Quantify this feat

What level would you put these two feats at?
    @Y; @R; @Teo; @Rave; @Akrona;

There's the first one, the main character destroyed 1/3 of a 500 meters tall small mountain. Although it hasn't been destroyed in one go, it should fine since techniques like Acacia's Meteor Spice and Acnologia's Eternal Flare were accepted as well.

"Thinking that he should show his power, Vandalieu summoned Levia and the other Ghosts, and transferred Mana to them. He looked up at the mine… the small mountain that was protruding from the surface of the earth, the small mountain that was about five hundred meters tall.

“… Corpse Flame Prison Destruction Barrage.”

Small flames appeared, like a countless number of fireflies. But in the next moment, they turned into a countless number of skulls made of black flames.

The skulls cackled as they flooded towards the mountain that Vandalieu was pointing at.

The resulting sight was fearsome to behold.

Over a hundred skull-shaped flames sank their teeth into the rocky mountain. The hard boulders became brittle and broke, burned and crumbled. This process continued endlessly, and before everyone’s very eyes, the mountain’s shape changed as it was gouged from the earth. There was a thunderous noise as rocks fell from the mountain, but even that was erased by Vandalieu’s magic.

“K-kid, the mountain’s going to disappear,” said Borkus.

“Ah, you’re right.”

By the time Borkus stopped him, the mountain had been reduced to two thirds of its size. It wasn’t that large a mountain to begin with, but this display of power made not only the previously-spirited viscount and his soldiers, but even the former slaves stare with open mouths."

The next one is about cutting a mountain. The size of this mountain wasn't stated, however it's definitely not smaller than 500 meters since the a mountain in the previous feat was called "small", and right here it wasn't.

"She had charged into the mansion with Edgar and the others; she was looking not at Chipuras, whose two separate halves were burning in blue flames, but at the place where the mansion’s walls had been.

The mountain beyond that spot had also been cut. It had been cleanly split in two.

“The mountain beyond the mansion belongs to Chipuras; there aren’t any people there so it should be fine,” said Heinz.

“That’s not the problem, is it, now?” said Delizah.

“I only split the mountain; I haven’t cut down too many trees, so Diana probably won’t be angry, will she?” said Heinz."

There's a size of the mountains in a different place. I'm not sure if that could be used for a scaling or not, but there you go.

"Vandalieu hadn’t investigated through the entire tunnel to the end but the first few hundred meters were all in this state, even though the tunnel was covered by mountains high enough to reach the clouds."
    Last edited by Jörmungandr; 01-09-2018 at 12:30 AM.

A bit different from MS and EF tbh, those both deal significant damage with each projectile. The skulls seem to be more of a damage over time thing since they can only affect as much as they can bite before moving on. That'd be like saying I'm capable of outputting wall level energies for chewing and breaking down an equivalent amount. Seems a bit hard to quantify.

The second could range from 500m - 2km, but without knowing the width of the slash and the mountains base diameter you can't put a number to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Numinous One View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A bit different from MS and EF tbh, those both deal significant damage with each projectile. The skulls seem to be more of a damage over time thing since they can only affect as much as they can bite before moving on. That'd be like saying I'm capable of outputting wall level energies for chewing and breaking down an equivalent amount. Seems a bit hard to quantify.

The second could range from 500m - 2km, but without knowing the width of the slash and the mountains base diameter you can't put a number to it.
    Yeah, as I though.

Do you know what would be the absolute minimum in order to perform a feat like this? Well, if it's still pretty much impossible to tell, then that's fine as well. Thank you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    Yeah, as I though.

Do you know what would be the absolute minimum in order to perform a feat like this? Well, if it's still pretty much impossible to tell, then that's fine as well. Thank you anyway.
    I suppose you could treat the latter as an individual, like a volcano, and use the angle of repose to find a base diameter, which is typically 30-45°. This wouldn't work for normal mountains since those are upraised sections of the crust.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

If the mountain was mostly rock, the first feat would probably be somewhere around low kilotons. I remember a feat of Negay's that vaped half of a 100 meter rock yielded a few hundred kilotons

But idk, that's just me guessing.

Not sure how you'd go about scaling that to characters though, considering the nature of the feat

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    If the mountain was mostly rock, the first feat would probably be somewhere around low kilotons. I remember a feat of Negay's that vaped half of a 100 meter rock yielded a few hundred kilotons

But idk, that's just me guessing.

Not sure how you'd go about scaling that to characters though, considering the nature of the feat
    Every character capable of fighting against him and matching his sword techniques would scale since he split the mountain with a shockwave alone, I guess. Unfortunately, there's not many destruction feats in the series so it's hard to guess one's strength. Statements like "he's stronger than tens of thousands superhumans" or "dragons are capable of erasing entire countries" are pretty much meaningless.

Not that I'm expecting that. I'm reading this series for the stories, however the main character has some unique abilities and it would be fun to use him in the battledome.