Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Expectations for 2018

Thought it would be fitting to make a thread like this now when the year is almost over and we are looking ahead to the next year. What do you expect from OP next year?

I hope we get a solid WCI ending, a nice mini arc and Wano finally starts.
    Last edited by Neko; 12-31-2017 at 06:04 PM.

More Mihawk...but i doubt it.

So...more Robin and maybe Green Bull
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair enough

I accept

2 week avatar bet
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Yeah,sure..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    alright

I'm hoping Jimbei dies and Carrot not joining the crew .

Big Mom personally killing at least Jimbei and possibly Carrot, so she regains face
    Fear me, for I am Meng Hao

Anyone dying this arc

Sanji dying in this Arc.

Big Mom dying in this Arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Fair enough

I accept

2 week avatar bet
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Yeah,sure..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    alright

I really hope Oda introduces Green Bull before Wano. Will be though waiting for that for two-three more years.

I can see 2018 going like this:
    January-march: Whole Cake ending
    April-july: Pre-Wano
    August-december: Wano
    Last edited by Neko; 12-31-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Just hope we finally leave WCI.

Big Bad Kaido in action.

I expect to get someway through Wano in 2018, with fights. At least, 2018 will end with the other 2 Disasters and Drake's intro.

None.

I dont have high expectations anymore, I feel like I am reading a different manga and this is not OP
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Retired Legend #3
    18/2/18

"I just want us to leave this arc already" has been a running theme for almost every arc post-TS bar Zou but thats a mini-arc anyway, so frankly none at all, every new arc seem to have a hype opening to it and exciting developments at the start just to have ur hopes and dreams shat on by Oda by the time the arc is halfway through.

With what we've seen of the time-skip the only way to enjoy anything beyond this point is having extremely low expectations.

One piece is dead.
    -Fresh out of an icky gooey womb-

I absolutely understand not having high expectations, but I think it's important to not have them terribly low as well. In my personal opinion, I feel like that puts you in a mindset where you might be hyper-critical of every little thing Oda does instead of just enjoying the overarching story that he's trying to tell. This isn't to say that WCI hasn't been bad, because it has been, but I don't think we should drop our expectations entirely. I mean, Zou was still good, and so were the beginning parts of Dressrosa, and, arguably, WCI as well.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

It will be Kaido's turn to get humiliated.

Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    It will be Kaido's turn to get humiliated.
    I don't see it going down like it is with Big Mom though

Quote Originally Posted by Zu View Post
    I don't see it going down like it is with Big Mom though
    I think the situation with BM had unfolded the wrong way, to take on BM and her fleet heads on like that and with a small group like the one we saw in the last chapter was something that was absolutely uncalled for at this early stage. I believe Oda was obligated to hold down BM, which would naturally be more acceptable than sacrificing a member or two from the crew in that situation. Ofc the excuse of her hunger was an ass-pull that doesn't justify this farce, even if Oda intended it to.

The moment BM's portrayal was missed up like that without any signs of adjustments or holding back, though, it would mean that there's no guarantee we'd not see the same thing happening with Kaido.

- - - Updated - - -

But as long as the battle against Kaido isn't rushed like that, he shouldn't suffer the same humiliation with BM, i think. If the BM arc was wrapped up earlier than this and not dragged to this situation, i would've been more confident with Kaido, though.
    Last edited by DreX; 01-08-2018 at 07:28 AM.

I think the situation with BM had unfolded the wrong way, to take on BM and her fleet heads on like that and with a small group like the one we saw in the last chapter was something that was absolutely uncalled for at this early stage. I believe Oda was only obligated to hold down BM, which would naturally be more acceptable than sacrificing a member or two from the crew. Obviously the excuse of her hunger was an ass-pull that doesn't justify this farce, even if Oda intended it to.

The moment BM's portrayal was missed up like that without any signs of adjustments or holding back, though, it would mean that there's no guarantee we'd not see the same thing happening with Kaido.
    Nailed it on the head. Taking on a Yonko with such a motley round-up was bound to bring serious problems. But the flip side is precisely the reason I don't think Wano will be as poorly written, since it'll be such a large force and the main characters should be a good deal more powerful than they are here. I mean, Luffy is going to be FM level pretty soon here. That's a great position to start Wano in, in my opinion. The other top SN (Kidd, Law, Apoo) should all be top 3 Commander level at that point. The main issue in WCI, in my opinion, is all the measures Oda has to take to allow the Straw Hats to survive. I doubt he'll be doing that nearly as much in Wano. I can only hope.

But as long as the battle against Kaido isn't rushed like that, he shouldn't suffer the same humiliation with BM, i think. If the BM arc was wrapped up earlier than this and not dragged to this situation, i would've been more confident with Kaido, though.
    Should have ended when the cake fell man.
    Last edited by Zu; 01-08-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zu View Post
    Nailed it on the head. Taking on a Yonko with such a motley round-up was bound to bring serious problems. But that's precisely the reason I don't think Wano will be as poorly written, since it'll be such a large force and the main characters should be a good deal more powerful than they are here. I mean, Luffy is going to be FM level pretty soon here. That's a great position to start Wano in, in my opinion. The other top SN (Kidd, Law, Apoo) should all be top 3 Commander level at that point. The main issue in WCI, in my opinion, is all the measures Oda has to take to allow the Straw Hats to survive. I doubt he'll be doing that nearly as much in Wano. I can only hope.

Should have ended when the cake fell man.
    indeed..