View Poll Results: Who was the Strongest

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whitebeard

    14 46.67%
  • Shanks

    9 30.00%
  • Mihawk

    3 10.00%
  • Akainu

    4 13.33%
  • Garp

    0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes but he noticed and felt it at first and legit fell to his knee. I already said I think the stab itself didn't do much. Still felt it and was hit by it in the first place.

    Are you doing this on purpose now? They are not Sanji. They don't have particularly powerful legs. Can they casually block a Yonkou's attacks with their shoes? Can you actually picture that happening. I'm sorry but there is just no way they do that to BM or Kaidou nor would one well connected shot put either down temporarily like WB did Akainu.
    267 stab wounds. That's the total amount he took. One could say Oda did that for dramatic purpose, but it surely isn't indicative of Whiteveard's strength. We're talking about a guy who nearly knocked out an Admiral after countless bullets, stabs, cannon hits, having his organs fried and half his head gone.

    The whole point is that it was a casual attack. Doesn't mean they will block everything he throws at them. One hit, one casual hit, that's it. Not sure why we have to make a big deal of it.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Whitebeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    267 stab wounds. That's the total amount he took. One could say Oda did that for dramatic purpose, but it surely isn't indicative of Whiteveard's strength. We're talking about a guy who nearly knocked out an Admiral after countless bullets, stabs, cannon hits, having his organs fried and half his head gone.

    The whole point is that it was a casual attack. Doesn't mean they will block everything he throws at them. One hit, one casual hit, that's it. Not sure why we have to make a big deal of it.
    I have no idea what point you're trying to make here. Like I have no idea how the first sentence ties into the 2nd.

    Here comes the casual talk. Casual is the one handed swing he did to Teach. This was him putting his weight behind a strike to send a bunch of soldiers flying with his bubble. You're grasping at straws to not give WB anything less than an A+++ or 6 out of 5 stars when no one is trying to downplay him just point out notch in his armor. You're making a big deal out of it more than I am. All I said is that the same level of attack from Kaidou or Shanks is not getting so casually stopped.

    Kizaru did not even block anything. He flat out just pinned WB's Bisento to the floor.
    Last edited by Dayum; 01-02-2018 at 08:17 PM.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no idea what point you're trying to make here. Like I have no idea how the first sentence ties into the 2nd.

    Here comes the casual talk. Casual is the one handed swing he did to Teach. This was him putting his weight behind a strike to send a bunch of soldiers flying with his bubble. You're grasping at straws to not give WB anything less than an A+++ or 6 out of 5 stars when no one is trying to downplay him just point out notch in his armor. You're making a big deal out of it more than I am. All I said is that the same level of attack from Kaidou or Shanks is not getting so casually stopped.

    Kizaru did not even block anything. He flat out just pinned WB's Bisento to the floor.
    Point is that he could tank much more than that one stab. It was irrelevant.

    That we don't know. How can you be so sure that no Admiral would block Shanks or Kaido? Especially since Whitebeard is canonically stronger than Shanks.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that is just strange. CoO probably can't predict attacks from people you are passively standing next to likely hiding their intent. Squado is also not some slow poke. Ace clearly had intent whenever he went after WB and passive WB is different than WB observing a huge battle in front of him.

    Obviously he could. It's what he does with his hands. Point is he was physically matched by Admirals due to his sickness which made him weak from the moment he left to MF not only after he was stabbed.
    it's precisely because he was standing in a battlefield that he should've sharpened his senses to the largest extent, and what makes you think that Ace couldn't hide his intent if you're claiming that Squado could. After all, Ace is heads and shoulders above Squado when it comes to skills.

    the conclusion is: I highly doubt that an individual, out of those present in MF, would've been able to rise over the old WB in a duel without interference. Likewise, If anyone was in WB's shoes he wouldn't have been able to end up in a better shape.


  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Whitebeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Point is that he could tank much more than that one stab. It was irrelevant.

    That we don't know. How can you be so sure that no Admiral would block Shanks or Kaido? Especially since Whitebeard is canonically stronger than Shanks.
    It's like you switched discussions multiple times without telling me. How is it irrelevant when a big deal was made out of it occurring in the first place. Complete opposite of irrelevant. It showed us WB is very different than his prime(as well as insight into his personality). He went on to be physically matched by Admirals. The reason I bring up those scenes is to show WB was no longer a fighter who could go on and on fighting for days at a time.

    I keep asking you that! You keep using the word block like it was a legit defensive posture when all that happened is he stopped an attack with his shoe. A guy who fights with his hands did that and Kizaru just pinned his with one shoe even though WB was pulling up with both hands. WB was even bleeding from his mouth when against Akainu. Then shortly has a heart attack. The point of the scenes is showing how vulnerable WB had become. Clearly pushing himself was difficult. Shanks, Kaidou, and BM would be ok because they can go on fighting for days against each-other, Admirals, and obviously a more healthy(not necessarily Prime) WB.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's like you switched discussions multiple times without telling me. How is it irrelevant when a big deal was made out of it occurring in the first place. Complete opposite of irrelevant. It showed us WB is very different than his prime(as well as insight into his personality). He went on to be physically matched by Admirals. The reason I bring up those scenes is to show WB was no longer a fighter who could go on and on fighting for days at a time.

    I keep asking you that! You keep using the word block like it was a legit defensive posture when all that happened is he stopped an attack with his shoe. A guy who fights with his hands did that and Kizaru just pinned his with one shoe even though WB was pulling up with both hands. WB was even bleeding from his mouth when against Akainu. Then shortly has a heart attack. The point of the scenes is showing how vulnerable WB had become. Clearly pushing himself was difficult. Shanks, Kaidou, and BM would be ok because they can go on fighting for days against each-other, Admirals, and obviously a more healthy(not necessarily Prime) WB.
    If Whitebeard can't go on fighting for days, then no one fighting against him will either. Simple as that. If someone is presented to us with a box from the author as the strongest, saying otherwise would be to argue with Oda himself. Literally right after the stab, this was reinforced by the guy who planned the whole thing. Sengoku was aware that Whitebeard had weakened enough for Squardo to get a hit, yet he had no doubt Whitebeard was still the WSM.

  7. #47
    Would go with Shanks. WB was probably even slightly below Akainu at that point.


  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's precisely because he was standing in a battlefield that he should've sharpened his senses to the largest extent, and what makes you think that Ace couldn't hide his intent if you're claiming that Squado could. After all, Ace is heads and shoulders above Squado when it comes to skills.
    Did he look like it?? He was a brash angry young man. Squado was completely calm and obviously knew WB was not on guard so took advantage of the moment.

    Where did you get that from? WB wanted him in charge of his entire Fleet. He pierced WB all the way through. He pushed Marco off of him after getting pinned and Marco even evaded his attack instead of letting it graze him. He was going to try and take on MF by himself(weakest point but still relevant if he thought he could legit buy time). There is absolutely zero evidence Ace is stronger than Squado. There is nothing even slightly suggesting this unless you're confusing anime scenes as canon. He could be as weak as Cavendish or he could be push top 3 Commander level like Peros. No way to tell.

    the conclusion is: I highly doubt that an individual, out of those present in MF, would've been able to rise over the old WB in a duel without interference. Likewise, If anyone was in WB's shoes he wouldn't have been able to end up in a better shape.
    What do you mean WB shoes? Without being sick I don't see bullets, cannons, and mid-tier marine swords even slightly bothering Kaidou, Teach, or BM. It would take a lot more than 2 attacks from Akainu and a couple lasers from Kizaru to put them in any danger. They should be able to take each others attacks for days, once upon a time WB could too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Whitebeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Whitebeard can't go on fighting for days, then no one fighting against him will either. Simple as that. If someone is presented to us with a box from the author as the strongest, saying otherwise would be to argue with Oda himself. Literally right after the stab, this was reinforced by the guy who planned the whole thing. Sengoku was aware that Whitebeard had weakened enough for Squardo to get a hit, yet he had no doubt Whitebeard was still the WSM.
    No it's not as simple as that. This is getting a little crazy now. WB alone has shown these vulnerabilities. They are obviously due to his sickness. Sengoku's words mean little when Marco didn't know how bad WB had actually fell off until Squado touched him. They just wanted Squado to betray WB they couldn't possible know how successful the attack would go. Akainu just talked to Squado a few minutes before the plan happened(unless this is anime only).

    So you're now telling me that WB is so strong that Aokiji and Akainu go 10 days but WB turns the battle into a less than 1 hour affair? The difference is that high he can cut the time down by over 95%?? Even though in just a few hours he had 2 heart attacks(before Luffy used CoC), couldn't handle a few swords, bullets and cannonballs, and he sustained injuries from Kizaru while Kizaru came out unscathed? If you say it's because of his injuries and sickness then you're proving my point.

    Other emperors are never getting stabbed. If they were it would not do anything. They would never sustain any of WB's injuries because they either would never falter in the spots he did. You're just falling back on titles instead of analyzing what happened. You're clearly speaking from emotion at this point. Maybe healthy WB can sustain CoA around him and this is what BM and Kaidou do all the time. Maybe it's just due to physiology. Either way WB sustained injuries we know Kaidou and BM cannot be injured by.
    Last edited by Dayum; 01-02-2018 at 08:50 PM.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did he look like it?? He was a brash angry young man. Squado was completely calm and obviously knew WB was not on guard so took advantage of the moment.

    Where did you get that from? WB wanted him in charge of his entire Fleet. He pierced WB all the way through. He pushed Marco off of him after getting pinned and Marco even evaded his attack instead of letting it graze him. He was going to try and take on MF by himself(weakest point but still relevant if he thought he could legit buy time). There is absolutely zero evidence Ace is stronger than Squado. There is nothing even slightly suggesting this unless you're confusing anime scenes as canon. He could be as weak as Cavendish or he could be push top 3 Commander level like Peros. No way to tell.



    What do you mean WB shoes? Without being sick I don't see bullets, cannons, and mid-tier marine swords even slightly bothering Kaidou, Teach, or BM. It would take a lot more than 2 attacks from Akainu and a couple lasers from Kizaru to put them in any danger. They should be able to take each others attacks for days, once upon a time WB could too.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No it's not as simple as that. This is getting a little crazy now. WB alone has shown these vulnerabilities. They are obviously due to his sickness. Sengoku's words mean little when Marco didn't know how bad WB had actually fell off until Squado touched him. They just wanted Squado to betray WB they couldn't possible know how successful the attack would go. Akainu just talked to Squado a few minutes before the plan happened(unless this is anime only).

    So you're now telling me that WB is so strong that Aokiji and Akainu go 10 days but WB turns the battle into a less than 1 hour affair? The difference is that high he can cut the time down by over 95%?? Even though in just a few hours he had 2 hear attacks(before Luffy used CoC) and he sustained injuries from Kizaru while Kizaru came out unscathed? If you say it's because of his injuries and sickness then you're proving my point.

    Other emperors are never getting stabbed. If they were it would not do anything. You're just falling back on titles instead of analyzing what happened. You're clearly speaking from emotion at this point.
    We're obviously not going to reach a conclusion with this. Our best course of action would be to agree to disagree. I had a good debate.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Whitebeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're obviously not going to reach a conclusion with this. Our best course of action would be to agree to disagree. I had a good debate.
    It would have if you actually told me why my points are wrong or directly answered my questions. I still don't know what you're point even was. WB is the strongest if you just excuse the scenes where he faltered??? That seems to be it. It is canon that cannonballs cannot hurt BM so that is a point against WB.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would have if you actually told me why my points are wrong or directly answered my questions. I still don't know what you're point even was. WB is the strongest if you just excuse the scenes where he faltered??? That seems to be it. It is canon that cannonballs cannot hurt BM so that is a point against WB.
    I said it before. Durability isn't the same as overall strength. Big Mom may have durability while Whitebeard has insane stamina. Garp was bleeding from a hit by G2 Luffy. Doesn't mean he can't give a tough fight and possibly even beat Big Mom.

    I mean, you can present scenes where he faltered, I may do the same with scenes where he was the dominant figure. Didn't he severely injure Akainu during their confrontation? While he was injured himself. Didn't he overpower Teach while nearly dead? That's why I say this debate can never end, because I've had it in the past with other posters and we've never reached a conclusion.
    Last edited by Emperor Whitebeard; 01-02-2018 at 09:23 PM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see where your claim is coming from, but it is baseless imo. The government took all preparations to take him down while believing that he's the strongest there, and he fell. This has zero indication that he was weaker than claimed, though.

    Practically, saying that WB is stronger than Shanks is baseless too, but i'd go with him for his title as the strongest man alive.

    I simply don't believe that Shanks would take on these countless stabs, slashes, cannon/gunshots then fight Akaino unwaveringly like that before his death

    .
    I donít have issue with people thinking that WB is stronger. I just strongly disagree when people say that itís a fact that he is stronger.

    Reason I donít think WB is the strongest is not because he lost the war. Kaido and Shanks would almost certainly lose such a war as well. But overall WB had deteriorated a lot since his golden days. He was on IVs, getting heart-attacks mid battle and his reflexes had become poorer as well. None of this means that he was definitely weaker than other Yonko but the way I see it Kaido and Shanks are at a high enough level where I canít see margin for WB to still be the strongest with how much he deteriorated. Not to mention it makes the power structure of one piece world quite unbalanced(for example people putting everyone from mid gen below WB yet somehow Garp and Rayleigh still get flavoured against Old WB simply because they have the excuse of being old). Having said that, as long as we agree that WB wasnít the de-facto 100% strongest, I donít have much issue with your opinion.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Whitebeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said it before. Durability isn't the same as overall strength. Big Mom may have durability while Shitebeard has insane stamina. Garp was bleeding from a hit by G2 Luffy. Doesn't mean he can't give a tough fight and possibly even beat Big Mom.
    Durability is not the only thing that was brought up. Reflexes, stamina, physical strength, possibly Haki if normally bullets and canon fire should be nothing. The only thing that didn't drop off, at least enough, to matter was his DC. Ace would have died if Luffy wasn't there. You really think if it were the Red Hairs they'd need Luffy for a clutch play? For that be true Shanks or Kaidou would have to falter in similar spots as WB did. More than likely Garp would have actually fought if it wasn't

    But he doesn't. He was struggling to push himself in multiple spots. MF only lasted 4 hours or so. After 4 hours no Emperor is going to look like WB. If anything stamina is his worst stat. Kaidou obviously has the best endurance took.

    I mean, you can present scenes where he faltered, I may do the same with scenes where he was the dominant figure. Didn't he severely injure Akainu during their confrontation? While he was injured himself. Didn't he overpower Teach while nearly dead? That's why I say this debate can never end, because I've had it in the past with other posters and we've never reached a conclusion.
    How does that refute the parts where he faltered where others likely wouldn't or couldn't? Someone can look good and bad at the same time. Being inconsistent is a weakness.

    That means he's better than Yami Teach and Akainu which no one argued against and it's not like Teach was about to die. Though it was a surprise hit on Akainu. WB in these scenes have absolutely nothing to do with anything I have been saying but you are right. Debates cannot end when you tip toe around the exact things the other side is saying. Like a CNN correspondent panel in this bitch.

  14. #54

  15. #55
    baji17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Albania
    Posts
    1,463
    Quote Originally Posted by giantbiceps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shanks, Akainu. Those two and the rest of the Admirals were perfectly capable of destroying MF Whitebeard.


    This Carlton guy is great too

  16. #56
    Banned Carlton dos Santos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    are you trolling? serious question

    - - - Updated - - -

    On Topic, it's WB ( ofc it's only at the beginning of the war before his engagement in it )




    Apart from the fact that you've just gone and listed all the possible candidates for the 'strongest' when OP asks for one, and that you've put Marco above WB ... how can Marco not be in the list when the weaker WB is in there, given Marco was in the war ?!

    I asked if you're trolling or serious, but actually, it doesn't matter, because either ways I can't grasp the bottom of your autism, no offense.
    You have this weird perception of WB as an invincible character. He was stronger than Marco in his prime for sure, when he recruited him as first mate but there is a reason why Marco took over his position. Do you really think WB could have tanked Kizaru's lasers like Marco when swords pierced his body like paper?

    Oh and fuck you too you fucking whore fuck. No offense.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton dos Santos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have this weird perception of WB as an invincible character. He was stronger than Marco in his prime for sure, when he recruited him as first mate but there is a reason why Marco took over his position. Do you really think WB could have tanked Kizaru's lasers like Marco when swords pierced his body like paper?

    Oh and fuck you too you fucking whore fuck. No offense.



  18. #58
    1. WSM
    2. WSS > Shanks > Admirals.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton dos Santos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have this weird perception of WB as an invincible character. He was stronger than Marco in his prime for sure, when he recruited him as first mate but there is a reason why Marco took over his position. Do you really think WB could have tanked Kizaru's lasers like Marco when swords pierced his body like paper?
    Oh and fuck you too you fucking whore fuck. No offense.
    Marco is the pineapple guy who can fly.
    Whitebeard is the old guy with the mustache who fucked up the magma guy.
    "What!? Obviously Doflamingo and any other New World saga antagonist can easily beat that Whitebeard pirate with the top hat whose name I forgot, the one who appeared for a few panels at Marineford. Also Barreltheif is my favorite poster on NF." - Eiichiro Oda (SBS)

  20. #60
    Banned Erkan12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Haki-User View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. WSM
    2. WSS > Shanks > Admirals.
    1.WSB 2.WSG 3.WSA 4.WSR

    *WSB = Strongest bisentoman
    *WSG = Strongest gunner
    *WSA = Strongest axeman
    *WSR = Strongest rockstar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •