Will Kid score himself a big name?

We've got this with major antagonists Akainu and Blackbeard. Both of them responsible for the fall of Ace and Whitebeard; Akainu went on to defeat Aokiji in a 10 day battle and Blackbeard went on to defeat Marco in a great war and is most likely going to be the one to bring down Shanks.

As far as the Worst Generation goes Kid is a standout among them, he is built as a cruel and ruthless version of Luffy and his biggest rival amongst the Supernova, we can assume he'll end up as the most powerful and dangerous of the lot and that Oda (hopefully) has some plans to make him live up to the role. Do you see him scoring a big achievement for himself before EoS and if so who do you think should be the one to fall to him?

kidd defeating an admiral would be a great event. with 4 admirals and a fleet admiral there has to be one to be spared for a great non-mc party newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    kidd defeating an admiral would be a great event. with 4 admirals and a fleet admiral there has to be one to be spared for a great non-mc party newcomer
    I was thinking Fujitora might be a good pick to fall to late game Kid. Fujitora is by far the most sympathetic of the remaining admirals and the marines in general so it would be a great way to highlight Kid's villainy and set the stage so we only have the more ruthless admirals to face off against for when its time to topple the Government.

You'd hope so, but with how Oda is writing, Luffy might just take down everyone by himself.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    I was thinking Fujitora might be a good pick to fall to late game Kid. Fujitora is by far the most sympathetic of the remaining admirals and the marines in general so it would be a great way to highlight Kid's villainy and set the stage so we only have the more ruthless admirals to face off against for when its time to topple the Government.
    my initial thought was instantly " greenbull ". but then i sat back and tried to rethink how oda handles late reveals and their story importance. even when not the most powerful, they are still mandatory to the story and the MCs will most likely deal with them.

i agree that fujitora might be a go too admiral. however i think we will also see zoro duking it out with him. the foreshadowing on dressrosa have been too much to simply gloss aside.

but he would very well be a great pick, i agree

Kidd beating Fujitora randomly doesnt make sense, ideally id like to see him be the first one to arrive at Mariejois and then hype the Gorosei like he was done to hype Kaidou

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Kidd beating Fujitora randomly doesnt make sense, ideally id like to see him be the first one to arrive at Mariejois and then hype the Gorosei like he was done to hype Kaidou
    I don't think it would be that random for the two to face off if Oda were to bother setting it up. Yeah if it's just thrown out as random exposition then it would be weird, but if Oda established earlier on that Fujitora is on Kid's tail because of all the death and destruction he's leaving in his wake then he can set the scene for the two to have a confrontation. It's not all that random for a marine like Fujitora with his view of the world to go after a pirate who crucifies his victims, is known for his violence, and is growing to become such a high profile threat.

---

As far as other candidates go

Green Bull: Possibly, we'd have to see what his character is all about and what sort of role Oda has in store for him for the future

Big Mom: Kid has had beef with her in the past and I feel there won't be much else to explore as a major antagonist again. I can see him showing up on Wano and it being a triple threat arc with him, Big Mom, and Loki all there to join in on the chaos.

Shanks: Kid has already expressed interest in going after his head, so the stage is already set for him to target him. I think Blackbeard will be the one to kill Shanks, but I can see Kid playing a big role in that. Like Shanks is waiting for his allied support to arrive only to catch word that the Kid Pirates have already intercepted and wiped them all out, which causes the momentum of the overall battle to swing into Blackbeard's favor.

Apoo: Not as prestigious as the other names listed, but these two have been facing each other down being at odds with one another since introduction and then when they form an alliance Apoo betrayed him the moment things got rough. I think this is an encounter we're likely, it will possible be resolved early at Wano but if both make it past the Kaido arc then I can see Kid hunting him down for unfinished business once both have grown into big figures on the sea.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    I don't think he will take any big names, but I can see him killing Vivi a world noble. Maybe even get a drop on one of the Old people in control of the government.
    Last edited by Nordlending; 01-05-2018 at 12:43 AM.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

IMO, he will kill Big Meme after Wano.

I think he will just be recognized in bringing someone down due to larger conflicts like Wano. Don't really see how he could even take someone like BM down by himself. Even with an alliance he just doesn't have the manpower. He will probably fight a top tier in the last arc too.

Not anytime soon. He doesn't have the strength or resources to take down an Admiral/Emperor level fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Whitebeard View Post
    Not anytime soon. He doesn't have the strength or resources to take down an Admiral/Emperor level fighter.
    This isn't about if he'll take one down soon, but if he'll manage at all over the course of the story. He's not going to stay at the level he is now, he's Luffy's big rival amongst the Supernova and will be rising at a rapid rate alongside him, so it's not unreasonable to assume in the future he'll also be a top tier capable of hanging with characters of that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This isn't about if he'll take one down soon, but if he'll manage at all over the course of the story. He's not going to stay at the level he is now, he's Luffy's big rival amongst the Supernova and will be rising at a rapid rate alongside him, so it's not unreasonable to assume in the future he'll also be a top tier capable of hanging with characters of that level.
    In the future, most likely yes. Plenty of options. I believe an Admiral will go down to him. If Big Mom doesn't go down this arc, then she may be a good candidate later on. Shanks is reserved for Blackbeard and Blackbeard/Kaido will fall to Luffy. That leaves either Fujitora/Green Bull/Kizaru,but the last one is very unlikely to fall to Kidd. So yeah, he either takes down Big Mom, Fujitora/Green Bull or another top tier of the New World/Underground/CP0 that has yet to be revealed. Lots of options.

kidd's role in the story is still unclear but its definitely not out of left field for him to score a big name knowing how much importance oda is placing on the supernovas, especially with a 'low tier SN' like urogue scoring himself snack and bege being a part of the assassination attempt. kidd is arguably the most prominent SN so i can imagine his ceiling being a yonko level at the end of the series.

truth be told i don't really like the idea of blackbeard bringing down another yonko - whitebeard and marco are already notable names under his belt and there's really no use for him to add another monster aside from raising tensions that already exist with luffy. i'd like for kidd to score shanks for himself because it'll solidify his name in the new world as a legitimate yonko level while raising tensions between his new world rival luffy.