developed to a level where I'd know how good I am positionally, or rather it doesn't matter to me. I think most players below 1700 are more tactically-oriented. I do know that I very much like to attack and generate threats. im probably okay in calculating.

personally favorite openings are Hungarian & KIA.
    The hungarian ?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Alias View Post
    The hungarian ?
    it's a flank opening

For I AM THE HIDDEN HUNGARIAN