• 5/5

13 59.09%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I liked this chapter a lot, wish it didn't end so early
    So do I

This was HYPE

also ousen moving shin stably to the right entrusting mouten to hold the left with breadcrumbs is yet another slap to kisui's face.

i really hope he does something to revert this trend.

Kisui has to be the biggest letdown in this manga. Without any doubt. He was not even convincing on his own territory.

And this has to be a candidate for a Great Heaven General?

Do not get me wrong, I really liked his backstory and all... but Hara is taking the piss with him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Kisui has to be the biggest letdown in this manga. Without any doubt. He was not even convincing on his own territory.

And this has to be a candidate for a Great Heaven General?

Do not get me wrong, I really liked his backstory and all... but Hara is taking the piss with him now.
    i know how you feel

but after all that buildup, this can't be all there is to him. I'd bet he's going to be the protagonist of some turnabout later in the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Earth-chan View Post
    i know how you feel

but after all that buildup, this can't be all there is to him. I'd bet he's going to be the protagonist of some turnabout later in the arc.
    It would be awesome if it will be him to defeat Kanki eventually... But how? I just really can not see it happening. Kanki is not only smarter, his army is stronger too. Zenou already played with Kisui before for example. His Zenou clan was enough to stall Kisui and his 2 vassals and still having the advantage.

Kisui is a very likable character and someone that I would even root for, yet he is so underwhelming currently that I just can not be bothered with it anymore.
    Last edited by Duke; 01-03-2018 at 10:27 AM.

It would be awesome if it will be him to defeat Kanki eventually... But how? I just really can not see it happening. Kanki is not only smarter, his army is stronger too. Zenou already played with Kisui before for example. His Zenou clan was enough to stall Kisui and his 2 vassals and still having the advantage.

Kisui is a very likable character and someone that I would even root for, yet he is so underwhelming currently that I just can not be bothered with it anymore.
    him defeating kanki would be also reckoning after kokuyou

my god, this NEEDS to happen

Mouten's awakening? What is this, One Piece?

Liked the chapter though, Shin trolling the old man then the whole 8000 arrived as backup

Quote Originally Posted by Earth-chan View Post
    him defeating kanki would be also reckoning after kokuyou

my god, this NEEDS to happen
    my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    my ass.
    If well portrayed, it would be nice and well deserved. As much as well written Kanki is as a character, he IS a cruel bastard that deserves to be beaten eventually. But Hara made him that awesome and powerful, that at the moment I can not see anyone but Riboku taking him down. And it would be nicer if Kisui is involved in that battle later. But than again, what is he going to do if he can not even take care of Mouten, a youngster who only just reached general level. As much as talented Mouten is, he should be no problem for a 3rd Great General candidate at the moment.
    Last edited by Duke; 01-03-2018 at 10:46 AM.

This is something that should not and can not happen, Kishi lacks what it takes to defeat the likes of Kanki.

update: I mean you've highlighted what i mean already. In a grand war like this he might eventually pull a fast one on Kanki, other factors included. It would be suitable indeed to see a a payback for what happened in Kokuyou, but in an isolated battle, Kanki would shake his heart, brain and brawn like a puppet in his palm.
    Last edited by DreX; 01-03-2018 at 10:52 AM.

I do agree, hence I was hoping for Kisui to shine during this battle.

This could have easily happen too, while not making Mouten look bad. Something like "Although Mouten, heavily outnumbered, fought bravely against Kisui and hold out as long as he could, it was eventually no good against Kisui who used trick after trick against the young talented Bu member"... Than Kisui attacking Ousen on the flank, surprising even Ousen... BAM, panic for the Qin.

No, we get a Kisui being stalled by the youngster who is not even martially that strong at all. Kisui defeating Kanki would be a bad joke unless he finally shows something REALLY great.

I do agree, hence I was hoping for Kisui to shine during this battle.

This could have easily happen too, while not making Mouten look bad. Something like "Although Mouten, heavily outnumbered, fought bravely against Kisui and hold out as long as he could, it was eventually no good against Kisui who used trick after trick against the young talented Bu member"... Than Kisui attacking Ousen on the flank, surprising even Ousen... BAM, panic for the Qin.

No, we get a Kisui being stalled by the youngster who is not even martially that strong at all. Kisui defeating Kanki would be a bad joke unless he finally shows something REALLY great.
    fair enough; I believe. tbh, him pulling something THAT great would be a complete ass-pull. It has been portrayed that Kishi lacks the experience and intelligence of the caliper to match either Ousen or Kanki. But let’s not overlook the fact that Riboko is the main mastermind behind Zhao here, if Riboko happened to pull his strings carefully such that Kishi, as the main player, deliveres a great blow similar to the one you mentioned, not only it would be well written but also hilarious if against Kanki.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, welcome to tmf.

Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    fair enough; I believe. tbh, him pulling something THAT great would be a complete ass-pull. It has been portrayed that Kishi lacks the experience and intelligence of the caliper to match either Ousen or Kanki. But let’s not overlook the fact that Riboko is the main mastermind behind Zhao here, if Riboko happened to pull his strings carefully such that Kishi, as the main player, deliveres a great blow similar to the one you mentioned, not only it would be well written but also hilarious if against Kanki.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, welcome to tmf.

Not if Riboku is full frontal attacking Ousen, Ousen is not God. Than Kisui could surprise him, but than again, he can not even go over Mouten currently.

And thank you kindly!

Kisui will never defeat kanki

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Odds on Gyouen recognizing Ouki's glaive?
    very low, he wasn't hyped as a guy that encountered Ouki like Gaimou was nor was a thorn in Ouki's side like Ranbihaku
    All Hail Aldo Jones

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    very low, he wasn't hyped as a guy that encountered Ouki like Gaimou was nor was a thorn in Ouki's side like Ranbihaku
    I bet you... He and Shin will fight and we see a flashback of him fighting Ouki.

I bet you... He and Shin will fight and we see a flashback of him fighting Ouki.
    perhaps we could, but I personally wouldn't hold my breath for that
    All Hail Aldo Jones

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by giantbiceps View Post
    I can see a flashback already of him losing but surviving a fight with Ouki, with Ouki praising his martial power. 'You are quite impressive, still no Renpa though kukuku'

You honestly believe this guy is not on the same level as for example Ranbihaku.
    A guy that has been seen as one of the strongest fighters in Zhao. What more hype can one get?!

I will remember you.
    Last edited by Duke; 01-04-2018 at 09:17 AM.

I can see a flashback already of him losing but surviving a fight with Ouki, with Ouki praising his martial power. 'You are quite impressive, still no Renpa though kukuku'

You honestly believe this guy is not on the same level as for example Ranbihaku.
    A guy that has been seen as one of the strongest fighters in Zhao. What more hype can one get?!

I will remember you.
    I will remember you.