Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Big Mom has been a huge disappointment

Never thought I'd see the day when the weakest strawhats and Jinbe would get the better of a Yonko.

I don't want to see her anymore, the hype has not only gone down, it belly flopped.

I just want to get to Kaido, Shanks and Blackbeard. Oda better not screw up with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Alias View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I wouldn't want you to lose 5 years of your life only to discover that you'll never beat me
    Meanwhile ... Fab beat me I'm sorry guys

Hopefully this arc is just Oda holding her back and she look much more impressive when we see her again. Because Oda can't dare to take her out already, right?

She's a joke now. I honestly want her to go down this arc.

I still like her. She's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Whitebeard View Post
    She's a joke now. I honestly want her to go down this arc.
    This just does not make sense to me. Why do you want her to further be a joke rather then see her make up for this arc later on?

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty Kaido View Post
    This just does not make sense to me. Why do you want her to further be a joke rather then see her make up for this arc later on?
    Because the damage is irreversible. I can't see someone who was dealt with by Chopper, Brook and Jinbe as a threat to the strawhats in the future.

Because the damage is irreversible. I can't see someone who was dealt with by Chopper, Brook and Jinbe as a threat to the strawhats in the future.
    Well the damage is not irreversible to me if Oda shows he was just holding back BM this arc. It will just be a shame she was not handled right from the start unlike (hopefully) Kaido.

Yeah, Oda can't write proper female characters. What's new.

Well the damage is not irreversible to me if Oda shows he was just holding back BM this arc. It will just be a shame she was not handled right from the start unlike (hopefully) Kaido.
    This is really too much. Not after I've seen what a half dead Yonko can do. Oda screwed up with Big Mom.

This is really too much. Not after I've seen what a half dead Yonko can do. Oda screwed up with Big Mom.
    Well good for me that i still have faith.

But i stop having faith if she goes down this arc to bullshit/becomes a ally or gets the Blueno treatment by Luffy post-Kaido.

Well good for me that i still have faith.

But i stop having faith if she goes down this arc to bullshit/becomes a ally or gets the Blueno treatment by Luffy post-Kaido.
    Becoming an ally...

Becoming an ally...
    ikr. Most cringeworthy plot twist Oda can do aside from maybe her getting one-shot by the cake.

I figure its less wanting to see Big Mom suffer a humiliating defeat, and more about not wanting to have to go through another arc with her in it. The latter sentiment is something I can relate to as having to sit through a second arc featuring Big Mom as a major antagonist just sounds painful to me at this point and so does the thought of her being an ally.

Only way I'd tolerate her again in an arc is if she's not the main focus and I'd like to see her taken down by another fighter because I don't like that every notable figure in the world has to meet their end at the hands of the Strawhat pirates. Shanks is reserved for Blackbeard but Blackbeard and Kaido are already marked by Luffy and if Big Mom meets her end to his hands as well that's a bit much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    I figure its less wanting to see Big Mom suffer a humiliating defeat, and more about not wanting to have to go through another arc with her in it. The latter sentiment is something I can relate to as having to sit through a second arc featuring Big Mom as a major antagonist just sounds painful to me at this point and so does the thought of her being an ally.

Only way I'd tolerate her again in an arc is if she's not the main focus and I'd like to see her taken down by another fighter because I don't like that every notable figure in the world has to meet their end at the hands of the Strawhat pirates. Shanks is reserved for Blackbeard but Blackbeard and Kaido are already marked by Luffy and if Big Mom meets her end to his hands as well that's a bit much for me.
    Only problem is that's a high chance for off-paneling since Oda don't like staying away from Luffy for too long. Don't want another major BM arc either but her being just the climax of Elbaf i think can work. She invades Elbaf under the straw hats adventure there and before they leave the island they have to take her and her crew down.
    Last edited by Neko; 01-04-2018 at 09:57 PM.

she is a female character.

oda will never let a female character get anywhere close to the power and might of their male counterparts.

Only problem is that's a high chance for off-paneling since Oda don't like staying away from Luffy for too long. Don't want another major BM arc either but her being just the climax of Elbaf i think can work. She invades Elbaf under the straw hats adventure there and before they leave the island they have to take her and her crew down.
    It doesn't have to be an isolated incident, if we're going to be entering big wars even grander scale than Marineford or just be at a point where there are more than one big fish per arc then Oda can allow for her to fall to someone else and still have it be relevant to the arc in question.

Yet @Dellinger; and @Erkan12; will still try to convince you she is stronger than Mihawk

Mihawk>Big Mom.And its not even close
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Fair enough

I accept

2 week avatar bet
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Yeah,sure..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    alright

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post

Eustass Kidd is going to take down Shanks, it's already been foreshadowed and stated he was his target.
    Oda is clearly preparing Kidd to be the new Red-Hair, he even lost an arm like Shanks.
    Well I wouldn't want you to lose 5 years of your life only to discover that you'll never beat me
    Meanwhile ... Fab beat me I'm sorry guys

Only @Erkan12; still likes her