Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    choice is inherently conscious, how can you make a choice that you're not even aware of? There is no you involved, just subconscious processes.

But the question is why to people get a dopamine rush or pleasure from the same sex, but why they act on it. The point is that they're not choosing to feel pleasure from the same sex just like you aren't choosing to like girls. That said, choice does play a role, since you choose to act on your sexuality which further reinforces it and vice versa.

- - - Updated - - -

I said it was primarily social conditioning but not entirely and that biology obviously had some role in it from the beginning

The reason I say its primarily social is because sexual preferences is shown to vary based upon society showing a visible link that's seemingly independent of genetics because its not like we've found generic differences in those societies directly related to sexuality as far as I know.
    So basically we agree but you had to go sperg out

Again

choice is inherently conscious, how can you make a choice that you're not even aware of? There is no you involved, just subconscious processes.

But the question is why to people get a dopamine rush or pleasure from the same sex, but why they act on it. The point is that they're not choosing to feel pleasure from the same sex just like you aren't choosing to like girls. That said, choice does play a role, since you choose to act on your sexuality which further reinforces it and vice versa.

- - - Updated - - -

I said it was primarily social conditioning but not entirely and that biology obviously had some role in it from the beginning

The reason I say its primarily social is because sexual preferences is shown to vary based upon society showing a visible link that's seemingly independent of genetics because its not like we've found generic differences in those societies directly related to sexuality as far as I know.
    Of course you are involved with the subconcious processes, you are at the center of it and you can choose differently at any point. I know leftists aren't fond of taking responsibility but the truth is, you are making a choice every moment of your life. You are always making choices whether you are aware of it or not.

Just because the limbic part of your brain wants something doesn't mean you're helpless to do anything about it. It's the same subconcious process that makes you yawn and feel sleepy at night, but you have the final say of whether to go to bed.

One more thing, sexual orientation is just part of personal preference which is prone to change with new experiences and outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Alias View Post
    Well I wouldn't want you to lose 5 years of your life only to discover that you'll never beat me
    Meanwhile ... Fab beat me I'm sorry guys

I think is both

Is it worth to read Allara?

Gonna check

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    It's environmental primarily. It being a choice doesn't make sense and it being genetic makes even less sense.

Don't see why not.
    Choice is envionmental what is the difference there?
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

It is by choice imo
    Fear me, for I am Meng Hao

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Why would anyone choose to be gay and treated worse than a regular person?
    Because traps are sexy

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You're the only one who knows/talks so much on the subject, its almost an admission..

Quote Originally Posted by Gay View Post
    Because traps are sexy
    But are traps gay...?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
    Of course you are involved with the subconcious processes, you are at the center of it and you can choose differently at any point. I know leftists aren't fond of taking responsibility but the truth is, you are making a choice every moment of your life. You are always making choices whether you are aware of it or not.

Just because the limbic part of your brain wants something doesn't mean you're helpless to do anything about it. It's the same subconcious process that makes you yawn and feel sleepy at night, but you have the final say of whether to go to bed.

One more thing, sexual orientation is just part of personal preference which is prone to change with new experiences and outlook.
    i don't think you know what subconscious or conscious means, by definition you are not involved in a process that isn't conscious.

- - - Updated - - -

going to sleep is something you consciously decide to do unless you fall out, you're saying stuff that's just entirely nonsensical and you don't even have an understanding of the words your using. Saying you choose to be gay is like saying you choose to be sleepy, you don't choose that, you choose how you react to it. You choose to do gay things and you choose to fall asleep, but you don't choose to be gay just like you don't choose to be sleepy. though atleast with being sleepy if you plan things out you have some degree of control of it because we understand how the human sleep system works enough to try and program when we'll start to feel sleepy, we don't understand what makes someone gay enough for people to try and program themselves not to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    I think is both

Is it worth to read Allara?

Gonna check

- - - Updated - - -

Choice is envionmental what is the difference there?
    a few post are worth reading. Also, you don't have control over what your environmental influences are for the most part, and even when you do start to have some control of that as adult you're already mostly developed and your degree of choice is still very small. So if it's environmental than its out of your control because you don't choose your environmental influences.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    But are traps gay...?
    haha I see ur game trying to do me a bamboozle

nice try

Because traps are sexy

- - - Updated - - -

You're the only one who knows/talks so much on the subject, its almost an admission..
    I know everything though

@Heart; if it's happening within you then you are involved, the fuck?

Also, it's called subconcious for a reason, you do have some awareness and control over it.
    You also control it by what you do conciously.
    Well I wouldn't want you to lose 5 years of your life only to discover that you'll never beat me

@Heart; if it's happening within you then you are involved, the fuck?

Also, it's called subconcious for a reason, you do have some awareness and control over it.
    You also control it by what you do conciously.
    That way of defining subconscious just makes no sense, there is what you are aware of and what you are not aware of, and the few things that you can switch between awareness and unawareness like breathing(no one defines the subconscious as those things btw). You are simply not aware of the processes that constitute your desires, you don't feel these bodily reactions as they happen that cause you to be gay and decide for those bodily reactions to happen. What you do feel is the result of these reactions, the gayness itself, you are aware of your gayness or your sexuality thus you can act on it(ie. choosing to fuck a guy, or resist the desire to), but you are not aware of the bodily reactions that cause your gayness/sexuality and thus you can't choose rather or not they happen, and thus you can't choose if you're gay.

So are you in control of your heart beat, do you choose for it to beat every single time it does? When you touch in oven, are you in control of your hand moving away? These things happen within us, but we are not in control of them because the nervous system causes our bodies to react before it even sends a signal to the brain, making our bodies react before our minds are even aware. To say you are in control of what happens within you is to say you control how tall you grow, how your cells reproduce themselves, if you feel cold when your naked in the snow, if you feel hot in an oven. you're little saying you can choose if you physically react to sexual stimuli sexually or not and what those sexual stimuli are. That's no different than saying you can choose how any other kind of environmental stimuli effects you. When its hot outside, you don't choose to feel hot. When you see a hot guy, you don't choose to be aroused.

What part of the processes that cause you to be gay or straight are you aware of and choosing? Are you choosing to be straight, could you just choose to stop liking girls and like boys if you wanted to? Give it a try... I think you'll find you can't.(if you find yourself liking boys in this experiment, it means your gay)

I view it as love between man and woman. It just happens. We never get to choose who we love.

That way of defining subconscious just makes no sense, there is what you are aware of and what you are not aware of, and the few things that you can switch between awareness and unawareness like breathing(no one defines the subconscious as those things btw). You are simply not aware of the processes that constitute your desires, you don't feel these bodily reactions as they happen that cause you to be gay and decide for those bodily reactions to happen. What you do feel is the result of these reactions, the gayness itself, you are aware of your gayness or your sexuality thus you can act on it(ie. choosing to fuck a guy, or resist the desire to), but you are not aware of the bodily reactions that cause your gayness/sexuality and thus you can't choose rather or not they happen, and thus you can't choose if you're gay.

So are you in control of your heart beat, do you choose for it to beat every single time it does? When you touch in oven, are you in control of your hand moving away? These things happen within us, but we are not in control of them because the nervous system causes our bodies to react before it even sends a signal to the brain, making our bodies react before our minds are even aware. To say you are in control of what happens within you is to say you control how tall you grow, how your cells reproduce themselves, if you feel cold when your naked in the snow, if you feel hot in an oven. you're little saying you can choose if you physically react to sexual stimuli sexually or not and what those sexual stimuli are. That's no different than saying you can choose how any other kind of environmental stimuli effects you. When its hot outside, you don't choose to feel hot. When you see a hot guy, you don't choose to be aroused.

What part of the processes that cause you to be gay or straight are you aware of and choosing? Are you choosing to be straight, could you just choose to stop liking girls and like boys if you wanted to? Give it a try... I think you'll find you can't.(if you find yourself liking boys in this experiment, it means your gay)
    I am well aware of what constitutes my desires, speak for yourself.

My exact point was you could control the subconcious processes just like your breathing. It's called subconcious, not unconcious for a reason.

haha I see ur game trying to do me a bamboozle

nice try
    you think too badly of me

is being a furry a choice or genetic?

Knight of Elegance Big Daddy Alias's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccrack View Post
    Is being into furry a choice or genetic ?

I am well aware of what constitutes my desires, speak for yourself.

My exact point was you could control the subconcious processes just like your breathing. It's called subconcious, not unconcious for a reason.
    Except you're not, are you telling me you feel the chemical reactions, the change in neurotransmitters, the hormonal changes, the literally subperceptual reactions in your body that cause you to become attracted to something? You don't, nobody does. What it is possible to have is a degree of understanding of, even if small, is the general knowledge of how attraction works, but you're not aware of it as it happens in your body, just like you're not aware of your cells reproducing themselves as they constantly happen.

You do get that many use those two terms interchangeably, and that in psychology most don't even use subconscious, they use unconscious instead seeing it as the more technical term. And, there is no definition that defines the subconscious similarly to breathing, it's not an off on switch of rather or not you decide to control it. Hmm, definitions themselves aren't actually relevant, because if you choose to define subconscious that way... well its as simple as homosexuality not being subconscious, if you haven't gotten my point yet, what causes you to be gay is entirely not conscious.

Btw, have you had any luck testing your hypothesis and choosing to be gay or choosing to not like girls?

I mean, on the most basic level what you're saying doesn't make any sense, and I hate to use common sense as an argument, but it should be something that you constantly observe, that you don't make the choice to be attracted to something when you get attracted to things lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrack View Post
    it's all lola bunny's fault

Except you're not, are you telling me you feel the chemical reactions, the change in neurotransmitters, the hormonal changes, the literally subperceptual reactions in your body that cause you to become attracted to something? You don't, nobody does. What it is possible to have is a degree of understanding of, even if small, is the general knowledge of how attraction works, but you're not aware of it as it happens in your body, just like you're not aware of your cells reproducing themselves as they constantly happen.

You do get that many use those two terms interchangeably, and that in psychology most don't even use subconscious, they use unconscious instead seeing it as the more technical term. And, there is no definition that defines the subconscious similarly to breathing, it's not an off on switch of rather or not you decide to control it. Hmm, definitions themselves aren't actually relevant, because if you choose to define subconscious that way... well its as simple as homosexuality not being subconscious, if you haven't gotten my point yet, what causes you to be gay is entirely not conscious.

Btw, have you had any luck testing your hypothesis and choosing to be gay or choosing to not like girls?

I mean, on the most basic level what you're saying doesn't make any sense, and I hate to use common sense as an argument, but it should be something that you constantly observe, that you don't make the choice to be attracted to something when you get attracted to things lol.
    I don't need to be aware of what's happening at the micro level to have control over the process.

Think of it like a company, I'm the CEO, I don't know what's happening with employee 723 on our base in another city. However I have the most influence in steering the direction of the company towards a general vision.
    Last edited by Fabulous; 01-15-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Hold for applause (◡‿◡✿) Nikamara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    It's environmental primarily. It being a choice doesn't make sense and it being genetic makes even less sense.

Don't see why not.
    it being genetic may not make sense at first because that goes against the procreation of the species, but homosexuality is observed in all animals so some think it could be a form of genetic population control.

nevertheless, it has been proven that it's not by choice or environment.

Nika's Fairy Tail Reading Log - click here!
    ʕᴥʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.