Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 188
  1. #161
    Pretty Flacko Jr. Tokio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    7,310
    @Dellinger;

    problem this feat has always had is that you can't prove rayleigh intercepted kizaru's actual ls movement

    you don't see when rayleigh began to move but you do see that he noticed kizaru's beam and it's path of travel, from a very close proximity, a good amount of time before he actually began to travel through it

    we don't see rayleigh begin to move and he clearly didn't need to react to rayleigh's actual movement to perform the feat

    what am i missing, what's changed?
    トキオ S E P T E M B E R

  2. #162
    Sword of the Morning Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    11,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Dellinger;

    problem this feat has always had is that you can't prove rayleigh intercepted kizaru's actual ls movement

    you don't see when rayleigh began to move but you do see that he noticed kizaru's beam and it's path of travel, from a very close proximity, a good amount of time before he actually began to travel through it

    we don't see rayleigh begin to move and he clearly didn't need to react to rayleigh's actual movement to perform the feat

    what am i missing, what's changed?
    I can. First I've proved that Kizaru already transformed and started moving. Both the sequence of the panels and the sound effect translation support my claim.

    Also occam's razor does help me in this case. Kizaru would have to be really dumb to already move with Rayleigh already drawing his sword and swinging it at his direction.





  3. #163
    WORST MANIPULATOR Efege's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    9,229

  4. #164
    Pretty Flacko Jr. Tokio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    7,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can. First I've proved that Kizaru already transformed and started moving. Both the sequence of the panels and the sound effect translation support my claim.

    Also occam's razor does help me in this case. Kizaru would have to be really dumb to already move with Rayleigh already drawing his sword and swinging it at his direction.
    well, evidently he was dumb enough to initiate that very telegraphed technique right in front of his face in the first place, so there's that. from that we already know from the moment he started the technique that he wasn't being as cautious as he should've been, so i wouldn't say that's very solid support. more of a case of his underestimating rayleigh, really.

    and like i said, it's not a matter of whether or not kizaru was already moving. it's obvious that he was. the issue is that we don't know when rayleigh started moving and can't prove that he moved in reaction to kizaru's ls movement.

    - - - Updated - - -

    i mean, would you honestly expect rayleigh to just sit there until kizaru started moving? that a character as competent as rayleigh with both a form of pre-cognition and a clear view of the path kizaru was going to travel wouldn't be able to time an attack in advance?
    トキオ S E P T E M B E R

  5. #165
    Skeptik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he was literally right next to kizaru



    rayleigh had plenty of time to cut off kizaru's path of travel without reacting to his actual movement. kinda baffling how this is still being discussed.
    Oh ok. My bad. I thought y'all were talking about another scene.

    But since kizaru was mid-movement, wouldn't you need that kind of speed anyway?
    You're all...so small

  6. #166
    In my Element The Elementalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    732
    This is not the place to talk about Relativistic One Piece can we take this to the Meta Battledome?

  7. #167
    Pretty Flacko Jr. Tokio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    7,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptik View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh ok. My bad. I thought y'all were talking about another scene.

    But since kizaru was mid-movement, wouldn't you need that kind of speed anyway?
    not necessarily

    since rayleigh already knew the path of his movement and the timing he didn't need to react to kizaru's actual movement. he could've aimed or targeted where kizaru was going to be before he was actually there, kinda like an offensive application of aim-dodging. that being such a strong possibility, it can't be proved that rayleigh reacted to kizaru's ls movement so the feat can't be used.

    there's a reason why this decade old feat has never passed
    トキオ S E P T E M B E R

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black Tsukuyomi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because it acts extremely similar to actual light unlike Stings Magic.
    Yes but how?

  9. #169
    Sword of the Morning Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    11,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well, evidently he was dumb enough to initiate that very telegraphed technique right in front of his face in the first place, so there's that. from that we already know from the moment he started the technique that he wasn't being as cautious as he should've been, so i wouldn't say that's very solid support. more of a case of his underestimating rayleigh, really.

    and like i said, it's not a matter of whether or not kizaru was already moving. it's obvious that he was. the issue is that we don't know when rayleigh started moving and can't prove that he moved in reaction to kizaru's ls movement.

    - - - Updated - - -

    i mean, would you honestly expect rayleigh to just sit there until kizaru started moving? that a character as competent as rayleigh with both a form of pre-cognition and a clear view of the path kizaru was going to travel wouldn't be able to time an attack in advance?
    Kizaru probably thought that he could get past Rayleigh with his speed.

    Also regarding the movement of Rayleigh. Manga is a visual format. The panels, the way they played out suggests that Rayleigh only moved when Kizaru initiated the attack. There is absolutely no reason to assume that Rayleigh already moved before Kizaru transformed and started his travel.

    Also why not ? Rayleigh was cautious, him starting his movement before means that he would only cut the light path. That means that it would cause no damage to Kizaru.





  10. #170
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    55,969
    >Still trying to argue LS OP


    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  11. #171
    Pretty Flacko Jr. Tokio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    7,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kizaru probably thought that he could get past Rayleigh with his speed.
    right. makes your earlier point moot.

    Also regarding the movement of Rayleigh. Manga is a visual format. The panels, the way they played out suggests that Rayleigh only moved when Kizaru initiated the attack. There is absolutely no reason to assume that Rayleigh already moved before Kizaru transformed and started his travel.
    entirely up to interpretation

    nothing really definitive

    Also why not ? Rayleigh was cautious, him starting his movement before means that he would only cut the light path. That means that it would cause no damage to Kizaru.
    it means he'd be able to target where kizaru would be on the light path before he actually got there, allowing him to intercept kizaru's movement without actually matching his speed
    トキオ S E P T E M B E R

  12. #172
    Sword of the Morning Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    11,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    right. makes your earlier point moot.
    It doesn't ? Kizaru starting his movement, doesn't that he is a dumbass and started his movement after Rayleigh swinged his sword which is what you imply.



    entirely up to interpretation

    nothing really definitive
    Yeah no. We don't go with what suits your argument, we go with what makes sense and we what we see on panel. Sorry.



    it means he'd be able to target where kizaru would be on the light path before he actually got there, allowing him to intercept kizaru's movement without actually matching his speed
    How do you intercept someone without nearly matching his speed ? I mean even what you suggests here makes the feat relativistic which is what the calc is all about.





  13. #173
    Pretty Flacko Jr. Tokio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    7,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn't ? Kizaru starting his movement, doesn't that he is a dumbass and started his movement after Rayleigh swinged his sword which is what you imply.
    your argument implies that the only other alternative reasoning for kizaru not stopping is his blatantly disregarding rayleigh's presence or actions, when you know that's not true. could've just been underestimating rayleigh, as you just acknowledged.

    kizaru's not a dumbass that just ignored rayleigh, he just thought he could get passed him with his speed, right?

    kizaru initiating the technique in the first place contradicts this reasoning of yours to begin with, anyways.

    Yeah no. We don't go with what suits your argument, we go with what makes sense and we what we see on panel. Sorry.
    you can interpret the panels however you want, but we don't actually see rayleigh moving in response to kizaru's ls movement. can't really say that you're going by what you see on panel when what you're arguing wasn't actually shown. that's the whole point.


    How do you intercept someone without nearly matching his speed ? I mean even what you suggests here makes the feat relativistic which is what the calc is all about.
    ...
    Last edited by Tokio; 01-14-2018 at 07:21 PM.
    トキオ S E P T E M B E R

  14. #174
    What in tarnation... Krash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    In Dawn's Beauty
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    >Still trying to argue LS OP
    It's almost as bad as you arguing small continent level FT.

  15. #175
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    55,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's almost as bad as you arguing small continent level FT.
    >Etherion already exists


    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  16. #176
    What in tarnation... Krash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    In Dawn's Beauty
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    >Etherion already exists
    Pika Pika no mi exists too

  17. #177
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    55,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pika Pika no mi exists too
    And?

    Doesn't mean LS OP


    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  18. #178
    What in tarnation... Krash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    In Dawn's Beauty
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And?

    Doesn't mean LS OP
    It does mean that for Kizaru.

  19. #179
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    55,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It does mean that for Kizaru.

    >One specific technique that's movement speed and arguable since his light doesn't behave like real light just as logias have had tons of natural element inconsistencies


    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  20. #180
    What in tarnation... Krash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    In Dawn's Beauty
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    >One specific technique that's movement speed and arguable since his light doesn't behave like real light just as logias have had tons of natural element inconsistencies
    I'm not gonna even bother trying..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •