Pre-stab or post-stab?
    Pre-stab. WB straight off the drips.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pre-stab. WB straight off the drips.
    ehh

Quote Originally Posted by Luffee View Post
    If we’re including Shanks then I favour him. Don’t think WB was the strongest by that point.
    I see where your claim is coming from, but it is baseless imo. The government took all preparations to take him down while believing that he's the strongest there, and he fell. This has zero indication that he was weaker than claimed, though.

Practically, saying that WB is stronger than Shanks is baseless too, but i'd go with him for his title as the strongest man alive.

I simply don't believe that Shanks would take on these countless stabs, slashes, cannon/gunshots then fight Akaino unwaveringly like that before his death

Last edited by DreX; 01-02-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    Back stabbed him you mean?

Whitebeard's no3 underling dealt with him later. Mihawk is the strongest but he matched with Whitebeard's no5 underling am I right?
    Aokiji and Kizaru trolls WB.He was not even able to harm them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Fair enough

I accept

2 week avatar bet
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Yeah,sure..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    alright

I favor old WB slightly above both Shanks and Kaido.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Pre-stab or post-stab?
    Huh? I don't think the stab did much of anything. The idea was to weaken WB's forces, not injure him so he would be an easier enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    Huh? I don't think the stab did much of anything. The idea was to weaken WB's forces, not injure him so he would be an easier enemy.
    Yeah looking at the monster feats he kept doing i don't think the stab affected him at all really.

it accelerated his health issues and a heart attack came from that most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty Kaido View Post
    I favor old WB slightly above both Shanks and Kaido.
    Can't see either being caught off guard by Squado or having their attacks stopped by an Admiral's shoes.

- - - Updated - - -

it accelerated his health issues and a heart attack came from that most likely.
    Even if true you think he wouldn't sustain an injury like that in a battle with Kaidou or Shanks early on? If that's all it takes to turn the tables then they are above him.

Can't see either being caught off guard by Squado or having their attacks stopped by an Admiral's shoes.
    Squardo stabbing Whitebeard would be no different than Law suddenly losing his mind and stabbing Luffy in Dressrosa. Whitebeard never expected ths attack in the first place so his guard was down.

And why do you think an Admiral wouldn't be able to stop Shanks or Kaido? Do you think every attack they land is gonna overpower the Admirals?

- - - Updated - - -

Even if true you think he wouldn't sustain an injury like that in a battle with Kaidou or Shanks early on? If that's all it takes to turn the tables then they are above him.
    Shanks or Kaido will likely receive an injury worse than the stab in exchange, and the fight would eventually lead to their defeat first.

but because of that stab, he had an heart attack and got a free hit done in by Akainu while Akainu didn’t receive any damage so the fight would become kinda one-sided after that.

You are probably right that both would portray better in terms of reaction speed. Strength and tankness, not sure. Need to see more from both.

but because of that stab, he had an heart attack and got a free hit done in by Akainu while Akainu didn’t receive any damage so the fight would become kinda one-sided after that.
    I always thought the heart attack was triggered by his health issues, not the stab.
    Last edited by Neko; 01-02-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Whitebeard View Post
    Squardo stabbing Whitebeard would be no different than Law suddenly losing his mind and stabbing Luffy in Dressrosa. Whitebeard never expected ths attack in the first place so his guard was down.
    You're forgetting that Marco said a non-sick WB would never get caught by even by a surprise attack from an ally. So we're told straight away his sickness was a handicap before he even got to MF.

And why do you think an Admiral wouldn't be able to stop Shanks or Kaido? Do you think every attack they land is gonna overpower the Admirals?
    I said with their shoes. Akainu still had his hands in his pockets. I absolutely don't see them blocking a hardened Club swing or Shank's sword with their shoes. Likely even Cognac wouldn't be stopped that easily especially if BM really is weakened. If Kizaru tried to hold down Kaidou's club with just one shot he'd be sent flying(not fa) or just punched in the face.

You're forgetting that Marco said a non-sick WB would never get caught by even by a surprise attack from an ally.

I said with their shoes. Akainu still had his hands in his pockets. I absolutely don't see them blocking a hardened Club swing or Shank's sword with their shoes. Likely even Cognac wouldn't be stopped that easily. If Kizaru tried to hold down Kaidou's club with just one shot he'd be sent flying or just punched in the face.
    That just hypes up prime Whitebeard even more. Just like Rayleigh claiming to be able to protect the strawhats and deal with Kizaru at the same time if he was in his prime isn't a point against old Rayleigh. It just goes to show what monsters these guys were. And right after the stab, Sengoku who knew Whitebeard was weak enough for Squardo to land a hit told his troops to be ready because the strongest man was gonna go wild.

I can totally see the Admirals blocking Shanks or Kaido. They're on their general level. And again, this is not a point against Whitebeard since we know even people like Marco have kicked through Admirals' defenses. It is a fight between top tiers, some hits you land and overpower your opponent, others get blocked. Regardless if Whitebeard is the strongest or not, Gura Gura's power is unrivalled so if they can block that, they can deal with most attacks from other Yonkou.
    Last edited by Whitebeard; 01-02-2018 at 07:07 PM.

Master of the Elements The Elementalist's Avatar
    Whitebeard like it is a contest what don't people get that he was holding the strongest man tittle until he died.

The idea of saying any Admiral was strong enough to beat him alone is terrible besides the fact saying Shanks is stronger which is just false.

>All Admirals had to weaken him to let Akainu get a proper 1 V 1 one him.
    >Only died because he was up against multiple top tiers at once Akainu, Kizaru, Aokiji and Blackbeard.
    >Shanks only stopped the war because the Marineford War was intended for Whitebeard not Shanks, everyone was getting exhausted to the point fighting another Yonko is out of the question and finally there was enough bloodshed.
    Last edited by The Elementalist; 01-02-2018 at 07:11 PM.

Shanks or Kaido will likely receive an injury worse than the stab in exchange, and the fight would eventually lead to their defeat first.

Exchange with who? Akainu and Kizaru? Not a chance in such brief skirmishes they'd be injured by Kizaru and Akainu.

Whole point of Kaidou is that he does not go down easily. BM is also more durable than WB as she's in a weakened state and was attacked internally by what did in Wadatsumi and still took zero damage while WB was injured by cannonballs and bullets. Squado literally would not scratch BM or Kaidou and Shanks would fight on with a stab wound like he wasn't stabbed in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

That just hypes up prime Whitebeard even more. Just like Rayleigh claiming to be able to protect the strawhats and deal with Kizaru at the same time if he was in his prime isn't a point against old Rayleigh. It just goes to show what monsters these guys were. And right after the stab, Sengoku who knew Whitebeard was weak enough for Squardo to land a hit told his troops to be ready because the strongest man was gonna go wild.
    I don't know what that has to do with anything. We're talking about Old WB at MF. Squado would literally not scratch BM or Kaidou if by some miracle he connected while Shanks would carry on as if he weren't stabbed in the first place like when his arm was taken. Even Law got stabbed through his chest by multiple claws after Red Hawk and fought on like he took negligible damage. Shanks wouldn't take a single stab wound and then be unable to duke it out for a few days with an Admiral. You think in the 10 day fight Akainu and Aokij did not sustain major injuries early on that they continued to push through for more days?

I can totally see the Admirals blocking Shanks or Kaido. They're on their general level. And again, this is not a point against Whitebeard since we know even people like Marco have kicked through Admirals' defenses. It is a fight between top tiers, some hits you land and overpower your opponent, others get blocked. Regardless if Whitebeard is the strongest or not, Gura Gura's power is unrivalled so if they can block that, they can deal with most attacks from other Yonkou.
    With their shoes? Why do keep skimming the edge of this? You really think Kizaru could hold down Kaidou's club with just one foot when BM is highlighted as a physical monster and Kaidou is supposed to be even worse?

While flying full speed. First time Admiral had no leverage. 2nd he blocked last second if at all.

It was the quack bubble not a wave. Even when the bubble actually goes off VA can stand up to it Akainu and higher up VA like Doberman weren't even bothered by it so it's not even as effective as Peirce Tiger which pushed Sabo back. It's not the same as a damaging quake wave. What makes blocking it impressive is that it's a two handed swing from WB's Bisento.
    Last edited by Dayum; 01-02-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Exchange with who? Akainu and Kizaru? Not a change in such brief skirmishes.

Whole point of Kaidou is that he does not go down easily. BM is also more durable than WB as she's in a weakened state and was attacked internally by what did in Wadatsumi and still took zero damage while WB was injured by cannonballs and bullets. Squado literally would not scratch BM or Kaidou and Shanks would fight on with a stab wound like he wasn't stabbed in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what that has to do with anything. We're talking about Old WB at MF. Squado would literally not scratch BM or Kaidou if by some miracle he connected while Shanks would carry on as if he weren't stabbed in the first place like when his arm was taken. Even Law got stabbed through his chest by multiple claws after Red Hawk and fought on like he took negligible damage. Shanks wouldn't take a single stab wound and then be unable to duke it out for a few days with an Admiral. You think in the 10 day fight Akainu and Aokij did not sustain major injuries early on that they continued to push through for more days?

With their shoes? Why do keep skimming the edge of this? You really think Kizaru could hold down Kaidou's club with just one foot when BM is highlighted as a physical monster and Kaidou is supposed to be even worse?

While flying full speed. First time Admiral had no leverage. 2nd he blocked last second if at all.

It was the quack bubble not a wave. Even when the bubble actually goes off VA can stand up to it Akainu and higher up VA like Doberman weren't even bothered by it so it's not even as effective as Peirce Tiger which pushed Sabo back. It's not the same as a damaging quake wave. What makes blocking it impressive is that it's a two handed swing from WB's Bisento.
    Whitebeard did carry on after the stab wound like it was nothing. We saw what it took to bring him down. That stab was nothing. And durability doesn't equate to overall strength.

Yeah. You seem to be underestimating the Admirals my friend. They're all Emperor level. Of course they would block one attack. Think how many attacks they exchanged during their 10 day fight. Blocking one is nothing in the bigger picture.

It was obviously WB.

Anyone who says otherwise is arguing with the author(which people do a lot in this section)

Can't see either being caught off guard by Squado or having their attacks stopped by an Admiral's shoes
    forget Shanks and Kaido, I can't see an average haki user being caught off guard by that thrust. I would rather think that WB took it deliberately in an attempt to turn back Squado. Hard to think that's not the case when Ace tried countless attempts and couldn't put a scratch on him even during WB's sleep, even if he was sick or whatever.

Having their attack stopped by an admiral's shoes? that doesn't mean he can't pull an attack that can't be stopped by an admiral's shoes.

Whitebeard did carry on after the stab wound like it was nothing. We saw what it took to bring him down. That stab was nothing. And durability doesn't equate to overall strength.

Yeah. You seem to be underestimating the Admirals my friend. They're all Emperor level. Of course they would block one attack. Think how many attacks they exchanged during their 10 day fight. Blocking one is nothing in the bigger picture.
    Yes but he noticed and felt it at first and legit fell to his knee. I already said I think the stab itself didn't do much. Still felt it and was hit by it in the first place.

Are you doing this on purpose now? They are not Sanji. They don't have particularly powerful legs. Can they casually block a Yonkou's attacks with their shoes? Can you actually picture that happening. I'm sorry but there is just no way they do that to BM or Kaidou nor would one well connected shot put either down temporarily like WB did Akainu.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    forget Shanks and Kaido, I can't see an average haki user being caught off guard by that thrust. I would rather think that WB took it deliberately in an attempt to turn back Squado. Hard to think that's not the case when Ace tried countless attempts and couldn't put a scratch on him even during WB's sleep, even if he was sick or whatever.

Having their attack stopped by an admiral's shoes? that doesn't mean he can't pull an attack that can't be stopped by an admiral's shoes.
    Now that is just strange. CoO probably can't predict attacks from people you are passively standing next to likely hiding their intent. Squado is also not some slow poke. Ace clearly had intent whenever he went after WB and passive WB is different than WB observing a huge battle in front of him.

Obviously he could. It's what he does with his hands. Point is he was physically matched by Admirals with just their legs due to his sickness which made him weak from the moment he left to MF not only after he was stabbed.
    Last edited by Dayum; 01-02-2018 at 08:16 PM.